Clothing and Transfer Utility problem

Hi there. I have a problem thatt is frustrating me.

Here's the workflow: Explort Genesis avatar as obj into Marvellous Designer and design a simple t-shirt. Export t-shirt as obj at correct size. Import into Daz3d and it fits Gensis. Fine. Then I use the Transfer Unity (source -genesis/target- T-shirt) and it crumples and is fixed to Genesis waist. No idea why or if there is a step I have missed.

Can youhelp please?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960

So it loads, with no transforms or scaling, at the right position? Are you uisng a morphed Genesis or the base androgynous shape?

• gederixgederix Posts: 390

This might help, starting from where your item is crumpled and attached to waist:

...don't panic.

Select G1/G2 and then the item with ctrl+click in Scene Tab (in this order).   Click on the tiny icon that looks like three lines and a triangle to the upper right of this.  Activate Edit—Rigging—Transfer Rigging (Figure Space).  Now it should be fitted to G1/G2 properly but still have its extra bones.

Save the clothing item to library and reload.  Do not move or morph G1/G2 before you do so.

from here: http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Saving-Gen-4-Custom-Bones-on-Conversion-417250347

• gederix said:

This might help, starting from where your item is crumpled and attached to waist:

...don't panic.

Select G1/G2 and then the item with ctrl+click in Scene Tab (in this order).   Click on the tiny icon that looks like three lines and a triangle to the upper right of this.  Activate Edit—Rigging—Transfer Rigging (Figure Space).  Now it should be fitted to G1/G2 properly but still have its extra bones.

Save the clothing item to library and reload.  Do not move or morph G1/G2 before you do so.

from here: http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Saving-Gen-4-Custom-Bones-on-Conversion-417250347

Thanks very much for your help. It sort of works, except the garment has shrunk. I tried to scale it up but it doesn't sit properly. I will have a fiddle around. Much encouraged though. Thanks.

• So it loads, with no transforms or scaling, at the right position? Are you uisng a morphed Genesis or the base androgynous shape?

I am using Stephanie 5, although the same happens if I use a default Genesis.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960

Please, with the figure untextured, post screen shots of your process (skipping the modelling part).

• Please, with the figure untextured, post screen shots of your process (skipping the modelling part).

Hi Richard - I am new to Daz, so please excuse me if I find the programme baffling. I am familair to 3Ds Max, however. I have test again with a default genesis avatar and I am now getting it working. I am only at the testing stage to determine what is possible. I aim to purchase the Grown Up series so that I can populate a school classroom in my own design of school uniforms for a comic project. However, if I can only use the default genesis it rather defeats my objective to make the clothing in Marvellous Designer.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    However, if I can only use the default genesis it rather defeats my objective to make the clothing in Marvellous Designer

Not quite...

Modelling to the base is for greatest compatability and flexibility..  After rigged, the clothing will follow the morphs.  This way you won't have to model a unique outfit for each and every character.  Modelling to a specific character/morph means you need to model an outfit for each one of those moprhs/characters.

• mjc1016 said:
    However, if I can only use the default genesis it rather defeats my objective to make the clothing in Marvellous Designer

Not quite...

Modelling to the base is for greatest compatability and flexibility..  After rigged, the clothing will follow the morphs.  This way you won't have to model a unique outfit for each and every character.  Modelling to a specific character/morph means you need to model an outfit for each one of those moprhs/characters.

Ah right. That makes sense and is even better. Thank you very much. I shall continue with my enterprise and hopefully share the results. :) Thanks very much for the support and advice. It is greatly appreciated.