Josh Crockett Suggestion Page for Monster Characters!

Comments

• TraceSL said:

Just playing with mods - plague wolf with horns and a few minor body mods, the skin is from The Alien 

Very cool!

• human bug hybrids would be cool tried Sahel 8 with anu-naki (v4) here but something more detailed be cool

sahel bugged lady test 405pm210218.jpg
    2719 x 1645 - 1M
  • TercelTercel Posts: 101

Boils (containing clean to super murky liquid), or skin eruptions (mild psoriasis, pustules, crystalline and rock protuberances) that can be used on a whole league of characters - and to add an extra ick factor, the opportunity to change the boils/skin eruption pustules so they're actually skin surface wombs of sorts for fetal creepy crawlies.  Also, smooth and plated gills.   

• how about 1950's inspired aliens and monsters like from the old comics 

• how about 1950's inspired aliens and monsters like from the old comics 

Yeah, would be cool to do my take on some of that old stuff

• that's what I was thinking there were some pretty cool concepts back then and when you add update them think they'd have a real disturbing real look to them especially with your texturing and they loved the exposed brain look and and big buldging eyes and claws/pincers 

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited March 2018

"It came from outer space" came out in 1953, and was one of the most suspensful movies then.

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • that's what I was thinking there were some pretty cool concepts back then and when you add update them think they'd have a real disturbing real look to them especially with your texturing and they loved the exposed brain look and and big buldging eyes and claws/pincers 

"It came from outer space" came out in 1953, and was one of the most suspensful movies then.

yeah, that might be cool to do

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Given how "ethereal" the "It" was, a centrla mass housing an eye and surrounded by "wispy", almost gaseous tendrils, a direct translation to 3D (without using "voxels") might prove a challenge.  Of course, I know you'd avoid a an exact recreation for copyright reasons, but the point remains.  Those cotton candy (candy floss) type fibers would be quite tricky.

Sincerely,

Bill

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528
    edited March 2018

Would like to see some HP Lovecraft Deep Ones or other inspired creatures.  laugh

Still hoping for your monster bunny devil

As for 50's creatures...

eye.gif
    350 x 266 - 2M
    Post edited by TraceSL on

Also, something along the lines of Underworld's vampires

underworld.jpg
    400 x 600 - 38K
  • nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,935
    edited March 2018

Speaking of vampires, I just want suitable skins for them, for Genesis 1, 2, and 3, similar to the colorscheme in that last picture by TraceSL there.  Basically, greyish white but with the usual body details of a normal human.  It would need to come with the appropriate genital maps (male and female), but also with and without publc hair, armpit hair, (baked in) eyebrows and whatnot, though I gather these days the pubic hair and armpit hair and so on are applied as seperate LIE layers so people can substitute other versions of those.  I wound up using a greyish-white demon skin from some fantasy-creatures pack from 'Rosity for one of my vampire renders, but wasn't completely satisfied with it since it had subtle little dark specks all over it that made it look like he'd been rolling in the dirt earlier. >>giggles<<

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
    edited March 2018

Josh's Crypto Alien materials provide for some interesting options on G8, does not have all the options you are looking for.  The attached is RAWARTS Vampyr for G8 as a base with Crypto material, used HFS head morphs for the look, no shaders or light used in the test.  

Speaking of vampires, I just want suitable skins for them, for Genesis 1, 2, and 3, similar to the colorscheme in that last picture by TraceSL there.  Basically, greyish white but with the usual body details of a normal human.  It would need to come with the appropriate genital maps (male and female), but also with and without publc hair, armpit hair, (baked in) eyebrows and whatnot, though I gather these days the pubic hair and armpit hair and so on are applied as seperate LIE layers so people can substitute other versions of those.  I wound up using a greyish-white demon skin from some fantasy-creatures pack from 'Rosity for one of my vampire renders, but wasn't completely satisfied with it since it had subtle little dark specks all over it that made it look like he'd been rolling in the dirt earlier. >>giggles<<

test01.png
    2560 x 1440 - 1M
    test01a.png
    2560 x 1440 - 1M
    Post edited by TraceSL on
  • TraceSL said:

Would like to see some HP Lovecraft Deep Ones or other inspired creatures.  laugh

Still hoping for your monster bunny devil

As for 50's creatures...

TraceSL said:

Also, something along the lines of Underworld's vampires

Lovecraft is always good

so are vampires

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

How about something inspired by the movie "shape of water"

•   I will go a bahamut ( demon dragon)

MAT Attacking Dragon.png
    91 x 91 - 23K
  • How about something inspired by the movie "shape of water"

I will go a bahamut ( demon dragon)

I like the aquatic creature idea. Demon dragon would be cool too.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

The previous mention of Tieflings and Dragonborne would be great. I would love to see your take on them and I am sure many gamers would like to make their character portraits

It would be great to to get a set of five different shapes of each one to give variety for mix and match. (Skin colors, horn shapes, horn shapes, etc)

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    TraceSL said:

Sixus1 has several HPL staples, mostly on the other site, that are VERY well done.  But they are very specific takes on some of them.  Having variety amongst them is always welcome! ​

What about a "Skinsuit" ala Leatherface or Buffalo Bill. A conforming piece of clothing sewn together from the skins of victims?

edited March 2018
    RKane_1 said:

What about a "Skinsuit" ala Leatherface or Buffalo Bill. A conforming piece of clothing sewn together from the skins of victims?

Buffalo Bill? edit of course not this?

imageofbuffalobill.png
    1200 x 1200 - 42K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on

Buffalo Bill from "Silence of the Lambs"

"It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose!" :)

• I like the leatherface idea

I like the leatherface idea

You could save each "patch" as a separate UV area so he could have all one skin tone or be a patchwork of different racial/ethno-types. :)

Ninja Turtle, basicly a turtle man.  :) 

• TraceSL said:

Ninja Turtle, basicly a turtle man.  :) 

joequick made one and released it on ShareCG

https://www.sharecg.com/v/88729/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Turtle-Power-for-G3M

• TraceSL said:

Just playing with mods - plague wolf with horns and a few minor body mods, the skin is from The Alien 

oh bugger was researching for this image thinking it was an upcoming product fom Josh but it was something you cooked up TraceSL pretty cool btw which is why I was thinking of Josh Crockett how about creatures like from Doom and Duke Nukem. Oh and btw congrats on being included in a pro bundle hopefully there will be more creature character pro bundles and you get to include stuff to

• andrushuk1andrushuk1 Posts: 342

I think leather face /  Buffalo Bill are good ideas

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

I think I mentioned this before in another thread, but anything that Josh can do to make at least some of the morphs independent of each other would be welcome. For example, if the critter has enormous hands, or gigantic ears, or crazy teeth, it's very helpful if those morphs could be dial-able independently. I often want to roll my own monsters by dialing in part of one monster, part of another, and so on. The more flexibility, the better.

Pretty sure that those giant hands are what's stopping monsters from taking over the universe, incidentally. It's very hard to hold weapons when your fingers are eighteen inches long. I suppose we should be thankful.

RKane_1 said:

Buffalo Bill from "Silence of the Lambs"

"It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose!" :)

oh.  I searched Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs as I never saw it, but he looks like a normal guy, I guess.

I would like a realistic Buffalo Bills uniform though, even though I am not a fan of Buffalo Bills.