Unable to Recover from a Kernal Exception?

Studio is crashing all of a sudden at the end of a render.  I hit the cancel button on a render and I get that message and have to close the program.  Its never done that before

and nothing has changed. I haven't done the update for the newest 4.9 on this computer yet.  I've beeb running Studio with no problems since sept on this computer. 

Windows 4 64 bit Daz studio 4.9.1.30.   I can't finish any render in Iray.  Any help would be appreciated. I will be off and on sporadically today as its do some work around the house day here lol.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447

Windows 4? Have your GPU drivers been updated recently?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Is it in any way related to your scene, or does it always crash even if you just load a primitive into an empty scene and render?  (If it's related to the scene and you can't find a fix, perhaps you might at least be able to make a temporary workaround with a modification to the scene to eliminate whatever might be triggering the problem.)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Windows 7 lol.  sorry.  I have my automatic updates completely shut off.  I just shut down and rebooted and did a different quick scene.  It ran to the end of the render and was fine.  I am going to run it again and hit the cancel button half way through (which is where the last issue was) and see if it still does it.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Okay it seems that it must have been something in the scene itself because its working okay now.  Or maybe rebooting did the trick.  The scene I was working on wasn't anything critical so I will just discard it completely.  If it happens again using one of the items in that scene I will work on narrowing it down.  It was just a simple character with a dress, although I did change all of the material zones on the dress.

Thank you both for the help.  I realized I must be even more addicted to this program than i realized because I actually felt sick when it was throwing that error and the possibility of something going seriously wrong was there.