Files don't exist error message Studio 4.9.2.70

In Daz Studio 4.9 all my files were working fine.  I uninstalled it, installed the new version and now most of my files have exclamation marks or thumbnails with error messages that say the file dies not exist.  I installed Genevieve hair which I just bought and I got the error missing file message.  I am frustrated and do not know what to do.  I get the same error with my external content library.  I had to install a new PostgreSQLcms file because that file was deleted when I deleted Daz Studio 4.9.  Could that be the problem?  If I delete the program and reinstall it will that fix the problem?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,001

Why did you delete 4.9? Updating should ahve taken care of that for you. It would seem quite likely that something was lost and the Content Management System can no longer see the files or the files are missing. Can you load your content through Content Library>DAZ Studio Formats?

• JulesartJulesart Posts: 20

I got the problem resolved.  Everything is working now.  Somehow file location was changed.  All I did was uninstall the content within daz studio connect and reinstalled them.  Thank you for replying.  

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,001
    Julesart said:

I got the problem resolved.  Everything is working now.  Somehow file location was changed.  All I did was uninstall the content within daz studio connect and reinstalled them.  Thank you for replying.  

Were you using the same build - Public beta or Release? The settings are not shared so if your locations are not all defaults (or if you had a very old installation of the Release build which was using only the location in the user's Documents folder) you might find that content available in one was in an unmapped location in the other.