Only leaves in the Objects library

bubba1118bubba1118 Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in Carrara Discussion

I just downloaded and installed the beta version (64 bit) and all there is in the object library is leaves, nothing else just leaves. Is this normal? With the cool nights I already have a yard full of leaves so don't need any more.

Post edited by bubba1118 on

Comments

• Frank__Frank__ Posts: 302
    edited December 1969

You'll have to install the Carrara native content (or whatever it's called), too. Or copy the stuff from your C8-installation into the C8.5 directory (mostly the preset-folder; don't override newer files).

• bubba1118bubba1118 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I have installed everything that there was in the downloads. C8 MimicPro, CarraraRenderNode, and Carrara 8.5.0.172. all for 64 bit. Is the content in the 32 bit download?

edited December 1969

bubba1118 said:
    Thank you. I have installed everything that there was in the downloads. C8 MimicPro, CarraraRenderNode, and Carrara 8.5.0.172. all for 64 bit. Is the content in the 32 bit download?

The content should be independent from 32 or 64bit; the file is way bigger than the programm-installation (a thing you cannot see any longer in the shop system ..., very helpful). RenderNode and Mimic have nothing to do with it.

Reset your C8.0 downloads and download the 8.0-stuff, the main installer is something with "native" or "content" in it. Some other forum members will surely step in and tell the correct name (it's some time since I downloaded this stuff and I'm on the wrong PC to check, sorry).

edited December 1969

Okay, as everybody seems on sleep I'd reset my C8-Pro order. This is what you want:

Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade - Carrara Native Content - exe - pc (for Mac one entry above)

It's the last entry of the C8-Pro-Downloads; I almost missed it (switching to 50 items on the download page it's halfway on the second page).

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi bubba1118 :)

The Carrara 8.5 "Beta" doesn't come with all the standard content which you would normally get with the full version of Carrara, this is mainly to keep the download small

The leaves are needed for Carrara's plants,. so they need to be with the main program.

You Don't need to have the "carrara native content" installed, to be able to test the beta.

But,.. If you want to,. and you already own a previous version of Carrara,. then you can install your "Carrara Native Content" again, into the beta folders.

Hope it helps :)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

bubba1118 said:

What strikes me (and I'm surprised Andy didn't picked up on it ;-) ) is the mention of the Render Node. The Render Node is supposed to be installed on another computer (or computers) that you own. The node and the main Carrara application aren't supposed to be installed on the same computer. This may be why you can't see any content, browser etc. Try re-installing the main Carrara application and the content as the other posters have mentioned and see if it works. Don't install the Render Node on the main machine- it goes on a client machine if available!!!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Ah ha.... now it makes some sense :)

Nice catch Evil producer :)