Iray Lighting Query

Looking at the promo images for the Classic Comfort Bedroom, I'm curious how to get good interior lighting that actually looks like it's coming from outside. Just using the sun doesn't provide enough light, and it seems as though I have to hide the ceiling in a scene to get daylight scenes to look good when using photometric, rectangle spotlights.

http://www.daz3d.com/classic-comfort-bedroom

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Looks like they may have a spotlight shining through the doorways and windows.  You can use any lights you choose in an Iray render Studio automatically converts them...

• Vertigo789Vertigo789 Posts: 74

I'm aware of that point about lights being converted. Issue I have is that I seem to have a hard time getting an interior daylight scene to look good without removing the ceiling.

Test 1 - Single photometric spotlight with sun in background.

Test 2 - Increased size and lumens of light, adjusted temperature.

Test 3 - Removed ceiling, moved photometric light a bit further away from character and adjusted the angle.

Test 4 - Adjusted sun position and strength, added extra photometric light to better illuminate character on the bed

While I'm relatively fine with how shot 4 has turned out (especially with how good the lady's face looks), I'm uncertain what to think with regards to the lighting actually being believable (a bedroom with light mainly coming in from rear).