DS 4.9 not saving duf clothes

RavenhairRavenhair Posts: 28

DS 4.9.2.70 is not letting me save duf clothes, look at the image, this is what I get, is frustrating...

Don't know what else to do...

DSNotSavingDUFClothesError.jpg
422 x 464 - 56K
Post edited by Ravenhair on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Does it give any more information in the log file?

• RavenhairRavenhair Posts: 28

Does it give any more information in the log file?

how can i look at the log file?

Sorry for not knowing about how to look at it, never had this problem before...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File

Thank you it happens only after loading morphs using MLP.... and most of my clothes don't use the generated morphs, let alone the JCM or moves....

This what I get...

"2016-37-30 20:37:36.076 WARNING: dznodesupportassetfilter.cpp(1372): Failed to write Figure/Prop Assets.
    2016-37-30 20:37:40.735 Failed to save a file. See the log for more details.
    2016-37-30 20:37:43.265 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0"

I have no idea what it means...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447

Please take a screenshoot of the option dialogue before you hit save, so we can see the settings.

edited June 2016

Hi Richard!!!

This is the dialog, and what it says later....

This is frustrating....

DSNotSavingDUFClothesDialog.jpg
    294 x 482 - 43K
    DSNotSavingDUFClothesError.jpg
    422 x 464 - 56K
    Post edited by Ravenhair on

Hi Richard!!!

This is the dialog, and what it says later....

• The Asset Directory should not be empty - that needs to tell DS which DAZ Studio Format Content diectory to use for the asset files (the things in the Data folder).

Richard, this happens when I apply morphs, either with MLP or the ones I make using Dformers, not when I save them after applying textures, those are fine, it happens only when applying morphs....

• You are saving a figure prop asset - that's what the option dialogue is, as shown in the title bar. If you are just wanting to save a new morph you should be using File>Save as>Support Asets>Morph Asset. In any event, to the best of my knowledge, the asset directory needs to be set. Saving a preset (for textures or morph settings) doesn't involve writing asset files.

No no, is a figure/prop asset, thing is that I never had to fill the asset part on the top when using previous versions of DS4, and is driving me insane here.... is the whole thing that doesn't save the duf clothing once the morphs are loaded. 

• Does it save successfully if you do set the asset path (to one of your Daz Studio content directories - there should be a drop-down list)?

Let me try that one in a minute and I'll let you know....

It worked!!! 

Thank you bunches!!!!

• Glad to have helped.