Saving as Figure/Prop Assets query

SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I can't remember if this has been brought up since the introduction of the .duf file format and everything that comes with it.

Every now and then for the last year or so I go through Poser-format stuff I use frequently and convert them properly into D|S-format Asset files. This has gone on very well so far, but now and then I come across a major stumbling block — items that are constructed with many (in some cases, lots of many) individual parts, whether figures or props.

Is there any way around having to save each individual part on its own, then recreate the original Poser item using the new assets, and save that as a Scene Subset?

I don't like having to settle for directly saving the Poser items into a plain scene subset, since that stuffs all the new /data/ files into the auto_adapted folder; I don't consider this as robust as a proper asset save. I only do it when I have absolutely no choice (e.g. when converting the old Gazer critter, I discovered its geometry switching setup for the tentacles can't be saved as a Figure Asset).

Ideas, anyone?

Post edited by SpottedKitty on