Josh Crockett Suggestion Page for Monster Characters!

Comments

• Hersh's last lizard character added to my lizardman army but could do with a frogman (slann) with sharp teeth to lead them , need a skaven army (ratmen) oh and various chaos beasts/humanoids those you can really go wild with 

Image result for warhammer lizardman

• I have a question about your characters and if anyone else here can answer this, now obviously clown has to be clothed but what about the monsters/demons and aliens. In a lot of classic scifi and grey aliens and their kind they are always shown unclothed as they are sexless and in some themes the "skin" is actually their clothing like a body stocking so if I or anyone did a render of them like this would we get into trouble? Also your female alien even more so other than her chest bumps there are no nipples or anything so same again there. And again same with your monsters/demons. All of these are shown in Josh Crockett's promos front on unclothed and shows they are basicly sexless not sure how plague wolf would go though but think it also depends what mod is going through galleries at the time as I had two test images of male characters testing other hd morphs on them that were removed because they were wearing only the underwear from Vinnuth Kriegor Battle Mega Armor and topless  again these were male characters. Which also makes me wonder about the male horses/male centaurs what to do there can hide behind leg sometimes but some poses you can't. So anyway while in some scifi/horror/fantasy scenes you may yes add clothing and fit the scene in others a lot of others it just would not look right so opinions are these all ok safe to do minus clothing or what again some gallery mods may look at things differently 

• I have a question about your characters and if anyone else here can answer this, now obviously clown has to be clothed but what about the monsters/demons and aliens. In a lot of classic scifi and grey aliens and their kind they are always shown unclothed as they are sexless and in some themes the "skin" is actually their clothing like a body stocking so if I or anyone did a render of them like this would we get into trouble? Also your female alien even more so other than her chest bumps there are no nipples or anything so same again there. And again same with your monsters/demons. 

TraceSL said:

Blood Bowl a table top game comes to mind, mutants, monsters, orc, goblins, undead, elves, dwarves, etc.. playing a ruggby/football game.  :) 

• RKane_1 said:

Look here for more wing inspiration...

https://www.daz3d.com/ccwings-variety-pack

so again showing with the v4 creature wings base then with the bat texture from the cc wings texture addons found that if you tried to use a made pose get heavy distortion but if you manually pose each body part works ok though harder with the hands as they operate the wingsalso those arrows don't appear in prerender but do in render

dweller v4 creature wings feathered.png
    681 x 587 - 519K
    dweller v4 creature wings bat.png
    681 x 587 - 481K
  • TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528

Hobgoblin looks great, here with a bit of head morphs, some hair and a beard 

hob.png
    2560 x 2048 - 2M
  • RKane_1 said:

so again showing with the v4 creature wings base then with the bat texture from the cc wings texture addons found that if you tried to use a made pose get heavy distortion but if you manually pose each body part works ok though harder with the hands as they operate the wingsalso those arrows don't appear in prerender but do in render

https://www.daz3d.com/strigoi-the-ancient-vampire

have you tried using the wings from this figure?

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

What I woiuld love to see is a winbg fully integrated into the arm and hand like a bats "fingers" are all actually part of the wing.

Here is a little better break down into what parts of the arm and hand go where in a bat wing...

• Antfarm has the far superior "bat" figure in my opinion. And with the awesome finger wings to boot. Just sayin LOL

https://www.daz3d.com/the-bat-thing

• I have a question about your characters and if anyone else here can answer this, now obviously clown has to be clothed but what about the monsters/demons and aliens. In a lot of classic scifi and grey aliens and their kind they are always shown unclothed as they are sexless and in some themes the "skin" is actually their clothing like a body stocking so if I or anyone did a render of them like this would we get into trouble? Also your female alien even more so other than her chest bumps there are no nipples or anything so same again there. And again same with your monsters/demons. All of these are shown in Josh Crockett's promos front on unclothed and shows they are basicly sexless not sure how plague wolf would go though but think it also depends what mod is going through galleries at the time as I had two test images of male characters testing other hd morphs on them that were removed because they were wearing only the underwear from Vinnuth Kriegor Battle Mega Armor and topless  again these were male characters. Which also makes me wonder about the male horses/male centaurs what to do there can hide behind leg sometimes but some poses you can't. So anyway while in some scifi/horror/fantasy scenes you may yes add clothing and fit the scene in others a lot of others it just would not look right so opinions are these all ok safe to do minus clothing or what again some gallery mods may look at things differently 

Good question about the nudity standards on creatures. Not sure how that works here at Daz. I know other sites make you cover stuff up. I do a lot of "naked creatures". I'm assuming because they aren't human and "sexless" as you say that they are passable. You'd have to ask the Daz staff about specifics though.

• I will say this about the Dweller. The concept behind the Dweller is a creature that has dwelled in dark places and feeds on vermin and has mutated over the years. Perhaps human at one time... so not necessarily a "bat" per sey, but with characteristics of creatures he may have fed on over the years and just a general overall creepiness and nastiness. 

Antfarm has the far superior "bat" figure in my opinion. And with the awesome finger wings to boot. Just sayin LOL

HOLY CRAP! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM! I wants it! must haves it, my precious! I just wish it was a morphed G3M or G8M figure with Geo Graphs. I would love a "Manbat" figure for my Gotham Series.

I am out of funds this week cause I just bought Hobgoblin, Orc and Robbus of ya, Josh. No fair! :( ... :)

BWAHAHAHAHAH! IT IS A DAZ ORIGINAL! It's on sale and I used my coupon and got it for under $4. 

*evil wringing of hands and cackling*

*cough, cough* Sorry... I get.... excited. :)

BTW, I run a role-playing game and I use visual aids. Guess what the characters are running into next week? :)

• RKane_1 said:

BTW, I run a role-playing game and I use visual aids. Guess what the characters are running into next week? :)

Goblins and Orcs FTW!

• RKane_1 said:

Antfarm has the far superior "bat" figure in my opinion. And with the awesome finger wings to boot. Just sayin LOL

HOLY CRAP! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM! I wants it! must haves it, my precious! I just wish it was a morphed G3M or G8M figure with Geo Graphs. I would love a "Manbat" figure for my Gotham Series.

I am out of funds this week cause I just bought Hobgoblin, Orc and Robbus of ya, Josh. No fair! :( ... :)

LOL well to be fair, I don't get any money from Daz Originals but I hear ya!!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Josh, I am becoming a big fan, not just because of the various creatures, but also because of the detail in them and how easy they are on resources also, I was working with the Orc HD last night and he was a pleasure to work with. keep up the great work!

• Josh, I am becoming a big fan, not just because of the various creatures, but also because of the detail in them and how easy they are on resources also, I was working with the Orc HD last night and he was a pleasure to work with. keep up the great work!

Thanks Michael!

edited April 2018

NP Josh, thank you!

here is the WIP of the image I am working on. Iray no postwork

Image removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    RKane_1 said:

it needs more poses :) 

• hopefuly this'll appear was looking at my memories on facebook and this video with pictures of some really weird looking sealife came up might give you a few ideas

https://www.facebook.com/namelesstv/videos/1672303389729314/

• How about the Mugwumps from Naked Lunch?  Those were some freaky dudes. :)

That's a cool idea actually 

Thanks, that movie is a total acid trip without any acid required.  One of my faves. :)  The giant homosexual cockroach was quite trippy as well...egads!

• RKane_1 said:

https://www.daz3d.com/strigoi-the-ancient-vampire

have you tried using the wings from this figure?

first time seen that

• Another possible idea: a slug / worm / human kind of like Jabba the Hut, but possibly with variable amounts of useless appendages (arms and legs).  Dunno if you've read "God Emperor of Dune" or not...but the human transmorphed into the worm is kind of what I'm thinking about....but maybe with a bit more Jabba...LOL

edited April 2018
    17734949_orig.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 200K
    Post edited by TraceSL on
    TraceSL said:

Thats wicked and probably going to give me nightmares tonight, LOL

TraceSL said:

Totes adorbs. I want to take him home and cuddle. :)

Suggestion: A bird-head demon, hawk or eagle along the lines of a very demonic RA