V4 Morphing Fantasy Dress Usage Questions

White RabbitWhite Rabbit Posts: 231
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi there,

I recently bought the V4 Morphing Fantasy Dress and I am having problems getting it to stay attached to V4.2?. I read the read me files for the products but I am still having issues. Here's what I tried:

1. loaded V4.2 from Poser Libraries>Figures>DAZ People just accepting the default Morphs when it loads up.

2. Then with V4.2 selected, I fit the Morphing Fantasy Dress by double clicking on it, and merging it into the scene from Figures>V4 Morphing Clothes.

The result looks good with V4.2 in the MFD but when I try moving the figure or changing the pose, the two become separated? The dress gets left behind, or V4.2 gets left behind? Aahhhhhhhh, I have tried everything including the Magnets based on the Read me information but to no avail?

Is the only option to parent the hip of each item together? Then some how copy the pose to each parented item? I have no idea how to do that? Do the Magnets not work with MFD? How many different types of clothes are there in DAZ?

I would appreciate any help.... please, please!!!

I just use DAZ Studio 4.5

Thanks,
:-(

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No, when you load the Dress (1) be sure V4 is selected when you load the Dress. Then (2) select the Dress in the Scene tab and look in the Parameters Tab to be sure the Dress is FIT TO V4. When (if) you add add on's to the Dress (MFD expansions) be sure the Dress is Selected before you load any Add on's.

Note: The V4 legs do and can Poke through in many poses, Look for Morphs in the Dress (also in Parameters when selected) to help with this issue.

• White RabbitWhite Rabbit Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Wow, thanks so much! :-)

That worked perfectly. I was also thinking of getting the Genesis MFD but I'm not sure if it offers me any benefit? Most of my content is for V3 and V4 so I guess I would need more that just the free Genesis figure supplied with DAZ 4.5?

Thanks again!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

mtrappett said:
    Wow, thanks so much! :-)

That worked perfectly. I was also thinking of getting the Genesis MFD but I'm not sure if it offers me any benefit? Most of my content is for V3 and V4 so I guess I would need more that just the free Genesis figure supplied with DAZ 4.5?

Thanks again!

It would not help for V4 or V3 but it does work much better on Genesis than the V4 MFD does. Auto fit has issues with long dresses. Tip: All V4 MFD textures work on the Genesis version, I have many from ShareCG and they all work.
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The free Genesis comes with several skin options, clothing and hair, but it only works in DS4 and above (or Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 now) It can also use V4, K4 and M4 skin maps, and the Autofit plugin (part of DS4) allows Gen 4 clothing to be used as well.