Missing PZ2 files

Hi,

I am using DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32. Recently I had to download the Crying Time product from my past purchases and reinstall it. When I tried to instal it, I do it manually by the way,it keeps throwning up and error message and will not install. I am trying to drag and drop the files into their respective places, Figures,pose,props.....etc. The reason it is not working I believe is because all the PZ2 files are 0 bytes. I have tried re-downloading a few times with no success. Can anyone help with this. Thanks.

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

Poser version or studio version? There seem to be two in the store.

• Poser version I do believe.

• When I pullup the product I get 2 download options, one manual and the the othe is the install manager version. I use the manual.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited May 2016

Zero size files is a known issue with Window's built-in zip utility.  Use 7Zip or some other third party zip utility or DIM.

Post edited by jestmart on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited May 2016
    jestmart said:

Zero size files is a known issue with Window's built-in zip utility.  Use 7Zip or some other third party zip utility or DIM.

Basically if there is a problem with the zip file, it will give you the file names and that's it.   It won't tell anything about what is wrong or  even if there is a problem with the file.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Interestingly, I have about 100 plus files and this is the only one that won't work. Personally I believe something was changed in the product file but I don't know enough about these kind of things to figure it out. Oh well will just have to look elsware.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

You may want to report it.  I occasionally have a zip file that doesn't unzip correctly (although I don't remember what the error was offhand) and got a few products fixed by reporting them, although there may be a bit of turnaround time.