The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I need to clean up my night stand.

I hope my ear heals up pretty soon. Doc said it was infected.

I need to clean my house... I'm too lazy atm :-/

Also need to clean my computer too... both virtually and physically! But I need a can of compressed air. I think the air compressor would be to strong for a hard drive. :-P

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Also need to clean my computer too... both virtually and physically! But I need a can of compressed air. I think the air compressor would be to strong for a hard drive. :-P
    I have the opposite problem, I bought a 12volt cigarrette plug mains adapter to use with my tyre inflator indoors but it is too weak to blow out my computer, well at least I can use it to inflate stuff.
    Those cans expensive, blew mine out last week again, 3 cats, I need to.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

This is interesting fibre hair by Neftis, nice curls are hard

Fibre.jpg
    685 x 792 - 53K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112
    edited December 1969

When does Daz open today? I want to call them to ask a question.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Perhaps Hal wouldn't have been so mean if someone had blown some air on the hard drives and 2001 would have had a happy ending. Compressed air shouldn't damage a drive, they are sealed tight. I wouldn't use anything with an electric motor close to a circuit board tho :)

edited December 1969

It is a little after midnight here :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Did you just visit my Dragon Cave scroll? I just got an egg and tried the Vamp bite on it and it turned into a vamp egg. I have been killing so many eggs with the bite but I have been getting some vamps.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Did you just visit my Dragon Cave scroll? I just got an egg and tried the Vamp bite on it and it turned into a vamp egg. I have been killing so many eggs with the bite but I have been getting some vamps.

Yo. Hopes I clickied everything I should have?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

all living and growing eggs have been clicked so it looks like you did. Thanks!

edited December 1969

well my dad has an air compressor in his shed... but it's pretty strong, so I not sure if it's a good option :S I may ask him and see what he thinks. I didn't know compressed air cans were so expensive... Wendy, how much are they?

I haven't used compressed air to clean my PC... It's like four years old so I'm thinking it needs to be done LMAO - I do however use the vacuum to clean the exterior and always wipe it down aswell.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

May I ask what the render times are like with this hairstyle? I use a few short hairstyles (Good are hard to come by) and they aren't fiber mesh, and are quite long to render.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:

May I ask what the render times are like with this hairstyle? I use a few short hairstyles (Good are hard to come by) and they aren't fiber mesh, and are quite long to render.

Two minutes 1500x1000. 24 cores @2.7 GHz, looks like it used 3Gig RAM during the render.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

all living and growing eggs have been clicked so it looks like you did. Thanks!

Good fun :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:

Two minutes 1500x1000. 24 cores @2.7 GHz, looks like it used 3Gig RAM during the render.

Well that sounds significantly lower than standard short hair! To render the hair in my avy, it takes average of 10-15 mins for standard quality 4 settings at 800x800px

edited November 2012

It looks like hair is beginning to go the fiber mesh way. It looks quite good. Just wish a style that I need is not to far away in the future :)

Considering making a request to the PA that makes this hair... But I not sure if it's rude to make a request to them. I've never requested something before. :S

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

DS has dynamic hair now?

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:

Well that sounds significantly lower than standard short hair! To render the hair in my avy, it takes average of 10-15 mins for standard quality 4 settings at 800x800px

This is a very fat mac so not really a fair comparison with the average pc. The hair comes with a warning about render times and ram usage, From experience with Sasquatch and other fibre doodads as a rule of thumb fibre is going to take longer than painted transmaps to render at quality cos there is more highlight and shadow to calculate from each strand.

edited November 2012

DS has dynamic hair now?

*waves* Is way past bedtime here but 2001 is on TV and can't resist those black monoliths ya know.

Talking 'bout new Neftis, fibre based http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/guillaume-hair-for-genesis-and-m4

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

DS has dynamic hair now?

Not that I'm aware of. Daz is stuck with Opitex, and they rarely seem to improve dynamics, and dont appear interested in hair :(

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:

This is a very fat mac so not really a fair comparison with the average pc. The hair comes with a warning about render times and ram usage, From experience with Sasquatch and other fibre doodads as a rule of thumb fibre is going to take longer than painted transmaps to render at quality cos there is more highlight and shadow to calculate from each strand.

Oh I see what you mean... I'm not much knowledgeable with computer specs lol

edited December 1969

remember the scene in Zoolander, they can't figure out how to turn on the Mac and they start de-evolving into cavemen?
    it was worth watching the movie just for that scene. :lol:

edited December 1969

gahhh lost typing login/logout debacle fiascoes. grrrr grrr mrwrrr mffft

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Non-complaint: managed to actually turn my story in to our teacher.

Non-complaint #2: I CAN HAZ REALITY 2.

edited December 1969

I have nothing to do today, but a lot of things I want to do. I want to install all my new content and also download that new PC item which I got for my Genesis males. Before I download that I want to reset some items for my holiday stuff for my holiday themed renders.
    I also want to read the book I got from Walmart. I also want to read a library book. I want to write some. I want to read my kindle books. and so on.

edited December 1969

I'm going to sleep and when I wake up I'm going to sleep some more :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Non-complaint: managed to actually turn my story in to our teacher.

Non-complaint #2: I CAN HAZ REALITY 2.

Are you getting reality2??? - I'm a little hesitant, cos there are no comparison renders between 3delight and Reality2

edited December 1969

Is it bad to have bisexual or omnisexual characters in my story? I am not trying to promote it or discourage it. I am not doing it to be political correct or something. The only PC things I am are PC member and PC user.

edited December 1969

COMPLAINT: Renderosity changed their categories again!!! Now it's even more harder to search!

edited December 1969

I like True Blood partly due to the fact it has so many hot guys.

edited December 1969

Is it bad to have bisexual or omnisexual characters in my story? I am not trying to promote it or discourage it. I am not doing it to be political correct or something. The only PC things I am are PC member and PC user.

There is nothing wrong with having characters from a particular sexuality. It's realistic and open minded. Exactly what writers should be. Having a bisexual or any other sexuality character is certainly not promoting or discouraging it. You shouldn't think that :) You write and create what you want to... not what or how anyone else says you should.

This discussion has been closed.