Fitting G3F's clothes to G2F.

ant2505ant2505 Posts: 68

Hi everyone!

Could you tell me how to fit Genesis 3 female's clothes to Genesis 2 female properly? I mean the best way to do it  in your opinion.

Post edited by ant2505 on

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I haven't tried it yet, but I would think the best way would be to do a rigging transfer either from g2f or from a similar g2 clothing item to the g3f clothing.

• ant2505ant2505 Posts: 68

I'm interested in transferring clothes in opposite way: g3f to g2f, not g2f to g3f.

Doing a rigging transfer sounds good, but looks like my skills are poor yet for that. I would try, by the way, if I knew how to begin and what to do at least approximately. So, any ideas how to do it?

• Genesis 3 Female for Genesis 2 Female(s) by Valzheimer

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-for-genesis-2-female-s

• 3delinquent3delinquent Posts: 355

The above product G3F for G2F contains what is called a clone. It basically allows you to auto fit G3F items to G2F. It works the same as autofit the other way. There are some issues with some items of clothing because of the way the different figures are rigged (and some stuff I don't understand:) ). The only problem I've had so far was with a longer skirt and a coat where the clothing was messed up in the thigh area. Auto fit is rarely perfect but it's always a good place to start from. If things don't work out you have to compromise or start learning how to use sculpting/modelling applications.

Genesis 3 Female for Genesis 2 Female(s) by Valzheimer

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-for-genesis-2-female-s

Thanks! Looks really interesting to me!

The above product G3F for G2F contains what is called a clone. It basically allows you to auto fit G3F items to G2F. It works the same as autofit the other way. There are some issues with some items of clothing because of the way the different figures are rigged (and some stuff I don't understand:) ). The only problem I've had so far was with a longer skirt and a coat where the clothing was messed up in the thigh area. Auto fit is rarely perfect but it's always a good place to start from. If things don't work out you have to compromise or start learning how to use sculpting/modelling applications.

Thank you! Just few more questions for you:

I have a finished g2f character with all it's morphs and shapes done, if I will use this clone to fit g3f's clothes to my character will it change it's existing morphs and shapes somehow?

Does this method works good with g3f's heeled shoes?

And a question about auto fit: is it ok that when I use auto fit to my needs written above there is no "g3f" point in menu "what figure was the item originally designed for?"? Is it better to use "unsupported" in this situation?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050
    ant2505 said:
    I have a finished g2f character with all it's morphs and shapes done, if I will use this clone to fit g3f's clothes to my character will it change it's existing morphs and shapes somehow?

No, it should not impact your character.

ant2505 said:

Does this method works good with g3f's heeled shoes?

Unfortunately high heels are usually problematic for autofit.

ant2505 said:

And a question about auto fit: is it ok that when I use auto fit to my needs written above there is no "g3f" point in menu "what figure was the item originally designed for?"? Is it better to use "unsupported" in this situation?

You don't have G3F in the list because you don't have an autofit clone for G3F currently. Using "unsupported" will try to autofit your clothes anyway but there's no guarantee on the result since it doesn't really know how to adjust the shape of the clothes.

To do the rigging transfer, load your G3F clothing then go to edit->figure->rigging->convert figure to weight mapping and select Triax and click "ok"

Then load either the G2F or  a similar G2F clothing that would work the same way as the G3F you want on your G2F

(For example, the clothing you want to convert is a dress, then probably a G2F dress would be a better fit to transfer the rigging from)

If you load a G2F, don't do any morphing or resizing, just leave the character as default then go to edit->figure->Transfer Utility

On the left drop down for source, select you G2 item

On the right drop down for target, select your G3 item and click "Ok"

When it's done (only takes a few seconds) the G3 item should now autofit a G2 figure.

I use this method to re-rig clothing that I don't think works the way it should. Such as a loin cloth with a front and back flap that is rigged to the figures leg, I will transfer the rigging from the GenX Dress to it because the GenX dress has seperate bones for the front and back flaps to manually pose them however you want.

• 3delinquent3delinquent Posts: 355

Thanks kaotkbliss. This is the side of Studio I really want to start exploring. I'd love to see a run down somewhere on all the other options, aspects and uses of the transfer utility.

Sorry ant, I forgot to mention I never bother even trying to fit shoes across generations. As for the G3F clone being in the autofit list, the product tattooedillusions linked to should provide the clone (it will be there automatically if you have the product installed). Or you can do it the way kaotkbliss described. When trying to crossfit items all the time, I like having the product to do it automatically.

Thank you Leana, kaotkbliss and 3delinquent!

It's a pity, that there are troubles with transferring heeled shoes. Hope it will be corrected in future).

There's a nifty trick I learned about not that long ago which may help with shoes.

Load the shoes, then load the figure. Without fitting the shoes to the figure, pose and scale the figure so the feet line up as if the figure were wearing them. Then when you do the rigging transfer from figure to the shoes, in the dropdown below the source on the left, select current. Then expand your options on the bottom and select the option that saus something like reverse morph. that repositions the clothes so they fit the character unmorphed and in standard T position :)

Thank you for sharing experience!)