Clothes don't fit properly in DAZ

Hey guys,

So i created an OBJ Cloth file from MD , using an avatar previously posed in DAZ, and then imported back in MD for draping.

The clothes fit perfectly once i import them back to DAZ.
The next step is to "Transfer the morphs" of the model to the clothes. I cant seem to get this right . The clothes appear jumbled up.
I converted the Object to Sub-D and used the Transfer Utility function, but the clothes don't seem to fit properly even though the avatar and pose is exactly the same. 

Help please . 

3.png
1920 x 1080 - 2M

Comments

• Please don't use black censor bars - set teh viewport to smooth sahded isntead, or use an untextured figure.

That looks as if you are using a shaped figure - for that to work in the Transfer Utility set the Source Shape to Current and in thee xtended options check Reverse Source Shape from Target. If that still doesn't work check that the figure isn't scaled and if it is clear the scaling while creating the clothing.

• juzduitjuzduit Posts: 33

Richard,

Sorry about that. 
    Your suggestion worked , somewhat . But they do not morph exactly to the figure. Whereas they fit perfectly prior to that. Scaling and all the other options are default.

5.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    6.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • You could use Morph Loader Pro to load the original shape as a morph, if you enable Reverse Deformations in the options (click the triangle next to the morph file name) that should just load the difference ebtween the desired shape and the shape you have. The problem is that you have a double approximation - first subtractring the shape to get back to the base shape, then projecting the morphs you used back into the clothing.

You could use Morph Loader Pro to load the original shape as a morph, if you enable Reverse Deformations in the options (click the triangle next to the morph file name) that should just load the difference ebtween the desired shape and the shape you have. The problem is that you have a double approximation - first subtractring the shape to get back to the base shape, then projecting the morphs you used back into the clothing.

I tried loading the file as a morph, while using my figure as the Geometry. 

However, it shows" geometry did not match failed to create morph" error . Am i doing something wrong? 

7.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

The morph for the clothing has to be used on the clothing. So you load the clothing onto the figure, then import the obj from MD and use it as a morph on the clothing you loaded earlier.

The morph for the clothing has to be used on the clothing. So you load the clothing onto the figure, then import the obj from MD and use it as a morph on the clothing you loaded earlier.

So i :

1. Loaded the Victoria model in the specific pose
    2. Import MD Clothing (Obj file) into the model 
    3. Used the MD clothing morph on the model
    4. Used Transfer Utility to Fit the MD Clothing on the model.

I still come up with the same issue. 

15.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Make the clothing to the standard zero pose of the model being used.

Import the clothing into Studio and use the transfer utility to rig it.

Then it should 'fit' the model.

After the basic fitting is done, use the Morph Loader tool to load any custom morphs to the clothing.