Saved Genesis character exploded when opened

BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 249

Suddenly starting yesterday when I opened a saved scene of a character I created with Genesis, the Genesis figure loads "exploded". Anyone have an idea why? The clothes, props, and hair all load normally, just the morphed Genesis character doesn't. Here is a picture of what I mean.

I tried doing a render, but it took too long to do, so instead I hope this screen capture will suffice.

screen_capture_of_exploded_character.jpg
640 x 400 - 37K
Post edited by Boorsman on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Load the Scene file, now Save again. Exit DS then open again, now load the NEW save. It fixes that issue for many users.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Yeah, that fixed it:-) Thank you, Jaderail. I'll bookmark this in case I run into this again and forget what to do, like I sometimes do.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Welcome...

• vip808_e751f31ab6vip808_e751f31ab6 Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

this method doesn't work for me..but has anybody addressed why all of sudden this problem is now occurring? now my genesis characters are UN-pose-able.. they will grossly deform.. i couldn't find anything on how to fix this.. maybe im not inputting the right key words into the search. so if anyone has the fix please post it with a self explaining topic title.. please, i really dont want to spend any more money than i have to, to fix something that used to work just weeks ago

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

vip808 said:
    this method doesn't work for me..but has anybody addressed why all of sudden this problem is now occurring? now my genesis characters are UN-pose-able.. they will grossly deform.. i couldn't find anything on how to fix this.. maybe im not inputting the right key words into the search. so if anyone has the fix please post it with a self explaining topic title.. please, i really dont want to spend any more money than i have to, to fix something that used to work just weeks ago

We need some more info...what OS are you running? Machine specs? Video card?

Have you done any updates (OS, drivers or DS)?

Installed any content since it worked?

Does it happen if you create and save a new scene? or just older saved scenes?

If just older, is there a 'cut off date'...like scenes made after two weeks ago are fine, but those before 'blow up'? or is it any scene that was saved before the current session?

Can you reopen a scene that you just saved?

• vip808_e751f31ab6vip808_e751f31ab6 Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

Mac OS X Ver. 10.7.5
    Processor 2.2 GHZ Intel Corei7
    Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB

Daz Studio 4.5 Ver. 4.5.1.6 Pro Edition (64-bit)

I did try to update everything after the problems started occurring (i.e. reinstalled Daz, Genesis starter kit, morphs, contents..) i usually use only V4 and M4 characters cuz im still a noob.. but i wanted to make a character of myself so i started using genesis.. i have invested beau coup dollars and time but i'm glad its only effecting my genesis characters in my scenes..
    i'm still hoping to get it back to how it was a few weeks back.. i don't want to steal this guys post but im still trying to learn how to navigate around the forums.. i posted pics of whats happening to my character on this post:
    4.5 is killing all of my old scenes