Is my video card, RAM, and CPU Good for Simple scenes?

GTx 750 Ti 2GB RAM,  Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.9 ghz,  8 RAM  Windows 7. 
The scenes will have plain black backgrounds, or plain white, iRAY renders, Dome and Scene, Default settings, using MRL Willow Skin.

Each video will be about 10 minutes long, using 1 to 4 genesis 3 models, There will be 1 to 3 non fancy objects.  

Comments

• HarkHark Posts: 48

I don't actually HAVE these, yet. I will TRY if we say yes. 
    I cannot try.

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508

..should be ok for at least 1 figure and some simple props, but if you havent got the videocard yet, try for a 4gb ram version.

If it drops back to using cpu mode then it will struggle, I only have a core2quad dell pc and yep, not good for iray although rendering 3delight is ok

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited June 2016

Better to get a 4GB model if you can - that's what i have. I would be very doubtful about getting all that into 4GB, even allowing for reuse of common elements. The CPU will struggle if you drop back due to lack of GPU RAM or if you use 3Delight. 8GB is not a lot of RAM though not, I think, impossibly little.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Ok, so I'm going for the 4GB RAM Gtx 750 ti... 

ANYONE know how long a render will take, if I use default iRay, 3 genesis in scene, and 15 minutes worth of animation?

• 3delinquent3delinquent Posts: 355

Sorry Hark, I don't know much about animation. The people that can help you might need to know stuff like how many frames per second you want and what resolution you want to render at. Probably your overall render quality settings will play a part too.

A commentor on DAZ 3d forum said, 

''' I run al my iray renders on Gtx 750 M, and have no problems. '' But, when there is more than 1 model, it goes to CPU. 
    But then, why is 3Delight faster.. it is using CPU, not GPU

I understand 3Delight is often faster, and does not so lack quality, 
    Uses no GPU, but only CPU.

What model computer, RAM, processor should I get?