Carrara Challenge #25: Light and Shadow - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

2»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Congrats!

Man... I missed this whole thing too! 

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Well done to the winners - well deserved!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited June 2016

Very well deserved, Dudu, Headwax, and PhilW.  And much praise to each participant and to Mark Olsen because I thought this was a great theme and people found creative ways to address it.   Also, I am pleasantly surprised, and very happy to have received so many votes.  I am generally more aware of the unaddressed flaws in my WIPs and submissions than of anything meritorious, and this was no exception.  Dudu, if you want to pass the coordinator role for the reasons given, I can try to help out for challenge 26.

Thank you to Daz and to Phil for generous sponsorship.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Go ahead my friend, I can't wait to see what is your choice for the next challenge !

And thanks to accept this job !

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited June 2016

Congrats to the winners!  All are excellent works!

Great work to all who entered... I really liked all the entries and believe it or not impressed myself a bit more than last Challenge but not enough to hope to place of course which I have given up on. I just want to model and create sceens than I'm happy with.

DUDU and Diomede,  I'd like to see you both collaborate on the next Challenge. Perhaps run a few ideas for it by each other?

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Hey great stuff! Thanks Mark for the hard work and to DAZ for their generosity and to PHILW for sponsoring us again!

Thanks Phil.

!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

well done to the challenge winners... great stuff

thanks Daz & PhilW for the prizes that were given to the challenge, looking forward to the next one....

hope it's about ships... I have one I'm working on devil

if anyone would like to host the next challenge, accepting volunteers   I am willing to do so, and want to make sure that people who dont want to host are not discouraged from entering, but encourage anyone to volunteer.  Assuming no volunteers, I will try to put something together by the end of the week. 

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I think I can assist if you want or I could try to host again. I dont think anything will interfere at this point in time Un less it is more preditor attacks on the Avians I have.

Just finnished building 2 new coops to keep things safe again.

Thank you, Chickenman. 

Assuming no objection from Dudu as rightful winner, consider yourself the all-powerful dictator of the 26th Carrara Challenge.  I think you know the drill - clearing with our friendly Daz rep, choosing the theme and rules, starting the WIP thread with appropiate dates, and posting the Entries/Voting threads when the time comes.  And at the end, there are the communications with the winners and the Daz rep again to get the prizes sorted out.  I really appreciate your willingness to volunteer.  I am willing to help anyway I can if you have questions or if your schedule will get in the way of anything.

Ted

No problem for me Ted (nice to know your real name !), it seems to be a big job to organize this challenge, thank you Chickenman, you are the chief now !

Marc.

I try to send a PM to Mark Olsen but when I click on my "Inbox", nothing happens.

What's the process to read and send a PM ?

I Will let mark know that i am doing it. Since I passed the reigns to him I dont think things have changed much.

When I click on the In Box it then takes me to the in Box. You should see a message there from me.

I sent him a Message indicating I would take the reigns.

DUDU said:

I try to send a PM to Mark Olsen but when I click on my "Inbox", nothing happens.

What's the process to read and send a PM ?

I'm sorry but this problem persists (see scrennshot)

Capture.JPG
    1670 x 649 - 120K
    Capture.JPG
    1670 x 649 - 120K

I think that you are getting the Daz3D general messages instead of the forum specific messages.  They are different.  Go to the forums section.  You will see a little wheel.  Click that and look for messages.

message 1.JPG
    356 x 270 - 25K
    edited June 2016

Ignore that inbox it is not connected to the Forums and I don't think that it is in use anymore, I've never seen anything there. If you want to PM him click on his logo to get his info... then at the upper right there will be a "Message" box to click on. When you receive a message it will be in Forums... LEFT click on the gear icon under the little blue man icon, upper right corner of screen, it will drop down a list under which Inbox is listed, it shows if there are any replies from messages sent... if it states 0 then nothing is there or it may state 1 or 2 etc. Just choose Inbox from the upper right gear icon dropdown list to see any messages you have.

Note that the blue man icon will disappear but that gear icon will always be there when you are reading discussions/threads. The gear icon will show a "Delete Discussion" so you can remove any old ones that you no longer want.

Excuse me I tend to over explain things. I did send Mark a message when voting opened and got a reply, in the Forums, Not my main DAZ account. See next screen grab by diomede.

[Edited to correct a few errors - 6:18PM]

Post edited by wgdjohn on
    edited June 2016

I stand corrected.  Thank you.  I found Mark's PM to me by clicking that button and then was able to reply to him from there.

pm messages 1b.jpg
    300 x 496 - 43K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Thank you for the screen shot... I neglected to add one.

Thanks you both , it's done now.

I always forget this, my neurons disapears more and more everydays... I make a screenshot of your posts directly.

Thanks !

No problem.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited June 2016

Whoops - didn't have email or internet access the last day or so, looks like I missed a lot!

chickenman - I replied to your IM, thanks for taking on the next challenge!

all the winners - I have received responses from all but one person and have the email to DAZ3D ready in my inbox, so once I get a reply on that last one I will send it and hopefully everyone will get their prizes soon. laugh

Stezza said:

hope it's about ships... I have one I'm working on devil

That ship you are working on actually looks like a fun project - it inspired me to add "try a ship!" to my long list of potential future projects. :)

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
    MDO2010 said:

That ship you are working on actually looks like a fun project - it inspired me to add "try a ship!" to my long list of potential future projects. :)

You may not have to wait to long. The thought is rolling around in my head like a heavy sea with a dark grey storm cloud above.