Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• lain105 said:

In the portrait of his side tattoo, what's the hair and beard? Sorry if someone already asked and I missed it, I'm on my phone.

As I said to my friend  "oh. Oh my."

the first boy fig I've seen who made my heart go thump 

Why, thank you!  The hair is Ajax, the beard Whiskers.

• lain105 said:

In the portrait of his side tattoo, what's the hair and beard? Sorry if someone already asked and I missed it, I'm on my phone.

As I said to my friend  "oh. Oh my."

the first boy fig I've seen who made my heart go thump 

Why, thank you!  The hair is Ajax, the beard Whiskers.

Well then, those are going into my wishlist! Hope there's a sale on them when this lovely boy drops :D

• I was very pleased to see Damen in the store today.  Unfortunately, I'm trying to sort out a ticket with CS on another purchase.  Once I get that sorted, I'll be getting Damen. Hopefully, later tonight. I'm looking forward to playing with him.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thanks for letting us know what you used on Damen's promos. Always helpful!

damen promo list.JPG
    435 x 309 - 37K
  • Very welcome!

edited November 2016

Ooh, Damen's up at the top again! He really stands out. Hope you're getting some great sales!

damen3.JPG
    520 x 378 - 47K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited November 2016

Update: Nearly fixed the seams on his head, have the limbs and genitals to fix, and his nails are too orange- but so far- here's a new portrait.  Used Ajax hair with UHT2 hair settings and a mesh goatee over his base skin.  Second material gloss setting with a lower range.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Llynara said:

Ooh, Damen's up at the top again! He really stands out. Hope you're getting some great sales!

Llynara said:

Nice!!  Yes, he's selling better than the others so far. I'm VERY pleased!

edited November 2016

Sigh. He really looks amazing. Please keep us posted when he gets ready to hit the store. I think he'll sell just as well as Damen, maybe even better. He's one of the best G3Ms I've seen. I've already got some neat character ideas for him (nothing to do with giant worms, I promise, LOL)

edited November 2016

Modern Day Pirate- which I'm going to re-render after fixing things.

edited November 2016

Updated!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,919

woha! very cool work with that coat moved back and the genre mixup!

• Thank you!  Got the idea from the model I used for the feel of his face and his portfolio.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Can you say Johnny Depp eat your heart out!! There is a new Pirate in town and he is much cuter than you!!!!

Drools so much I have to get a bucket and a mop!!!

• I just saw this in the Raining Men contest thread!  Wow!  Looking very good, DM!

• Thank you, both!  I do appreciate it a great deal.  Now, if my promos would just cooperate... 

• *Drools* He looks great as a pirate! 

• Thank you!  I'm going to try different genres in his promos to show his versitility as well as different lighting to show how his skin reacts to them as well. ;) 

edited November 2016

He looks really good as a pirate. Great idea to try different genres and lighting. I think he'd make an awesome genie...wink

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Looks really good as a pirate...

I think that ia a great idea to show how versitile he really is.........I mean we all seen enough of men in tights and well skimpy speedos haven't we????

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited November 2016

Okay ladies, as fast as you can hitch a horse to a carriage, get to town and get arrested by this awesome sheriff! Yes, it's Parker, coming soon. I'll put the products over in my thread, as usual. Rendering more Parker and will post soon, going to turn him around and give you some different angles. Back in awhile.  D.M and I are coordinating to give you that versatility, and I wanted Western! (Hey, I have a horse, remember...) 

Edit: This is how good he looks with just simple Sun/Sky! (Iray)

parkerSheriff1.jpg
    666 x 876 - 555K
    Post edited by Novica on

OMGGGGGGG!!!!! I am panting hard here....... I ran right over to get a glimps of this amazingly studly Sheriff!!!! If he Sheriff of my town I would be doing bad things a lotdevil

Oh heavens, wait until you see the one rendering now. Hat is off, using a different hair, and giving you a closer look at the face. This dude looks great from all angles, and you'll love the ability to choose different eyebrows. (For these, I'm using the same ones.)  The eyebrows do look very realistic because they aren't symmetrical.

Back in about 10 minutes.

edited November 2016

Novica, you and Darwin are going to give the rest of us heart attacks! And yes, Parker looks great as a cowboy!

edited November 2016

Looks great, and thank you for that! XD  Well, this was the Genie idea- sorta..

and ...I dunno what this is.  lol 

edited November 2016

Well, then he'll have to do the next render for you as a doctor, lol! Here's Parker with Dax Hair. (Cinnamon, Slosh's hair shader, matches these eyebrows. I used high shine also.)

I'm sticking with the simple Sun-Sky, as we test different lights.(Not everyone can afford a lot of light sets, everyone has Sun-Sky.)

I may try the Dumor Apocalyptic lights to see how that does with the Western town.

parkerSheriff2.jpg
    715 x 930 - 597K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2016

Ooh, wow! He looks kind of like a gypsy, Darwin! Very sexeh! And a wonderful way to show off his tats. Punk also looks pretty good, and so does the Dax hair.

Novica, if he looks that great under Sun/Sky, imagine the fun to be had with more dramatic light sets and tonal rage type of stuff. And maybe the Iray Rain. He probably looks pretty good wet and possibly shipwrecked. (Can't tell I'm a mean author, can you? I like to torture my people.)

I can't wait to bring him home! I still have more renders to do with Damen. He needs to fight the worm battles on two planets plus prance around as an elf, but the weekend got away from me. I was busy chasing little superheroes who refuse to wear pants. Seems to be a recurring theme!

• Oh wow the diversity of Parker is awesome.

He is one steamy hot character except  and  I think my temperature just got a lot higher :P 

edited November 2016

Very nice, Novica!  I do like that hair, but never did pick it up.  Can't wait to see the doctor version of him. :)

Thank you, both!  Still working on promos, and the last one just wasn't cutting it-so I won't be using it. I can, however, post it anyway. lol  Don't know why it went to blasted grainy and craptastic, but in any case-there ya go.  A crappy render of Parker. 

This discussion has been closed.