Daz Connect installed product not showing up in Content Library

I've installed this product http://www.daz3d.com/lynsey-for-genesis-3-female-s using the Smart content pane - the item was grey and now it''s green, so I know it's installed. But I can't find it anywhere in my content library. I expected it to show up under the usual People>Characters>  but nothing's there. If in the Smart content pane I choose Browse to Folder Location it shows the content in Studio>My Daz Connect Library>data>cloud.[some number here]>

This is the first daz connect product I've tried to install and so far I'm pretty frustrated with it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to being able to see and use my content please...? 

Comments

• That's right - Connect content is not in the standard DAZ Studio Formats folder, it is in the virtual My DAZ Connect Library folder and there you can right-click on a folder and select one of the Create Links options to place special shortcut to a folder or folder tree in the desired real content directory.

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249

Thanks for the reply Richard. However I'm confused. In DS I have the regular My Library folder and also a My DAZ 3D Library. If I right click on that I have the following options:

Remove Base Directory, Create a Sub Folder, Create a Category From (Selected Folder, Selected Folder and Sub Folders), Create a Product From, and Browse to Folder Location.

What do I need to click?

• At the top of DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats you should ahve "folders" labelled Daz Connect which show the Connect-installed content as if in a standard content folder - that's where the right-click to create links is found.

edited June 2016

Ah, I don't have that folder. When I opened DS just now there was an error message about Postgre SQL not being established or something. I checked the SQL folder is there which it is.  I went to my PC  start manager and there used to be an option to start the CMS or something, but I don't have that (not sure if that should be there for 4.9). So I'm a bit lost what to do next.

Post edited by Eva1 on
  • I didn't think Connect would work if PostgreSQL wasn't running - does it come back if you close DS and restart?

edited June 2016

I've just opened DS and didn't get an error message, but I still don't see the folder. The screenshots show what I see in the Content Library tab and Content Manager. Smart Content still shows as Lynsey being installed.

Contentlibrary.JPG
    186 x 180 - 14K
    Imagedirectories.JPG
    156 x 111 - 11K
    Post edited by Eva1 on
  • And this is 4.9.2.70 (Help>About Daz Studio)?

Yep, 4.9.2.7 (on Windows 7).

• Is DS actually seeing your Connect-isntalled content - can you see Lunsey (witha  colour icon) in Smart Content's products tab?

It appears to be - I 've attached screenshot of the Smart content tab , and when I irght click on Lynsey  and choose 'Show Product in content library' it only appears as shown in the second screenshot.

screenshot1.JPG
    395 x 428 - 36K
    Capture2.JPG
    282 x 142 - 14K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

The overlay shows that it has an update -- since you just installed in, it probably installed incorrectly/incompletely.  Try updating it and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks very much Fixmypcmike for the suggestion - I updated it and now the content is appearing. Puzzling why it wasn't showing before. Still, seems fixed now so that's great:)

Thanks also Richard for your help many replies:)