Josh Crockett Suggestion Page for Monster Characters!

Comments

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,457

thanks for some reason the horse body seemed to shrink in size did dial down the morphs a little but any further started losing the creature look been thinking what to do to make it more chim though got few snakes and other parts maybe try adding dragon legs

oh the goblin shark seen lots of vids and pics of that they are pretty creepy as is a lot of sea creatures

with a humaoid shark are you thinking along the shark king from flash and the pirates ones?

• Lonesome CowboyLonesome Cowboy Posts: 153
    edited May 2017

1. i wish a new and better manticore

2. and it also could be a good idea to create a new (Iray) killer-kraken with lots of EASY POSABLE and preposed arms.

There is a version for V4 i used for M4 (the images with "watermonsterfight"), but i can't remember at the moment from where i got it :
    http://catweazle01.deviantart.com/gallery/54748307/watermonsters

Very important is that there are lots of capturing - G3M - poses.
    With this product come lot of fight-poses between (V4 i used M4) and the kraken.

3. we need a good and very dangerous spider AND web AND poses for G3M + G3F where the spider can capture both. Some poses woudl be good to see G3M/F fighting against the spider and loosing fight and beeing captured in the web.

4. What about bee- and wasp-human-morphs? Could be interesting

5. I am searching long for tentacles WITH poses (like the ones as described at 2.) for capturing and fighting with G3F/M

watermonsterfight_003_by_catweazle01-d8w5idd.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 714K
    Post edited by Lonesome Cowboy on
  • Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited May 2017

1. i wish a new and better manticore

2. and it also could be a good idea to create a new (Iray) killer-kraken with lots of EASY POSABLE and preposed arms.

There is a version for V4 i used for M4 (the images with "watermonsterfight"), but i can't remember at the moment from where i got it :
    http://catweazle01.deviantart.com/gallery/54748307/watermonsters

Very important is that there are lots of capturing - G3M - poses.
    With this product come lot of fight-poses between (V4 i used M4) and the kraken.

3. we need a good and very dangerous spider AND web AND poses for G3M + G3F where the spider can capture both. Some poses woudl be good to see G3M/F fighting against the spider and loosing fight and beeing captured in the web.

4. What about bee- and wasp-human-morphs? Could be interesting

5. I am searching long for tentacles WITH poses (like the ones as described at 2.) for capturing and fighting with G3F/M

there is a kraken that still new 

https://www.daz3d.com/the-great-kraken

and also a bundle of tentacles, they are very easy to pose

https://www.daz3d.com/tentacle-soup

if you don't mind going more Cthulhu-like with your kraken, this monster is awesome

https://www.daz3d.com/horror-from-the-deep

wich has new supercool skins:

https://www.daz3d.com/horror-from-the-deep-the-brood

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Please remember that this thread is the PAs thread asking for suggestions. Please do not derail it with OT posts.  Thank You.

Chohole said:

Please remember that this thread is the PAs thread asking for suggestions. Please do not derail it with OT posts.  Thank You.

yes, I am sorry

Returning to the topic I would suggest an organic alien version of that openable face like geishas from ghost in the shell movie.

Also the fake human strippable skin hiding a reptilian alien like in eighties V series!

geisha ghost.jpg
    997 x 1366 - 322K
    geisha ghost 2.jpg
    1111 x 534 - 93K
    geisha ghost 3.jpg
    500 x 271 - 39K
    geisha ghost 4.jpg
    522 x 540 - 31K
    v.jpg
    992 x 1417 - 1M
    V 2.jpg
    500 x 260 - 87K
    V 3.png
    1368 x 770 - 471K
    v 4.jpg
    438 x 250 - 84K
    V 5.jpg
    720 x 480 - 49K
  • Josh CrockettJosh Crockett Posts: 572

Equis, for some reason I have difficulties getting any third party stuff to function or even show up in Daz Studio (with some rare exceptions). I have no idea why. It's been like that over more than one terminal, so, I have to rely on what's in the store to auto-install itself correctly. I also have yet to find any instructions in layman's terms of how to use the Gen X thing, which has always put me off of purchasing that in sales.

Josh, yes, I'd agree. Though you'd have to avoid anything too close to the tail-less Deacon, from 'Prometheus'', which was apparently inspired heavily by the goblin shark's appearance. There's certainly something to be said for conveying terror through a skeletalised look, though. And shark eyes, like a spider's eyes, have that unblinking shiny blackness quality to them.

Amd now I'm imagining a multi-eyed shark/arachnid hybrid, which is kind of scary... :)

Yeah would definitely "make it my own". I like the multi-eye idea, though I'm not sure how I'd pull that off on a genesis base mesh. Might be interesting to try though.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Geograft? That might allow you to market it with just one set of eyes on the base mesh, for those who want to use it as a dialled-in morph with other products, as well as the additional geograft for a multi-eyed version, specficially for use with the product's own skin.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

You could probably do it as a confirming outfit, even...

the extra eyes could be just like added props like spikes or lumps are just not posable just decorative of sorts 

the extra eyes could be just like added props like spikes or lumps are just not posable just decorative of sorts 

yeah, there's an idea

edited May 2017

yeah, there's an idea

like my favorite alien design from a comic

I feel fascination for pale beauty, evil and deadly aliens

(Image removed for nudity.  Please review https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest​ ~Mod)

comic saga 2.jpg
    960 x 759 - 226K
    comic saga 3.jpg
    1117 x 769 - 389K
    Post edited by Cris Palomino on
    EquisVoid said:

yeah, there's an idea

like my favorite alien design from a comic

I feel fascination for pale beauty, evil and deadly aliens

(Image removed for nudity.  Please review https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest​ ~Mod)

I like it :)

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528

Just saw Jelly-Bean's Vemon over at Rendo, that could be a cool concept for a figure. 

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/we-are-venom-/2748441/?p

TraceSL said:

Just saw Jelly-Bean's Vemon over at Rendo, that could be a cool concept for a figure. 

Interesting. Might be a littel too much on the copyrighted side though.

Yeeeeeah, Marvel would have a fit...

Josh Crockett, we are very interested on what  you'll do next, keep us informed!

Thanks!

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528
    TraceSL said:

Interesting. Might be a littel too much on the copyrighted side though.

Don't know, keep away from the spider icons and demonize the outer layer of monster  :)

A little something just for fun today. Super quickie neomorph.

neomorph.jpg
    663 x 865 - 243K
    neomorph 02.jpg
    663 x 865 - 263K
  • A little something just for fun today. Super quickie neomorph.

that's awesome!

It's amazing!!

! love everything about this creature, very interesting head and  the body is perfect, and  I specially like very much its legs, hands and long fingers. Congrats, you are creating the cooler evil alien.

Can I ask to add  a smoother, wrinkles-free body/skin  alternative with this creature? Neutral,majestic looking aliens are my favorite.characterization for evil aliens, and I think it would help  on your sales too, to offer both versions.

I love the wrinkled and horror looking too, it's just that I want you to consider to put on sale both versions..

Thanks amazing work so far!  Tell us more soon please

EquisVoid said:

It's amazing!!

! love everything about this creature, very interesting head and  the body is perfect, and  I specially like very much its legs, hands and long fingers. Congrats, you are creating the cooler evil alien.

Can I ask to add  a smoother, wrinkles-free body/skin  alternative with this creature? Neutral,majestic looking aliens are my favorite.characterization for evil aliens, and I think it would help  on your sales too, to offer both versions.

I love the wrinkled and horror looking too, it's just that I want you to consider to put on sale both versions..

This was more for fun that anything, but yes, I will think about making this a product and take your suggestions about the skin.

edited May 2017
    EquisVoid said:

It's amazing!!

This was more for fun that anything, but yes, I will think about making this a product and take your suggestions about the skin.

Thanks Josh!  Here's another idea for your product, an organic necklace plenty of eyes as wereable prop. Now all those silent hill fans will be happier to buy too

Oh, and the collar could serve as a tiara/crown too, that would be a fantastic way to custom mutation with just one basic prop.

Since the Skinchangers many appreciate a reuseable organic prop with the monster.

necklace of eyes 3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 423K
    necklace of eyes.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 353K
    necklace of eyes 2.png
    350 x 350 - 202K

Good interpretation. :) Neomorph ideally needs more of a transluscent skin, spinal thorns and a thin, whip-like tail, but the limb proportions and head are mostly right.

Looks close to the Blind Demon stand-alone figure, which I'd actually quite like as a morphing dial to mix into the available Genesis 3 gene pool.

edited May 2017

Good interpretation. :) Neomorph ideally needs more of a transluscent skin, spinal thorns and a thin, whip-like tail, but the limb proportions and head are mostly right.

Looks close to the Blind Demon stand-alone figure, which I'd actually quite like as a morphing dial to mix into the available Genesis 3 gene pool.

Dont go more neomorph with this, please, try new ways like vulture/condor inspiration with silent hill like necklace of multiple eyes and stuff.,

I Just want to say no one made a good bird-humanoid alien before. Alien Covenant loss visuaI impact, please: Innovate cheeky

Many birds have teeth, but well, here's a famous alternative aproach to a bird alien

cell.jpg
    480 x 360 - 20K
    cell 2.png
    300 x 356 - 191K

I doubt Josh would literally copy the design for an actual product. Legal wranglings and all that. :)

Yeah this was literally done in about half an hour and strictly for fun. I doubt I will actually take this anywhere or do anything with it. But it was fun anyway. 

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Where can I purchase this morph?  ;)

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited May 2017

A two-headed man would be interesting, kind of like one of those 70's B-movie experiments.

2headedman.jpg
    410 x 210 - 27K
    Post edited by FrankTheTank on

two headed anything and everything would be good 

Yeah this was literally done in about half an hour and strictly for fun. I doubt I will actually take this anywhere or do anything with it. But it was fun anyway. 

I am very dissapointed, wanted to see the creature evolve a little and buy it soon