Making a body suit.

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited October 2012 in New Users

I decided as today's lesson I'd try making a complete bodysuit.

I've been able to make a pretty okay body suit. There are a few odd creases and bumps I'm going to need to work out but over all it's not too bad a body suit and will take pretty extreme morphs and only lose structural integrity at the finger tips.

There's something really creepy going on with the eyelashes deforming the face mask which I'd like to know how to get rid of and the feet, head and hands lose structural integrity with certain poses.

Any ideas how I could fix these problems?

whoops.jpg
1280 x 752 - 199K
extreme_morph.jpg
1280 x 752 - 122K
eyes_creepy.jpg
1280 x 752 - 150K
Post edited by ghastlycomic on

Comments

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I also seem to be having some problems with the body suit turning into Venom when I do nothing more than move the figure away from the centre of the screen. It's a cool effect but definitely not what I'm looking for. I did an ERC Freeze but that didn't help at all.

How do I keep my clothing from turning into some sort of odd rubbery liquid?

venom.jpg
    1280 x 752 - 130K
    edited December 1969

It seems to be some sort of issue with the clothing being a full body suit. Here are some stockings cut from the body suit and simply fit to the figure and there are no distortions to them at all in any pose at any co-ordinates away from the zero point.

Weird. I guess the calculations needed to move a full body suit are just a little more than DAZ can handle. Perhaps if I cut the entire suit into its base components it'll work as it should.

stockings.jpg
    1280 x 752 - 80K
    edited December 1969

Hmmm... that seems to be the fix. One single piece body suit is just a little to much for DAZ to handle, but breaking the suit into multiple pieces of wardrobe seems to allow it to function off centre with extreme posing.

Curious.

splits.jpg
    1280 x 752 - 97K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

That's interesting, thanks for sharing.

edited December 1969

Well, I decided to tackle the Body Suit again. This time I got it working both off centre axis AND with extreme body morphing.

The only thing I can think of that I did different this time is when I was running the transfer utility. My first time I selected Projection Template>Body Suit>Tight and this time I selected None.

Curious, but it worked as you can see by the acrobatic pose of an extremely morphed figure.

Now to build a morph to get rid of the ears and the eyelashes and I'll be ready to start spinning some superhero/speedskaters/latex-fetishists, etc.

body_suit_2.jpg
    1280 x 752 - 113K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Nice progress :-)

For whatever it might be worth, I've also noticed that some bodysuits do NOT have 'smoothing' enabled.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited December 1969

The only thing I can think of that I did different this time is when I was running the transfer utility. My first time I selected Projection Template>Body Suit>Tight and this time I selected None.

If your using 4.5.0.114 then there is a good chance using the projection templates caused it, there is a bug in the auto grouping function with some of the templates, which caused distortions and the like, this was fixed in the beta.

By selecting "none" the TU has used the grouping and WM info from Genesis, which is probably the best thing to do with an all over bodysuit.