Does Genesis 2 not have a DSF file like other figures have?

I think Genesis 1 does have a DSF file but i searched in my Windows 10:   LocalDiskC:/Users/Public/Public Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Male/  and  there is no DSF. There is a DUF file though.

I'm trying to use MegaDAZ for Unity and it asks for a DSF file...but there is no DSF file for Genesis 2. that kind of sucks. I'm even wondering why the MegaDAZ creator hasn't updated his software to allow for DUF files. So it means, his product only supports Genesis1?   We're up to Genesis 3 already so it would be good if he changed from requiring only DSF to requiring DSF OR DUF.

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

I have found the .dsf files in the Data folder and the .duf files are in the People folder.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447

Before 4.5 DS 4 used .dsf for both data fiels and user files. In 4.5+ the user files are .duf instead. You should have the data .dsf files, if that's what the tool wants, from the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials packs.

• nokoteb99nokoteb99 Posts: 931
    edited May 2016

Before 4.5 DS 4 used .dsf for both data fiels and user files. In 4.5+ the user files are .duf instead. You should have the data .dsf files, if that's what the tool wants, from the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials packs.

Thanks. I finally found it thanks to a DAZ forum thread i found. It's at C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/MyDAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/

:)

Another thing thta got me confused was that the icon for the DSON Support files(DSF)  say DUF. That's kind of weird, so i thought they were DUF but when i went to Properties it said DSF file.

Post edited by nokoteb99 on