Josh Crockett Suggestion Page for Monster Characters!

Comments

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,457

some sort of ice creature or something dead/undead like?

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528

some sort of ice creature or something dead/undead like?

My thoughts too, some undead, wraith or ice demon. 

• Josh CrockettJosh Crockett Posts: 572

Think more abstract...

cold of space? 

alien ghost

Not as ephmeral as a ghost... cool idea though

some real scary gross ghosts would be cool with transparency

well sci-fi, horror, fantasy, paranormal/unexplained/weird stuff is my passion in so many mediums comics/books, games, film/tv (old & new), legends/mythologies and so on

oh I just remembered few asked on another creature thread about angels and demons mostly angels but not the standard looking angels pretty people with wings but those scary ones with many heads and limbs that are demonic monster types could this be what your working on fits in with the fallen one theme

oh I just remembered few asked on another creature thread about angels and demons mostly angels but not the standard looking angels pretty people with wings but those scary ones with many heads and limbs that are demonic monster types could this be what your working on fits in with the fallen one theme

No, more sci fi...

• oh I just remembered few asked on another creature thread about angels and demons mostly angels but not the standard looking angels pretty people with wings but those scary ones with many heads and limbs that are demonic monster types could this be what your working on fits in with the fallen one theme

No, more sci fi...

please, i hope it's based off the xenomorphs from alien (because of Alien: Covenant is out in theaters)

No, more sci fi...

please, i hope it's based off the xenomorphs from alien (because of Alien: Covenant is out in theaters)

More humanoid than that, but yeah, it's kind of xenomorphy

Here's a little sneak peek... yes, there is a pose set coming with this guy too

popup 02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 667K

Here's a little sneak peek... yes, there is a pose set coming with this guy too

great texture and look

I could throw a bunch of tentacles on it and call it a monster... LOL

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

Nice! A lot of folks have been clamoring for something 'insectoid,' and that looks like it can well fit that desire.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

Looks good! Is he a morph or standalone?

Thanks guys. It's a morph. 

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2017

Now I'm curious as to what you did with Genesis' eyesockets. lol

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on

I'm guessing he folded part of the face over the eyes...

Yep pretty much wink

Thought about geografting the face out, but I wanted the mouth rigging to be functional still.

tentacles are always good :)

TraceSL said:

tentacles are always good :

Can you sense my sarcasm? lol

Sure, tentacles are good when used correctly

another one good for kit bashing too even though you said no more aliens he could still be used as an alien he'd fit in a lot of shows I watch. Do love stand alones yes but by using the g3 bases it gives us so many options to combine aspects from your other creations as well as others which is great. Tenticles are great. Lobster claws would like too got some from an old david 3 scifi suit working on g3 in my last creature render not perfect but working. Side note any plans of selling your tutorials from that other place here or doing new ones and selling here?

another one good for kit bashing too even though you said no more aliens he could still be used as an alien he'd fit in a lot of shows I watch. Do love stand alones yes but by using the g3 bases it gives us so many options to combine aspects from your other creations as well as others which is great. Tenticles are great. Lobster claws would like too got some from an old david 3 scifi suit working on g3 in my last creature render not perfect but working. Side note any plans of selling your tutorials from that other place here or doing new ones and selling here?

Again, tentacles are good when appropriately used to enhance a design... throwing tentacles on for the sake of tentalces... well I won't say any more than that LOL

On the tutorials: Yes, I've been planning to do some for a while geared toward DS content.

TraceSL said:

tentacles are always good :

Can you sense my sarcasm? lol

Sure, tentacles are good when used correctly

winkdevil​ "tentacles are good when used correctly"  devilwink​ 

So many japanese cartoons just flashed through my mind.  You are correct, many tentacle props are rigged poorly and are a pain to even pose, I mean, just do spikes.   

(snickers)

Josh: Yeah, been thinking a lot about eyeless issues, and fold over is the best. The problem with simply trying to shrink the eyeholes or whatever is that you get a lot of collision with other morphs or expressions or whatever that can turn 'small eyes' into a mess. (Which I imagine you may have discovered)

Angel: Personaly, I really hope to do lobster claws and other bits as conforming clothing/items. Offers a lot of potential cross usage while giving a lot of freedom to make detailed models.

Angel: Personaly, I really hope to do lobster claws and other bits as conforming clothing/items. Offers a lot of potential cross usage while giving a lot of freedom to make detailed models.

This would be cool.  Some props I would like to see as conforning clothing/items are cybernetic parts, yes, borg up G3 character, things like penchers, green bottles on the back, etc. 

TraceSL said:

This would be cool.  Some props I would like to see as conforning clothing/items are cybernetic parts, yes, borg up G3 character, things like penchers, green bottles on the back, etc. 

Sounds like a job for the Antfarm