Solitaire by Meipe - Bear Mats?? - Solved (pretty much)

Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

Can someone tell me where the mats are for the bear in this set?  I load it but it's.... bare (sorry... had to!).  I can only find poses, cameras and mats for the bed, but nothing to make that bear a teddy bear.

Very weird.

Post edited by Stryder87 on

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited May 2016

"I load it"

How are you loading it? There are no texture maps for it, so it must be using a procedural shader. If it is the .duf file that you are using to load it, then presumably the surface materials should load automatically along with the bear. Could you post a screenshot of DAZ Studio showing what you are clicking on to load the bear?

(BTW, in case you ever need to know where the different files included with the product are located, many products do provide a list of files in the Documentation Centre, i.e.:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/21962/file_list ). Alternatively, the manifest file that comes with each product should also contain a similar list that can be read as a plain text document.

Post edited by SixDs on
  • Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    SixDs said:

"I load it"

How are you loading it? There are no texture maps for it, so it must be using a procedural shader. If it is the .duf file that you are using to load it, then presumably the surface materials should load automatically along with the bear. Could you post a screenshot of DAZ Studio showing what you are clicking on to load the bear?

(BTW, in case you ever need to know where the different files included with the product are located, many products do provide a list of files in the Documentation Centre, i.e.:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/21962/file_list ). Alternatively, the manifest file that comes with each product should also contain a similar list that can be read as a plain text document.

I load it by double-clicking on it in the package contents in Smart Content (teddy bear.duf).  Here's the weird thing.. when it loads, it's just that plain silver/white colour in my main viewport, but when I did a test render, it looks right.  I guess, since there are no other options for colours for the bear, it's all done up in one nice package.  It's just weird that it looks like a mat-less object.

Nekked Bear.jpg
    917 x 695 - 215K
  • Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

Forgot this screenshot.

Bear Prop.jpg
    841 x 418 - 150K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871

Solitaire has custom 3Delight shaders for everything. When I used it, almost every single surface was that sort of matless white when loaded, but it renders just fine. It gets really difficult to tell what's going on when you click on a material option and it changes from white to white (sometimes from one lightly tinted whte to another, but still), but you'll never see much of anything going on in the workspace.

Also, doesn't render at all in Iray; you need to reshader every surface with Iray shaders for that to work.