V4 face morph not working

Hi all.

I bought a V4 character - Sabby Topaz - while the body morph applies correctly in Carrara, the face morph does not - it just remains as V4 basic face

I have applied V4.2++ morphs and Elite. no joy - have tried applying both the poser and Daz studio morphs that come with product, have plenty of other Sabby characters that work ok in Carrara

I tried applying the morph in DAZ studio and that works ok in there, so exported scene to carrara but now find that some of the morph sliders - arms up down for example,- stop working in Carrara for the imported file

Any ideas much appreciated. Carrara 8.5 pro latest build

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI :)

Try installing the "powerloader" things for the morph packs

also could be worth reinstalling V4 M4 ,. and the morph packs, by using DIM  ,. if they were originally manually installed.

V4 had some strange tech, such as magnet fits, which were more confusing than beneficial.

the morphs needed to be initialised,. and there was a script available to do that, . I think that the function was automated into dim.

Hope it helps :)

• porthos62porthos62 Posts: 48

Thanks for the reply 3DAGE.

If I create a base V4.2 in Carrara, apply morphs++ and elite morphs then most of the time everything work ok.

But some V4 faces 'Sabby Topaz' for example, do not apply, although the 'body' shape does !

If I do the same in Studio which doesn't seem to have any issues and then export the character as a scene file back into Carrara, then the morphs like arms up/down stop working.

I think powerloader is installed - but how do I confirm that ?

:-)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

It depends on whether you're installing prioducts manually or using DIM .

Manuall install,..  should create an "uninstaller"

Use DIM (Daz3D Install Manager)  to check if the powerloaders are installed,. ..

Depending on whether you installed V4 and the morph packs manually,. or by using DIM,. .. it may be worth uninstalling V4 and the morphs , the install again, using DIM,. since DIM should be updating the content database.

I'm not sure what's up with the custom head morph ,. but it's probably related to the other morph issues you're seeing.

I had some issues recently with V4 , M4 and morphs,. freshly installed on a new system, .... installing the powerloaders worked for me.

Hopefully it'll work for you too

• porthos62porthos62 Posts: 48

Ok. Will try that.

I normally have DIM running all the time so all my content  (unless from Renderosity etc) installs automatically.

Some V4 head morphs work perfectly in Carrara, some don't, but body morphs see to be ok - wierd !