Need Starship/SciFi uniforms form G3F/M

Those of us who want to do SciFi really need good Starship/Scifi uniforms tha aren't armour or a combat suit.  I have a story line I am thinking about using some of the Anteries ship modules but cant seem to find any good uniforms for G3M other than some type of body armor..  Some stuff is suitable for G3F (Eclipse Outfit, Delta Dress, Scifi Body Suit).  Didn't really want to just do textures for the G3M & F Body Suites because they don't appear natural to me.  Looking for Enterprise Era style uniforms or uniforms you would see on The Expanse, etc or even modern Navy uniforms would work.  I know there are people who want G3F/M Star Trek TOS, TNG, DS9, & Voyager as well as Starwars Stye (Empire & Rebel) uniforms too.  The market is out there if someone cah just create the products.

Thanks In Advance

Comments

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528
    edited January 2017

With you on this. :) 

Would like to see something like Starship Crew for MOS Invasion, which is for M4 or The New Adventure for V4. 

Oh, for G2 check out: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/vendor/NVent3d

Post edited by TraceSL on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600

I'd like G3 uniforms but not those which look like knockoffs of trek or Star Wars personally. But. Agree we could certainly use more.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

There are some existing products, but I think it would be nice to see a uniform set that is, well, uniform for both male and female, with _lots_ of standardized or standardizable options for colors (service branch), style, trim in various places (shoulders, wrists, collars), and assorted hardware (hand weapon, insignia pins, etc).  All made for G3.

• NVent3dNVent3d Posts: 113

Hey guys I am starting to work on some Sci Fi stuff for G3.  give me some ideas of what you might want in a uniform line and I will see what I can come up with.

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 578

I'm more interested in near future sci-fi. I'd love a realistic flight suit. You know, something suitable for zero-G. A couple of good prototype pressure suits would be cool as well. 

• Esemwy said:

I'm more interested in near future sci-fi. I'd love a realistic flight suit. You know, something suitable for zero-G. A couple of good prototype pressure suits would be cool as well. 

Omg yes someone make a really detailed and morphable flight suit :D

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528
    NVent3d said:

Hey guys I am starting to work on some Sci Fi stuff for G3.  give me some ideas of what you might want in a uniform line and I will see what I can come up with.

Steampunk / pulp gothic like in this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/130451/steampunk-pulp-gothic-space-suit#latest

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336

The MOS invasion is FANTASTIC, and I consider it the perfect starship uniform,  but I have yet to get it to work on a Gen 3 figure, and I haven't found anyone who has made a similar styled (practical) uniform like the MOS invasion since. 

So a duty uniform, a pilot's jumpsuit and an environmental suit from a not too distant future?

edited February 2017
    NVent3d said:

So a duty uniform, a pilot's jumpsuit and an environmental suit from a not too distant future?

That's about it, but above all FUNCTIONAL.  We've got enough skimpwear, and some of us want to create some serious SF art.

Post edited by nelsonsmith on
  • I am hoping for something similar to http://www.daz3d.com/war-hammer  or  http://www.daz3d.com/starship-crew-for-mos-invasion  Need the uniforms for both G3M & G3F  Or something along the lines of the Space Defenders uniforms http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Space+Defenders  by EvilInnocence & RuntimeDNA.  As I said earlier, even Navy submarinner uniforms would be nice as they would work for Starship .uniforms.  Flightsuits/jumpsuits similar to the Enterprise Era Jumpsuit uniforms or the jumpsuit uniforms in "The Expanse" will also work especially for early era space/star travel.  There are some good G3 pressure/enviornmental suits in the shop but we can always use more.

Thank you NVent3d for taking this on.

I have some of the Antares Sci Fi ship interior modules and will be getting more soon.  Also starting to pick up some of nEO's Crew of: Anrares pose sets.  My crew just need clothes... (except for in the barracks, need those crew members in various stages of undress) :-)

NVent3d said:

That's about it, but above all FUNCTIONAL.  We've got enough skimpwear, and some of us want to create some serious SF art.

I don't really do skimp wear.  

• I'm a huge sci-fi fan and would like to see more realistic clothing. I agree with other posts here, there's a lot of the sexualized futuristic clothing already. For those who want to do serious sci-fi art or stories, more realistic items would certainly be appreciated.

As far as the basic uniform goes, what would be more realistic in your views?

Would it be more reboot battlestar galactica

Babylon 5
     or more like modern airforce?

Personally I like military niforms that take cues from existing military uniforms of the real world whether past or present.  But sci-fi cover artists and concept artists have come up with tons of very good military uniforms.

starun.jpg
    400 x 552 - 44K
    honor.jpg
    595 x 842 - 182K
  • NVent3d said:

Babylon 5

The Expanse is also a good place to look.

151210_2952349_inside_the_expanse__episode_3_1100x620_583838787563.jpg
    721 x 598 - 184K
    NVent3d said:

Babylon 5

The Expanse is also a good place to look.

The martian uniforms are pretty slick, and i love those books.

edited February 2017
    NVent3d said:

Babylon 5

Between the two the BSG reboot beats Babylon 5 hands down as far as realism.  It would be quite easy to imagine a future military man/woman wearing some ot the uniforms from the show, whereas now 20 years later Babylon tends to look more like cos-play.

cmd.png
    480 x 480 - 260K
    b5_season_2_1.jpg
    480 x 640 - 65K
  • NVent3d said:

Babylon 5

The Galactica uniforms are fantastic.

• Battle Star Galactia 2nd series style uniforms or Expanse style uniforms would be great. BSG 2nd series style uniforms also fit into my possible story line of using FTL Jump Drives. Uniforms from the Wing Commander movie would also work too. Need working uniforms, not dress uniforms.

here is a quick version of what i have in mind for a duty uniform.  please comment and let me know what you feel works and what doesn't.

sci fi uni rough sketch.png
    1500 x 1500 - 743K
    edited February 2017
    NVent3d said:

here is a quick version of what i have in mind for a duty uniform.  please comment and let me know what you feel works and what doesn't.

Works for me.  Looks practical with a futuristic flavor.  There really hasn't been anything similar since the Michael 3 days and the MOS Invasion, so it's past time.

As far as rank, do you prefer sleeve stripes, pins a mix or both?

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    edited February 2017
    NVent3d said:

For dress uniforms, sewn-on stripes.

For duty/combat, badges, pins and sleevelets (unsure that is the name. The attachment shows a sleeve addon to which I refer). It would be nice if there was a template for us to modify unit, rank, specialty, etc

Nice to have:

• Camo patterns (even if unlike current) for combat uniforms.
    • Webbing and equipment belts conformed to the outermost piece of clothing (one current PA example has a belt with kit, but only useful if not wearing the jacket). 
    • Holsters, sheaths, and slings. Even if you pick a 3rd-party weapon to use.

Mil_Uniform_Example.jpg
    600 x 800 - 101K
    Post edited by Etrigan on
  • NVent3d said:

Shoulder boards and/or collar pips. Need to be editable for rank.
  • DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 358
    NVent3d said:

I LIKE it!

• DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 358
    NVent3d said:

Both IMO.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

Heh... I'm using retextured Delivery Driver for Genesis uniforms for utility Naval uniforms,
    and retextured Japanese School Uniforms for Boys as their dress uniforms.

Geometry Editor lets me pick out polygons to recolor as rank and service insignia.

I would prefer many options for rank and service badges, collar insignia for rank/specialty,
    shoulder patches for unit designation, sleeve stripes for longevity, and customizable name/service tabs.

And pockets...

And yes, will you PLEASE make a morphing rifle sling? And equipment carriers? I think that PAs expect
    people to carry everything around all day in their hands, or something.

• adam_graggadam_gragg Posts: 141
    NVent3d said:

I may be a little late to the party, but I have a few suggestions.

I don't have a lot of reference other than the suggestions about the Battlestar Galactica and Babylon 5 uniforms are a great idea.  Have a naval inspired uniform would be absolutely perfect, not to mention a great companion product to the Insterstellar series.

The Space Defenders series for Generation 4 is actually not too bad.  The thing that works great with those, is that there is SO much versatility style for both male and female characters as seen here...

https://www.daz3d.com/space-defenders-earth-force-command-v4-bundle

Sadly, when you fit the clothing on Generation 7 (Genesis 3) it doesn't go very well.  If I might suggest the following versions...

High Ranking Admiral uniform overcoat for both male and female

Officer Uniform male and female, female has a skirt option with different boot options or possibly high heels, maybe a bare mid-drift

Medical specific uniforms for both males and females

Enlisted male and female uniforms

Casual uniform variants (mini-skirts, short sleeve shirts, tee-shirts, male kilt options... THAT would get attention)

and YES to ranks... Multiple rank options would be FANTASTIC. 

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,933
    edited April 2017

https://www.daz3d.com/space-defenders-earth-force-command-v4-bundle

Sadly, when you fit the clothing on Generation 7 (Genesis 3) it doesn't go very well.  If I might suggest the following versions...

Hmmmmm.... are you fitting them using one of the Wear Them All shape cloners, or by some other technique? (I don't have any of the Wear Them All products but have been eyeing them lately.)

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on