Any Product or way for V3/M3 and V4/M4 Poses to Work Well in Genesis 2 figures?

I know there is one V4 Poses for Genesis2 product. But there doesn't seem to be any that convert V3/M3 poses to Genesis 2. Thing is i have great set of conversation poses for M3/V3. So what to do?

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I just thought of this and haven't tried it, but it may work...

Load a G3 character, apply the pose.

Load a G2 character of the same gender.

Convert G3 to Triax weight map

Transfer rigging from G2 to G3 (May not need this step?)

Now, can either save the pose as a new asset, or copy/paste pose from G3 to G2 then save as new asset...

• nokoteb99nokoteb99 Posts: 931

I don't understand what you mean. You mention G2, and G3.. But i'm talking M3/V3  poses to Genesis 2.

What's G2 and G3?

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited June 2016

Ooops, wrong gen LOL

Although, I'd think the same could apply to V3/M3

G2 = Genesis 2

G3 = Genesis 3 (just replace this in the steps above with V3/M3)

*edit*

A more detailed step by step:

1. Load V3/M3 character and apply your pose

2. Select the character and go to edit -> rigging -> Convert figure to weight mapping and select Triax

3. See if you can safe the pose and apply it to Genesis 2 character, if not continue on

4. Load a Genesis 2 character of the same gender (Genesis 2 Female if V3 was loaded, Genesis 2 Male if M3 was loaded) Attempt to copy/paste pose from V3/M3 to G2F/G2M by selecting V3/M3 and going to edit -> copy -> copy figure then select Genesis 2 and go to edit -> paste -> Paste figure pose

Post edited by kaotkbliss on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

Go to ShareCG and find the scripts by SGApps... they will transfer poses at least as well, if not better than, the for-pay product that is available else where.

Guys thanks for the help but i tested. And it seems pretty much all V3/M3 and V4/M4 work well with Genesis 2.  Just need minor adjustments like in the ankles. But that's it. Otherwise good.

Now i have another question. I bought some Genesis 3 Poses and want to use them on Genesis 2. Tested it. Total disaster. There is a product in DAZ to convert poses from Genesis2 to Genesis 3 but there is no product to convert Genesis 3 poses to Genesis 2.

Any thing i can do?   Kaotkbliss, in this case will what you said about G2 and G3 apply?  Should i do those steps?

I just thought of this and haven't tried it, but it may work...

Load a G3 character, apply the pose.

Load a G2 character of the same gender.

Convert G3 to Triax weight map

Transfer rigging from G2 to G3 (May not need this step?)

Now, can either save the pose as a new asset, or copy/paste pose from G3 to G2 then save as new asset...

Uhm. tried it didn't work. The pose on G2 is not the same as G3.