Does customer service answer the phone anymore ???

sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've been trying all last Friday afternoon and all morning today to get hold of sales and support via the 800 number. I keep getting the recording about no one is available to take my call. Anyone else having trouble getting a live person? Daz used to always answer their phones before 'Debacle 2012'
I still don't have my items I reset last Friday except for 2 zip files that have nothing but DS 'Content' and 2 pdf files telling me how to use a zip file. Don't want any of those. I want my Poser files.
I also need to get a refund cuz the store let me buy something last Friday that I already have (yet again).

Debacle: a great disaster; a complete failure ; fiasco

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I gather that there is some sort of Public holiday in the USA today ? Could be the reason you get no reponse

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

I've tried calling 3 or 4 times since the site change over and they have never been available. Even when I call during regular daz time open hours. I guess they take a lot of holidays :)

Apparently other people have been successful in reaching said elusive support people.

• edited December 1969

It's Columbus Day in the US today, which is why the phones will be off.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited October 2012

Believe me, nobody takes Columbus Day off anymore. Kids are in school here, and it's business as usual. It's a non-holiday.
    As luck would have it, I finally got someone just now after non stop redialing.
    I found out that the zip files I got for my download resets that extract to DS 'Content' folder hierarchy are the way that it's going to become according to the girl I talked to. I bought these products in 2006, but now they extract to 'Content' and not 'Runtime'. That means probably any old files are only going to be ready for DS users to install unless for some freak reason some old installers haven't been hit by the conversion team yet. So are all the materials in these zips going to be for DS only too? Have they completely deleted all the Poser specific files from them? I know my old 'Ancient Trees' and 'Victorian Haunted House' had Poser specific files in the exe in 2006.
    Before I hung up, she told me if I wanted to go to the 'bug report' site and make a 'Feature Request' I could try that. By that, she means requesting that I only want my files in Poser format, not DS format. Anyway, maybe that's what I'll do FWIW. Not gonna hold my breath.

Post edited by sapat on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

sapat said:
    Believe me, nobody takes Columbus Day off anymore. Kids are in school here, and it's business as usual. It's a non-holiday.
    I found out that the zip files I got for my download resets that extract to DS 'Content' folder hierarchy are the way that it's going to become according to the girl I talked to. I bought these products in 2006, but now they extract to 'Content' and not 'Runtime'. That means probably any old files are only going to be ready for DS users to install unless for some freak reason some old installers haven't been hit by the conversion team yet. So are all the materials in these zips going to be for DS only too? Have they completely deleted all the Poser specific files from them? I know my old 'Ancient Trees' and 'Victorian Haunted House' had Poser specific files in the exe in 2006.
    Before I hung up, she told me if I wanted to go to the 'bug report' site and make a 'Feature Request' I could try that. By that, she means requesting that I only want my files in Poser format, not DS format. Anyway, maybe that's what I'll do FWIW. Not gonna hold my breath.

hmmm, thanks for sharing. I'll keep an eye out as I get zips. I've only gotten one or two so far, most have been installers that I install into my fake runtime and incorporate into the main after I sort it all out. Looks like I wouldn't want to use the batch installer thingy when that comes out.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299
    edited December 1969

The files are the same as before, it's just that they are in a Content folder 9which holds the Runtiem folder, the Data folder if there are native DS files, and any other folders needed for DS scenes). I agree it's going to be annoying if there's an unwanted folder (and remember that Content was only ever a default name, not a required name, and that DS 4 uses My Library instead) but it is apparently needed for the Install Manager :( . Still, there's no harm in making a bug report asking that the zips not include non-functional higher-level folders.

edited December 1969

sapat said:

All the zips I have downloaded so far have the full poser runtime inside the content folder. I have simply unzipped to a temp folder nad then moved the runtime folder to whichever of my Poser runtimes I wanted it installed in.

Once the downloader app is available, we assume that it will be able to do this automatically.

I rarely run even installers directly to a runtime myself. I prfer to do the same, direct the installer to a blank runtime forlder, and then move the files where I want them to go, I like control over my runtimes, I prefer to file stuff where I want it, not where someone else feels I should install it.
    edited December 1969

I guess the point for me is....I don't want to make extra work by having to extract to a temp folder and then move by hand to avoid the 'Content' hierarchy. I want to extract directly to my specifically designated runtime, just like I do when i purchase content from any other store. It's not that hard, everywhere else has been doing it right for years.
    I can't find the place to place a bug report that will let me do a 'feature request'. If you have a link, that would be helpful. The only bug report I could find was the usual one to report actual bugs.
    Thanks.

edited October 2012

I think you have to put "web Search" in the box at top right of the opening screen, and use "Feature" in the severity box.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Schools are closed here in NY as are the Courts. No Postal delivery either.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

sapat said:
    I guess the point for me is....I don't want to make extra work by having to extract to a temp folder and then move by hand to avoid the 'Content' hierarchy. I want to extract directly to my specifically designated runtime, just like I do when i purchase content from any other store. It's not that hard, everywhere else has been doing it right for years.
    I can't find the place to place a bug report that will let me do a 'feature request'. If you have a link, that would be helpful. The only bug report I could find was the usual one to report actual bugs.
    Thanks.

Any half-modern zip extraction utility should have the ability to drag the "runtime" folder from the zip to the desired destination. There's no "extra work" and no need for a temp directory unless you're wanting to modify the structure further.

Kendall

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Where is that confounded Install Manager at anyway? We're waiting! (Tapping fingers on screen).

Four months ago I was told it would take longer to add a PC or MAC button on the download page than it would to change everything over to zips. I don't believe that is still the case.

PS 8-) This is all in good fun DAZ so don't take it personal.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

but it is apparently needed for the Install Manager :( .

I'm trying to think of a way in which this won't utterly ****-up an existing Poser-only runtime. I can't think of anything. Unless the IM program has a switch with different install behaviours for "Poser-only", "D|S-only" and "both"...?
  • adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

sapat said:
    Thanks.

Any half-modern zip extraction utility should have the ability to drag the "runtime" folder from the zip to the desired destination. There's no "extra work" and no need for a temp directory unless you're wanting to modify the structure further.

Kendall

Indeed, and most zip utilities will extract directly from within zip sub folders to the Poser / studio runtime, without the need to drag anything

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299
    edited December 1969

but it is apparently needed for the Install Manager :( .

I'm trying to think of a way in which this won't utterly ****-up an existing Poser-only runtime. I can't think of anything. Unless the IM program has a switch with different install behaviours for "Poser-only", "D|S-only" and "both"...?

I assume it uses the Content folder for navigation and extracts the files relative to that, rather than creating a Content folder in the destination location - which would break a default DS4 installation as well as Poser.

edited October 2012

Ignore this post

Edited to say I tried to post in another thread, but could not. This was just a test.

You can move along now

Post edited by ledhead on
  • LilwolffLilwolff Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Schools are closed here in NY as are the Courts. No Postal delivery either.

Same here in NJ - No School, no banks, no postal delivery, no courts. So Columbus Day is still very much alive and kicking in the USA.

edited October 2012

Ledhead said:
    Ignore this post

Edited to say I tried to post in another thread, but could not. This was just a test.

You can move along now

OK, consider yourself ignored :coolsmirk:

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    OK, consider yourself ignored :coolsmirk:

LOL

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I think you have to put "web Search" in the box at top right of the opening screen, and use "Feature" in the severity box.

You mean once I get to the bug page I have to enter 'web search' somewhere? I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be thick, I just don't understand. Senility....one of the joys of old age.

edited December 1969

yes. I go to bugs, login, then in the top right hand corner there is a box, where you can click to get a drop down box It says beside it "Project", select Web search from the drop down menu.

bug_tracker.jpg
    788 x 579 - 180K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Where is that confounded Install Manager at anyway? We're waiting! (Tapping fingers on screen).

Four months ago I was told it would take longer to add a PC or MAC button on the download page than it would to change everything over to zips. I don't believe that is still the case.

PS 8-) This is all in good fun DAZ so don't take it personal.

The delay isn't in converting items to zips, it's in the work required on the web side so that the Install Manager can check for updates. Like adding a PC/MAC filter on the downloads, that's work that has to wait for the site bugs to be fixed.

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

sapat said:
    I found out that the zip files I got for my download resets that extract to DS 'Content' folder hierarchy are the way that it's going to become according to the girl I talked to. I bought these products in 2006, but now they extract to 'Content' and not 'Runtime'.

Double click on the Content folder and extract the Runtime from there.

Coldrake

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    yes. I go to bugs, login, then in the top right hand corner there is a box, where you can click to get a drop down box It says beside it "Project", select Web search from the drop down menu.

Thanks Cho.....appreciate the help :)
    edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    sapat said:
    I found out that the zip files I got for my download resets that extract to DS 'Content' folder hierarchy are the way that it's going to become according to the girl I talked to. I bought these products in 2006, but now they extract to 'Content' and not 'Runtime'.

Double click on the Content folder and extract the Runtime from there.

Coldrake
    I don't follow. Are you saying while I have Winzip open, I should double click on one of the files in there? I'm confused (which is extremely easy for me).

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Hi Sapat, I don't have a zip from DAZ so I just made one. I use 7Zip but it should be the same.

Open the zip file and you'll see the Content Folder, double click on the Content folder and you'll see the Runtime folder. Select the Runtime folder and extract where you want. Hope this is helpful.

Coldrake

DZ2.jpg
    390 x 319 - 68K
    DZ1.jpg
    393 x 318 - 61K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Coldrake. I'll have to see if I can do that in Winzip. Or if the one you have is free, maybe I'll download it and give it a go. Much appreciate the visual aids :)

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited December 1969

sapat said:
    I've been trying all last Friday afternoon and all morning today to get hold of sales and support via the 800 number. I keep getting the recording about no one is available to take my call. Anyone else having trouble getting a live person? Daz used to always answer their phones before 'Debacle 2012'
    I still don't have my items I reset last Friday except for 2 zip files that have nothing but DS 'Content' and 2 pdf files telling me how to use a zip file. Don't want any of those. I want my Poser files.
    I also need to get a refund cuz the store let me buy something last Friday that I already have (yet again).

I haven't called them for a long time, but I've never been able to get them on Friday afternoon. And it's iffy any afternoon.

Best bet is morning, but it was Columbus day. States and individual companies decide whether they'll celebrate it.

Of course I could think of some reasons they might be busier than they used to... :)

edited October 2012

Coldrake said:
    Hi Sapat, I don't have a zip from DAZ so I just made one. I use 7Zip but it should be the same.

Open the zip file and you'll see the Content Folder, double click on the Content folder and you'll see the Runtime folder. Select the Runtime folder and extract where you want. Hope this is helpful.

Coldrake

Thanks Coldrake, I tried the 7Zip and it worked fine for this issue. I'll definitely keep it for future use!! ;-)
    Post edited by sapat on