HU Supersuit on sale bigtime

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thanks Patience55

I didn't really want the Supersuit, but at that price?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I bought it when it first came out ... was worth the price for the shaders alone! Can't go wrong at this price. The shaders work on most anything ;-) Nice white one in the SciFi set if I recall correctly that looks great on certain space ships too.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719
    edited December 1969

Not seeing any sale prices,. must be a PC member special.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

I bought it when it first came out ... was worth the price for the shaders alone! Can't go wrong at this price. The shaders work on most anything ;-) Nice white one in the SciFi set if I recall correctly that looks great on certain space ships too.

Yep agree to that. I think I got it when it was accidentally discounted a bit heavier than the intro sale was supposed to be. They fixed it like 10 minutes after I ordered.

Yeah the shaders are the main value for me at this point. I've used them a lot but I hardly ever use the suit itself. in fact I can't think of a single real render I've used them in. A few test renders but that is all. Not much of a super hero person. The fantasy suits are kind of meh but I can see how useful having all those templates can be if you need to have some filler characters that you don't want to spend a lot of time making unique outfits.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited October 2012

Agreed, the shaders are really a great aspect of the suit products. Anyone looking to get a few good shaders with or without the suit (not get one of the larger bundles), I recommend the Supersuit Troopers http://www.daz3d.com/shop/supersuit-troopers one, currently deeply discounted. Some of the others have more, but personally I like the shaders in that pack a lot, and the presets for the suit are some of the better looking ones. It's a good mix.

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited October 2012

A fair warning to all who buy the Supersuit...

A basic Supersuit comes with the main Supersuit. It's UV's are messed up. The torso, right shoulder and left part of the back share the same UV's, making it impossible to do our own textures.

Check this thread and please add your voices so DAZ will fix this problem. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8677/

I'm trying to bring it to DAZ's attention to fix a broken product.

But don't let this stop you from getting the Supersuit. The MAIN Supersuit (the one you see in promos) works perfectly and the shaders alone are worth it (like everyone else is saying). ;)

Just wanted to give a fair warning to all who are wanting to buy the Supersuit.

Post edited by Knight22179 on
    edited December 1969

Not seeing any sale prices,. must be a PC member special.

Yes it is however one must also be signed in. The forum login and store login are not perfectly co-ordinate.
    And with the various issues happening, thought I'd post it here for those who would wish to know about it in time.

edited December 1969

A fair warning to all who buy the Supersuit...

A basic Supersuit comes with the main Supersuit. It's UV's are messed up. The torso, right shoulder and left part of the back share the same UV's, making it impossible to do our own textures.

Check this thread and please add your voices so DAZ will fix this problem. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8677/

I'm trying to bring it to DAZ's attention to fix a broken product.

But don't let this stop you from getting the Supersuit. The MAIN Supersuit (the one you see in promos) works perfectly and the shaders alone are worth it (like everyone else is saying). ;)

Just wanted to give a fair warning to all who are wanting to buy the Supersuit.

Thank you. I was wondering why that one showed up.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Your welcome. :)

Some great sales going on. Love it. :)

edited December 1969

I took a look at said extra bodysuit. While yes there's definitely an issue with the uvmaps, it does work with some patterns where one would want 'the same' all over ;-)
    I tried out a theory using Hexagon and D/S4 ... works but not well enough as the final solution was too rough at the group edges. Seems to me one can reassign the mat zones in D/S4 but I haven't tried all that out yet. I suspect that would be the easier solution.

I regard the basic suit as an extra bonus, there if you want it ... the main item is the Supersuit and it has LOTS of mat zones! There's a template for it somewhere over at sharecg.com.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,701
    edited December 1969

FYI, it also looks like it's cheaper to buy the individual components, the suit and it 's main texture pack add-ons, rather than the bundle that contains the same. You come out about six bucks ahead buying the items individually?

edited December 1969

That would be Daz Logic :-)

Anyhow I was happy to top off my collection with a couple of sets I didn't have from before.

The other Genesis sports outfit is on sale now too. And one of the sundresses ... and oh yes, mustn't forget, V5's pumps!