Import OBJ with groups ON

karlakimorkarlakimor Posts: 15

When I use this option for an OBJ that has groups I get a unique mesh, for example a obj exported from DAZ of a character with groups on.

I would expect that the groups on would give me several independent meshes, as it happes when loaded in MAX. I know I can access to them with the surface selection tool. Is possible to separate them in different meshes in DAZ?

Post edited by karlakimor on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447

Not as such, though you could turn the imported prop into a figure and use each group as a bone (or import the OBJ into the Figure Setup pane and turn it into a figure there).

• karlakimorkarlakimor Posts: 15
    edited May 2016

Thanks, I was trying to import multiple meshes in one go. FBX importer doesn't work with a few exceptions. I know is possible to drag multiple obj on the viewport but I need to save first several objs instead one (for example in MAX) making all the process messier. surprise

Post edited by karlakimor on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447

You could use the groups to select geometry with thr Geometry Editor tool (most readily from the Tool Settings pane), then right-click, Geometry Visibility>Hide Selected, then right-click, Geometry Editing>Delete hidden (going from memory) to create a prop with just one of the items, then repeat as needed, but I think exporting separate OBJs will be quicker.