Daz3D has 'forgotten' textures in saved scenes.

Recently, Daz seems to have forgotten where most of the textures are in my hundreds of saved scenes and figures.  When loading it will ask for the location of the textures which can become extremelly tedious with big scenes.  I reloaded Daz (4.8) with no change.  I then updated to the latest 4.9 with no change.

My graphics computer is not online and therefore has no antivirus running.  It's win7 64bit.  Every version of Daz (which I've used since the first one was released) has always been rock solid for me. 

Thanks for any help,

Bob

Comments

• Are the textures in a mapped content diectory (one that appears un Daz Studio Formats or Poser Formats)? Have you changed your cntent directory settings, or moved folders?

• bobswrenchbobswrench Posts: 22

Hmmm, I seemed to have solved my own probelm...mostly.  I re-imported all my mapped content directories.  I have a million runtime directories as I own every single Poser item ever made (I've been at this for a long time). I also switched the search views from file to database.  Clicking the content database maintenance button a thousand times also seemed to help.  For good measure I sent both my cats out last night to sacrifice some mice.

It's now working almost perfectly.  I still miss a couple of textures but these are minor and easy to reload.

By the way Richard, I also seemed to have solved the endless 'signing in...signing in...' circle that has plagued me for the past couple of years.  I deleted all Daz cookies and found a way to block the Google analytics tracking super cookie.  My computer was given an enema (figuratively of course) and I signed up with a new account from a new email provider.  I'm not a little flabbergasted that it works.

...aaand, while I've got your attention,  I like to keep an eye on what's going on while I work (I frequently have several Adobe apps, Blender, AND Daz or Poser all going at the same time) and am wonfdering why there are so many copies of 'postgres.exe' going at the same time.  Is this normal?  For poops and giggles I've shut down all but one of them using process Explorer and didn't see a difference.

Thanks Richard,

Bob

• I think you may have been lucky with the log-in thing - I'm pretty sure others have tried similar options without fixing it. Still, luck or the productive application of space-borne nukes, I'm glad it's working now.

Yes, you will see several PostgreSQL processes when it is running so that is normal.