New PC, Fresh Daz3d Install, Iray Render Blank When GPU Only

This week, we got a new PC in the house and I'm trying to get it all setup. installed Daz3d on it, downloaded products & got everything setup into the box.

Desktop PC details:

Two 1080 Nvidia video cards (linked with SLI) - 16 gigs of ram between them (8 each)

Intel processor / Next gen SSD / 32 gigs ram

Windows 10

However, if I uncheck the CPU box, the renders don't appear - it's just a blank grid image (as if I was rendering a blank scene). If I leave the CPU box checked, sure, it renders but it's far slower than a GPU only render on my machine, which is less powerful by far.

I viewed the log thanks to a tip I read here, and found that there is an entry, "No usable devices..." but, then if I look in the about the computer, and in the Advanced area for renders, it shows there are the 2 GPU's available and I can check / uncheck them as options for rendering in iray.

Sigh. Help appreciated, happy to provide more details, etc - Google'd a lot, read many forum threads and burned 2+ hours banging my head against the wall (aka, rendering and turning it off / on, double checking all updates are installed, etc).

Comments