Will a GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Render Iray well?

I dont have the vid card, and my tower's RAM is 8GB
The price on the card is the same as a 4GB version, non SC.

Im using 1 to 4 genesis 3 models, simple plain backgrounds, a few lights, a few panel primitives for backboarding and bottom boarding, 
Will a 15 minute worth animation take long?

Comments

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

Its all about the VRAM and the Cuda cores. You might fit all that into 2GB of VRAM but you only have 640 Cuda cores.  That's not gonna work out to well for stills, let alone animation.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Hark said:

Im using 1 to 4 genesis 3 models, simple plain backgrounds, a few lights, a few panel primitives for backboarding and bottom boarding, 

I'd go for a nine series card; a 970 is decent.

I'd sooner have slower (slightly) 4GB than faster 2GB; if the scene wont fit in the card's memory then it's the same speed as your CPU.

and 15 minutes, multiply by 30 frames for a second; that is a lot of frames; depending on resolution but it could take days.

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    edited June 2016
    Hark said:

A 4GB card is going to be hard pressed to hold 4 Genesis 3 figures.  Add hair, clothes, and some props/scenery, and I can almost guarantee it won't.

My eVGA 970GTX SC hits a little over 3GB used with ONE Genesis 2 Female, Hair, clothing, environment, and props.  Not terribly a complex environment, either.  Adding even one more figure is iffy without them sharing a lot of textures.  (I should note my card is driving both my monitors, so even wtihout DS running, I'm using about 800MB.  DS will take up some room for OpenGL textures for the viewport....with the scene I described, it sits at around 1.24GB used.  Iray rendering pops it up to a max of about 3.1GB)

A 980Ti 6GB would probably manage 4 Genesis 3 figures with some clothes/hair/props and some scenery, as long as it doesn't get to be too complicated of a scene.

Post edited by hphoenix on