how to get the floor to show

I am never able to show the floor in my scene's while i am working on items.

it's always black squares, and only able to see the result one I rendered the item..   is there a way to make it visible at all while

I am working on a scene?

Comments

• The Iray environment? You would, I think, have to use nVidia Iray Preview mode (ctrl(win)/cmd(Mac) 0 - ctrl/cmd 9 to get back to Texture Shaded).

• pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506

No just the 3Delight.  while I add items to my scene,  I can just the the floor..  (or does it always need to be rendered first to see the floor?)

I tried with Iray Preview mode,  but  it takes forever when i move something,   then everything is re-rendering again..  so I don't have it enabled..

• 3Delight does not have a floor by default  -the grid is just a guide - so I'm not sure where one is coming from when you render. What is in your scene?

This is like 1 of them

http://www.daz3d.com/west-park-morgue

I can see the floor barely and sometimes I won't see it at all.  until I render the image.

• OK, so the issue may be that you have preview Lights off or that your actual lights are being previewed but are fairly horizontal - things that are at an acute angle to the light direction thnd to preview dark.

ok,  I will play around with it..   

Bought too many items (1800+) , and barely time to render and build..  (all those darn sales  lol)