'Configuration Error' warning when starting latest daz3d 4.9

After I installed the latest update of 4.9 I get this message (below) every time I open Daz. I haven't as yet detected any problem with Daz's workings but it's a pain getting the nagging warning everytime I start it. Can I turn it off?

'Configuration Error - Configuration of the system has changed. To use content installed using Daz connect, the content owner must re-authenticate.'

Daz-configuaration-warning-01.png
502 x 96 - 8K

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

Hi:

Can you go to the connect menu and login?

• Hi Serene Night, I can connect but I'd prefer to work offline. And I generally don't allow any software under my control, from the Adobe suite to 3ds Max, to connect unless I want them to.

• If you don't connect, and don't download the offline installer packages, but instead install only with DIM (or manually) then you don't need to authenitcate.

• It appears that it may have been something to do with having an item on the 'wish list' of my account. I removed the item from my 'wish list' and now no longer get the error dialogue. I hadn't downloaded anything but as soon as I added it to my 'wish list' theDaz3d software appeared to add it to my local contents, and, I suppose, was waiting for me to pay for it. If I had tried to load it into a scene I presume I would have been given some sort of dialogue about paying for it. Anyone know anything about this?

• If you weren't connected then DS has no way to know anything about your cart or wish lsit - I'm not sure that DS can access your wish list at all, in fact. If you did connect then the error should go away. Essentially this shows if DS thinks there's been a configuration change (hardware or OS change), changed of user account used to launch DS, using an older version of DS and then a new or vice versa where one is before the fix to a particualr bug and the other after (you shouldn't see this switching between the current beta and production builds, though, nor a version or two back before that as I recall).

• From what I can figure, it's seems to be part of this Daz Connect thing; purchasing items through your installed Daz Studio. Obviously, when I have allowed the app to connect sometime in the past it received data about the state of my Daz Account and updates the local content data accordingly. As I said, I assume that if I had attempted to load an item from my content library into a scene it would have asked me if I want to purchase it. The item I'm referring to in this instance was a prop of 'magic wands' that I found when going through my props folder, it had the label 'new' on each picture icon of the set. I didn't realise it was there until I chanced upon it. I remove it from the wish list of my account via a web browser and the next time I open Daz Studio it's not there, even though I'm damn sure I didn't allow the software to connect. Anyway, so far so good, hopefully all fixed.

• DS will not show items you do not own, and will not download metadata for items you do not own. If the wands were appearing in any views (other than the store tab at the bottom of Smart Content possibly, though I think that is unlikely to happen) then you already own that pack; if installed (if DS knows it is installed) it will load when double-clicked, if not you will be prompted to go on-line and download from your account. DS will not ask you to purchase items you do not in fact own - only to download items you own but do not (according to the CMS) have installed.