Genesis Starter Es.

SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,688
edited December 1969 in New Users

Ok, so this is one of those problems that is like a mistery to me...
Every time I install a new item for DAZ, Genesis gets tossed out and everything with it. I need to re-install Genesis started essentials again everytime.
It's a pain so how can I make it stop doing that?
I have the newest version of Daz 4.5 Pro and work on a Windows 7, 64bit machine...

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That's not right, where is your Content folder? The My Library Folder where on your system did you put it?

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,688
    edited October 2012

This is where:
    Users/MyName/MyDocuments/DAZ 3D/Studio/MyLibrary

I am positive that's right, if not, I'm gonna cry (I am halfway installing all my gazzillions of purchases)
    Only Genesis gets tossed, nothing else...

There is a content folder here:
    Users/MyName/MyDocuments/DAZ 3D/Studio/MyLibrary/Content

And one here: (not sure if that's what you mean but it says "content" as wel)
    C:DAZ 3D/Studio4/Daz Built-in Content

EDIT
    Ok, I have some other issue.
    Between my downloads I have TRX files.
    This thread says I need them:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8768/
    But when I try to install it, it says another version is already installed and wants to deinstall it...
    I always choose the DPC file and, if it's there, the accompanying Meta file.
    If there's no DPC file I take the DS file.

So what's up with this TRX file?

I need a drink XX

Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited October 2012

That's right, I'm on a similar System and I do not see this at all. Do you know how to do screen shots? If you do can we see your Content Directory Paths as listed in the Content Directory Manager with it all expanded and maybe a expanded view of the MY Library Folder as seen in a file browser.

EDIT: The trx files are not really needed they are MetaData only, the Main file has MetaData in it as well.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Here it is but it's in Dutch ^^

library.jpg
    1200 x 666 - 233K
    edited December 1969

I just had a thought, Have you checked to see if the CMS has stopped running when your content disappears?

edited December 1969

Let me check!

edited December 1969

Here it is but it's in Dutch ^^
    I see two things, you have a Content and a DAZ Content folder in your My Library Folder. ALL content goes in My Library. Content and DAZ Content are the OLDER content folders.

When You install the path must end with My Library. DS can not read content inside another content folder when it is in My Library.This can be fixed in Win 7 very easy.
    edited October 2012

Even if you use the word "easy" you're making me suspicious ;)
    I read everything I could find about installing different contents and I am very bummep I managed to screw it up anyhow :(
    Enlighten me!

gone.jpg
    814 x 564 - 65K
    Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited December 1969

Oh wait, now I understand what you mean!
    If I am right, I could just toss everything inside those content and the Dazcontent folders inside the library folder.
    Am I correct?

edited December 1969

I'm going to go ask one of the Daz Guru's To look in at this for you. I do not want to make a mistake. I'm not 100% sure what will happen to your MetaData when you fix the ( easy to fix, as I called it Errors). Please give me a few minutes to go hunt on up for you.

edited December 1969

Oh wait, now I understand what you mean!
    If I am right, I could just toss everything inside those content and the Dazcontent folders inside the library folder.
    Am I correct?
    That would be my suggestion But as I just said I'm not sure about the MetaData when you do that.
    edited December 1969

I am going to paint you a pretty flower <3<br /> Thanks in advance!
    And in the meantime, I am not touching ANYTHING at this time ;)

edited December 1969

I just talked with Fixmypcmike, I was close but I missed a thing or two.

Okay, here we go. I think you know how to MERGE those folders into the My Library folder. That needs done.
    After that is done use the Content Library Menu and do a "Remove Orphaned References" and then a "Re-Import Metadata" found in the same menu. Let them run it might take some time to do them.

I was also informed that the trx files can and do contain content. You might wish to install those even if it wishes to Remove the content first, the content will be put back.

Last and most important from now on all installers get pointed to C:Users/MyName/MyDocuments/DAZ 3D/Studio/MyLibrary
    Never let the installer add a folder, always point to this folder and only this folder.

edited December 1969

Ok, the merging has been succesful and I am now installing something again to see what happens next...keep your fingers crossed!

edited December 1969

IT WORKED!!!
    Here, a million tulips!
    I am sooo happy because I spend 3 days just installing and documenting everything...WOOT!

flower-garden-wallpaper-3-751542.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 713K
    edited December 1969

You did the MetaData thing Too right?

edited December 1969

Yup!
    I have been using that before so no problems there ^^

edited December 1969

Let me know if this fixes you. If not I'll get the big guns know.

edited December 1969

So far everything works as intended!
    I did check the content folders because I was very precise at putting everything into MyLibrary folder and it turned out the content folders had only a few items in there.
    Almost done installing my DAZ purchases and then on to my Rendo purchases and some other ones :D
    Thanks again ^^

edited December 1969

Welcome. Sometimes all it takes is a small error to mess up DS. I wish you happy rendering.