Moving DAZ to a new PC

Hello everyone,

I finished to build a new PC system. I will install DAZ 3D on this new PC. I have a lot content collected over the past years from other webshops like Renderosity. I did spent a lot of time to make them "smart" by editing the metadata. So my question is :

All content bought  in the DAZ shop will be downloaded by DIM and installed on my new PC, so far so good. But non DAZ shop content will be lost in the new installation.

Is there a short way like just to  copy the old  content library (from the old PC) into the new content library (on the new PC)? I just can´t spending hours to install Non DAZ shop content piece by piece once again and edit the metadata to make it "smart" .
I'm open to any suggestions.
Please excuse my English, I´m not a native English language user. 

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,630

Plug in your other folder that contains the products in DS in the Directory Manager. Make sure to plug it into the DazStudio and Poser sections.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,086

Windows or Mac?

Which version of Studio are you running (more importantly, are you using Postgres or the old Valentina CMS)?

You should be able to just copy the existing structures to the new machine providing you have a network connection between them or a large enough extenal drive. Answer the first two questions and we should be able o provide instructions.

• Hi frank0314,

thanks for your advise. Could you bit more specific.

My new PC is up and running, my old PC is nearby up and running. I copied the hole Content library from the old PC onto a external HDD.

That is my state of things.

• hi namffuak,

my old pc is Windows 8.1 with DAZ 3D 4.8. I have  Postgres    on both, the old and the new.

THX               

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,630
    edited May 2016

Hi frank0314,

thanks for your advise. Could you bit more specific.

My new PC is up and running, my old PC is nearby up and running. I copied the hole Content library from the old PC onto a external HDD.

That is my state of things.

Open Daz Studio go to Edit/Preferences. Select your Content Library Tab. At the bottom of the popup select Content Directory Manager. Expand the + next to Daz Studio Formats and Poser Formats. Select New on the left hand side and browse to the new location. Be sure to add it to both DS and Poser. That's about it.

CDManager.JPG
    1289 x 916 - 147K
    Post edited by frank0314 on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,086

OK - to save all your customization - on the old PC, start Studio and open the options from either the content library tab or the smart content tab and select 'Content DB Maintenance' and then 'Export User Data' and 'Accept'. This will create a 'User_Data_1.dsx' (and maybe a _2 and _3 . . .) in the runtime/support directory of the first defined Studio format directory; copy that to the new system in the same runtime/support.

For DIM to know what is already installed you need to copy C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager to the new system - the ManifestFiles directory contains all the installation details and Thumbnails contains the DIM thumbnails.

Then install DIM and Studio if you haven't already. Then start Studio and go to Content Directory Maintenance again; this time, select 'Re-import Metadata' and click 'Accept'. In the next screen you should be able to use the defaults. This will populate your new Postgres database.

• Well thank you guys (frank0314 and namffuak ),

I really appreciate your fast help. Well for today it is too late to do something. But I will keep posting my result.

Once again big thanks to you guys. 

sincerely

• Once again THX,

everthing worked out.

sincerely