What is best way to get a perfect retopo

I'm trying to create a clothing product for Daz. When I look at the wire frame of some clothing items I have, it's crazy how perfect the retopo's are. My retopo is pretty good but nowhere as perfect as a lot of the items I've seen. do the retopos have to be this perfect? I wonder if they (the creators) are starting with a pre retopo'd base and then tweak it and add to it. IDK .

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,634

They modelled the items from scratch.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

The best way is with practice and good knowledge of topology.

• If you aer wanting to go from a sculpt to a final mesh look at things like the retopology tools in modo, which are manual strip drawingt using snapping to keep to the shape of the mesh; I think 3D Coat has/is getting similar tools allowing you to draw a set of quads that follow the base shape. I'm sure msot modelling applications have similar manual-with-assistance tools.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2016

Retopoflow for Blender is a good set of retopo tools as well. That is if you need something in a free package as Blender and Retopoflow are both free (the $75 version you'll find on cgcookie's market is basically you paying for tech support, the addon itself is free on github).

https://github.com/CGCookie/retopoflow

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on