Genesis Morph Via Transfer Utility & Feet bending

3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have found that if I make a morph for Genesis, from V4, using the Transfer Utility (using the v4 clone), even if its only a head morph or torso...that the resulting morph that gets transferred to Genesis always morphs the feet as well. (i.e. they bend up and twist in a little, and perhaps a little something with the calves)

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any thoughts?

The problem is that if I make 3 morphs, such aas a head, ears and body...when I dial them all in, the feet really go whacko! (since they are stacking)

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

Every morph for Genesis is a Full Body Morph (FBM), as a result every morph has to be made from the default shape, or reverse deformed if built using other peoples morphs.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited December 1969

Reverse Deformed...? Not sure what that is, but I am using V4, converted to TriAx WM, with a OBJ morph-loaded, and then using the Transfer Utility from V4 to Genesis (V4 Clone)

I thought the point of the V4 Clone is to address these differences between V4 and Genesis when transferring a morph?

edited December 1969

Look I can remove the posing issue with the Genesis V4 Pose Adjust script on ShareCG, but it still "lengthens" the foot...argh. There is no pose adjustment for foot length that I know of?

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited October 2012

3doutlaw said:
    Reverse Deformed...? Not sure what that is, but I am using V4, converted to TriAx WM, with a OBJ morph-loaded, and then using the Transfer Utility from V4 to Genesis (V4 Clone)

I thought the point of the V4 Clone is to address these differences between V4 and Genesis when transferring a morph?

No, the clone is used in the aid of converting clothes. At best you use the transfer tool to transfer head morphs, not body morphs, because they generally don't mix well with other Genesis morphs. If you need the body morphs, use GenX because that transfers body morphs in a way that can be mixed with other Genesis morphs.

Also V4 is slightly larger than the genesis shape... so the foot lengthening is the direct result of V4 being projected on to genesis... size and all.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited December 1969

This is a head morph...the point/problem is, it affects the body. I am not convinced I am not missing something trivial for this. I tried morphing Genesis and saving out as OBJ and then bringing that back in via MorphLoader Pro, but I get a wrong Geometry issue. I turned off subdivision to zero, and still same issue. Very aggravating...

In any case...I added GenX to my Wishlist. I just missed it at 50% off during the PA sale, but unfortunately, I was not aware that the Genesis/Poser stuff was coming out, so there was no reason to purchase. Now we need a "Welcome Poser Users" here is Genesis Core stuff at 50% off again, sale! ;-P

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

In the Transfer Utility > Options (show/hide button) > 'Reverse Source Shape from Target' should get you the "Reverse Deformed" you need,

edited December 1969

I appreciate it, but I am not sure what steps I should use that in? I just checked it when I transferred the morphs (#11 below) but no dice. I can say in step 9 below, V4's feet bend up, but I clear that by Zero Pose. After that, at Step 13, the Morph I transferred lengthen and morph Genesis feet in a similar way. That is what I am trying to avoid. Here is the process I use:

1) Load A3/v3/v4/a4/etc.
    2) Zero Pose
    3) Inject desired Character face/body Injection
    4) Export as OBJ
    5) File -> New
    6) Load A3/v3/v4/a4/etc.
    7) Convert A3/v3/v4/a4/etc. to TriAx WM (do this first to get a single dial, its under like Edit->Rigging)
    8 ) Edit->Figure->Morphloader Pro -> OBJ (created in #4)
    9) Dial in Character morph(which was created in prev step)
    10) Load Genesis
    11) Run Figure Transfer Utility
    - source=[Figure Loaded in #6-9] (use default), target=Genesis (Clone->matching figure), show options, under morph targets, check source morphs...then un-check fit to source figure (you can pretty much uncheck everything else as well)
    13) When complete, Dial In the new Imported morph in Genesis
    14) File -> Save As -> Support Asset -> Morph Asset(s); making sure to check only the new morph and any other required morphs done in #14
    15) Reload Genesis and the Morphs should be there