Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Oh pfft. How can he possibly look bad? 

As far as the graininess goes, I'm fairly new to Iray and get that when I have a lot of light and max out the default render time. I've had to set it to a very high number to get things to render as they should. The book cover I'm working on has the Epic Lens Flare, which adds a lot of light. Had to render that puppy for about 13 hours the first time. Strangely, only 8 the second time. No idea why. I press buttons and try stuff and have a lot of happy accidents right now.

• I used DA Real World Lighting and Promo Style Catch Lights for that scene, but I think the render settings with the bloom and tone mapping really mucked up the lighting set up.  I should have, with that scene, used the real world lighting only, I think.

Working on the front/back view render of him atm.  Then I'll be rendering his skin settings and brow options, then onto a few scenes with different light rigs to show how his skin reacts with no tweaking to each.  ;)  I'll post those when they're done.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited November 2016

Here's with Dumor's Apocalyptic lights. Parker is a quick thinker, caught in action trying to pull his girlfriend back from whatever is in the water. (I had a Water Moccasin in mind.)

He is an excellent "every day dude." It's difficult to light Uma because her skin is rather dull, I really upped the glossy on the skin. Her skin tone is quite a bit on the brown/green side and dark, whereas Parker is more tan/ruddy, so I struck a balance in the lighting.

"What is that?" 

parkerrainforestFINAL.jpg
    564 x 800 - 487K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • lol- no time to be curious, get out of the water!

Nice one, Novica. :) Thank you!

You know, if he's coming out before Christmas, you might want to consider a holiday-themed render. I'm sure he'd look cute in a santa hat, sitting under the Christmas tree (or on a beach somewhere.) I bet he'd sell like hotcakes. Just sayin'!

• Llynara said:

You know, if he's coming out before Christmas, you might want to consider a holiday-themed render. I'm sure he'd look cute in a santa hat, sitting under the Christmas tree (or on a beach somewhere.) I bet he'd sell like hotcakes. Just sayin'!

Hmm, yeah, a santa hat and not much else would be my preference.  :)  Could be very hot!

edited November 2016

Santa under a palm tree! A holiday getaway with Parker. He could be holding a sign, "The naughty list starts here!"

Post edited by Llynara on

Off topic, but I had to giggle- at Petsmart on Black Friday, they had Lump of Coal dog treats that were "dark chocolate" looking. I know a few mutts who would qualify. (Looking down at my Pekingese staring up oh-so-innocently.)  

Ha ha! Now that's good marketing! Did you bring any home?

Llynara said:

Ha ha! Now that's good marketing! Did you bring any home?

Um, no. I bought snowball toys they only have once a year. I did buy (no kidding) Chicken Poop lip balm as a gag-gift for the barn owner who also has chickens. Now there's an idea- Parker in denim overalls- the suspender kind- without a shirt of course. Does G2M or G3M even have those?

edited December 2016

LOL! I have chickens, and that does make a good gift. I see some overalls for G2F and G3F. I'm sure there are some for the guys, maybe I'm not using the right key word: 

http://www.daz3d.com/stylish-overall-for-genesis-3-female-s

http://www.daz3d.com/casual-wear-overall-for-genesis-2-females

And just as OT, but related to all the jokes about lack of pants, someone posted this on my Facebook wall today. It's very timely at the moment. I think it applies to artists as well as parents:

pants.jpg
    480 x 448 - 18K
    edited December 2016

Aha! Here they are. Overalls for everyone! https://www.daz3d.com/on-the-farm-for-genesis

And apparently, I had them on my wishlist, LOL

• lol- dunno about overalls, but I did put together a Christmas themed render. ;)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

okies...... stomps foot where is it???

I wanna see some sexy santa Parker!!!!

Falls on the ground and kicks and screams "I wanna see Santa (Parker)!!!"

• lol- well, that ain't gonna help the render go quicker, and I hadta cancel the last one because of  lighiing issues.............sooooooooooooo...after work!

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited December 2016

I'll give a preview of the cooking render........;)  It's only been baking for about 20 minutes, so the final will be posted after I get home tonight.

Post edited by Chohole on

Ha ha! That's great!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

See it helped a little we got to have a sneak peek and wow drooling already lolz

• Hmm, looks good so far.  Looking forward to seeing the final image.  Of course curious minds want to know, is that hat all he's wearing?  ;)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I don't think really think he need pants myself...

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited December 2016

LOL- had to go with the TOS...and since there were issues on this one, I won't use it as a promo. Still- here it is.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2016

Ooh, baby! I really want him under my....tree!

LOL, sorry, being bad tonight! Time to go render something!

• LOL- go render!  I'm doing the main promo now...then I can submit him.

• I suppose it would be bad to go against TOS.  I'll guess I'll live.  I do have a good imagination, though.  :)

• lol

wow-the main promo has hit over seven hours and still at 1%.  O.o Yargh.

• Wow he can come give me a gift anytime (preferably himself and I'll gladly unwrap him)  :P 

Whoa 7 hours and only 1 % that's a lot O_o

• Yeah- I think the total render time went to 14 hours.  Oi.

• Yeah- I think the total render time went to 14 hours.  Oi.

Welcome to the club!  Been there, done that!  :)

edited December 2016

Shower, anyone? Lakeside Folly turned into a seaside shower pavilion. The first image is 1200 pixels in height if you want to click for a closeup. The skin is not the default, I used the Wet and Tanned Skin product. He could use a bit of bump, but thought I'd share anyway.

Post edited by Novica on

Very nice, Novica! Is that the Iray Rain? Parker does look good wet! But when does he not look good?

This discussion has been closed.