Older Morphs to M4/M5 & Genesis

BrotherloboBrotherlobo Posts: 495
edited December 1969 in New Users

Okay...I have an oddball question. I have begun working on a Samurai/Yakuza project and I'm wanting to add the traditional body/arms tattoos.
For example -- the pics 2, 3, 4 & 5 from Way of the Samurai However, most of the tattoos mats/products require older morphs/add ons...example: Jinn for V4 Male Vittorio requires a mod to convert V4 to male. Or Immortal Ronin requires Michael 4 morphs

I have Victora 5, Michael 4 & 5, and several of the Genesis mods. Will the add on v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis solve some of these issues or will I need to go back and pick up each and every mod? Additional, I have run into a problem that one of the products I picked up a few weeks ago requires m4-elite-ethnic-faces -- could I just get the newer ethnicity-for-genesis-bundle and solve that problem?

Thanks...any help/suggestions on this subject would help.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,175
    edited December 1969

The tattoos don't equire the morphs, so if that's what you want just use the textures (as long as they are for fourth generation or later) on your own shape.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

The Textures will load on Genesis, to get the BODY you need all the Morph sets for M4. I do believe with the M4 V4 Legacy shapes the Legacy evo morph shapes and the legacy muscle shapes for Genesis you could make your Genesis look just like that model with some dial spinning.

EDIT: Just READ that, the skin Textures are not part of any of those sets. The tattoo's are part of another character set.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi :)

I have run into a problem that one of the products I picked up a few weeks ago requires m4-elite-ethnic-faces—could I just get the newer ethnicity-for-genesis-bundle and solve that problem?

the product you bought is a "Character", which is a set of (textures plus morphs setting which requires the "M4 Elite ethnic morphs")
    without that morph pack,.. you can still use the textures, and adjust the figure morphs to create you're own character head / body shape.

If you have the genesis ethnic morphs, then you could possibly dial in a similar morph setting to create a "similar" character. to the M4 original.

If you have M4,.. it''s worth getting the Morphs++ pack, Creature creator pack, and Elite and Ethnic pack, as it gives you a really wide range of figure / character shape options.

the same applies to V4

Hope it helps :)

edited December 1969

The only item listed in the original post that has textures for M4 is Jinn the first is a clothing set, and the last a character without Tattoo's. I checked the links.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Jaderail :)

I think it's one that isn't linked to,.. it's just hinted at in that last two lines of the post :)
    possibly ROB M4 Elite..?

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Hi Jaderail :)

I think it's one that isn't linked to,.. it's just hinted at in that last two lines of the post :)
    possibly ROB M4 Elite..?

It's possible, I've seen the texture before just not sure in what set.
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822
    edited October 2012

Jaderail said:
    The only item listed in the original post that has textures for M4 is Jinn the first is a clothing set, and the last a character without Tattoo's. I checked the links.

Jinn's textures are actually for V4 -- he's an old-school V4 Male. If you use his textures on Genesis, you want to be sure to use the Victoria 4 UV set, otherwise things will look very strange indeed.

If you have GenX and want to use Jinn's actual face on Genesis, transfer only his head morph, preferably as a single morph that will then appear in the Generation X/Head/Victoria 4 section of the Shaping parameters. Otherwise, you have to figure out how to get rid of the rest of Victoria. (Using V4 Males with GenX and Genesis is ... quite the adventure, let's say.) Then use the various shaping tabs to create the body you want.

EDIT TO ADD:

Additional, I have run into a problem that one of the products I picked up a few weeks ago requires m4-elite-ethnic-faces -- could I just get the newer ethnicity-for-genesis-bundle and solve that problem?

Possibly. It depends on whether you care about matching the character's actual look. You can definitely use the texture without the character/morphs, as others mentioned.

Below is a test render I did a while ago of the Ethnicity:Asian males heads. Male A, B, and C left-to-right in order, all using the Lee Elite texture on Genesis. I used all three heads at full strength to see what the differences were. The last one in the line is Lee Elite M4 himself (an actual M4, not a GenX transfer, in this case). I'm guessing from context that this is probably the one you bought without having the Elite Ethnic morphs for? Anyway, hope this is useful.

asianmalesABCLeeElite-headsonly.jpg
    927 x 180 - 78K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • BrotherloboBrotherlobo Posts: 495
    edited October 2012

Actually the set I purchased that required the morphs and ethic pack was Lazarus-for-m4 I will have to try some of those tricks but it still might be easier and give me for flexibiltiy to just 'pony up the dough' and get the morphs & ethic packs.
    -- Thanks for the suggestions and quick response

Post edited by Brotherlobo on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Actually the set I purchased that required the morphs and ethic pack was Lazarus-for-m4 I will have to try some of those tricks but it still might be easier and give me for flexibiltiy to just 'pony up the dough' and get the morphs & ethic packs.
    -- Thanks for the suggestions and quick response

With Lazarus for M4 (or any M4, V4, or K4 character) you have a few options:
    1. You can use the skin texture on Genesis without the need for any additional products (you may need to manually change the UV set on the Surfaces tab). Downside: you won't be able to use the morphs/shape without buying extra stuff (see below), but you can play with various morph dials and probably get pretty close, if you wish.
    2. You can purchase all the prerequisites and use the character on M4, as it was originally intended. Downside: not Genesis.
    3. You can purchase all the prerequisites and Genesis Generation X--this will enable you to use the full character on Genesis. Downside: expensive.

Buying things like Ethnicity for Genesis isn't necessary for any of the above options, although it might help with method 1 and dialing a similar shape.

Hope this helps!