Shoes for SexySilky Dress...how do I fit them?

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I loaded V5 then added the SexySillky Dress and shoes from the V5 Pro pak but the shoes aren't posed correctly, the toes seem to be pointing up so the heel of the shoes is stuck into the ground. I can't seem to find a pose for the shoes so they sit correctly. \i did pose them manually by bending the ankle down then the toes up, but as soon as you apply a V5 pose they go all wonky again. \is there something \i am missing in the pose controls? If I pose them manually how do \i get them to stay in position?

Comments

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    I loaded V5 then added the SexySillky Dress and shoes from the V5 Pro pak but the shoes aren't posed correctly, the toes seem to be pointing up so the heel of the shoes is stuck into the ground. I can't seem to find a pose for the shoes so they sit correctly. \i did pose them manually by bending the ankle down then the toes up, but as soon as you apply a V5 pose they go all wonky again. \is there something \i am missing in the pose controls? If I pose them manually how do \i get them to stay in position?

with the character selected (not the shoes) go into the poses and animation tab, under presets should be a pose for feet that fixes wearing high heels. you might have to re-apply it after any other preset pose to make things look right.

feet-fix.jpg
    524 x 500 - 87K
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I dn't recall seeing that pose anywhere but will look again.. thanks

edited December 1969

I do not have that pose, I installed the trx file and the metadata...should there be another file also? I searched in my data directory and there are definitely some files missing. do I have to install the poser content file also?

edited December 1969

As posted previously in thread ...I have no morphs for the feet so they fit the shoes,according to the file list they should be in the data/Bobbie25 etc folder but I do not have them. I reinstalled the product still no morphs. Is it required to also install the other files for poser/legacy? I only installed the trx and metadata files.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    As posted previously in thread ...I have no morphs for the feet so they fit the shoes,according to the file list they should be in the data/Bobbie25 etc folder but I do not have them. I reinstalled the product still no morphs. Is it required to also install the other files for poser/legacy? I only installed the trx and metadata files.

Hi Kharma,
    If you do not have all the files listed I would reset your downloads and try redownloading. I don't have the item so I can't check for you.

Sorry

Pen

edited December 1969

As posted previously in thread in Daz Studio discussion ...I have no morphs for the feet so they fit the shoes,according to the file list they should be in the data/Bobbie25 etc folder but I do not have them. I reinstalled the product still no morphs. Is it required to also install the other files for poser/legacy? I only installed the trx and metadata files.

If anyone has installed this product can you tell me how you installed it and if you have the foot morphs?

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    As posted previously in thread in Daz Studio discussion ...I have no morphs for the feet so they fit the shoes,according to the file list they should be in the data/Bobbie25 etc folder but I do not have them. I reinstalled the product still no morphs. Is it required to also install the other files for poser/legacy? I only installed the trx and metadata files.

If anyone has installed this product can you tell me how you installed it and if you have the foot morphs?

How many threads have you posted on this subject? I've counted 3 so far. Please stop spamming and wait until someone answers your thread.

edited December 1969

I guess I will try that ...only thing is I have to reset the V5 probundle to get that one file as it came in the bundle. I did check my purchases but its not listed separately/ thanks for helping Pendraia :)

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    I guess I will try that ...only thing is I have to reset the V5 probundle to get that one file as it came in the bundle. I did check my purchases but its not listed separately/ thanks for helping Pendraia :)

No problem...sorry I don't have the product or I would have checked to see what I could find.

It's a pain resetting bundles...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888
    edited December 1969

Triplicate threads merged - starting multiple threads just means that people who are giving their time to help you risk wasting that time covering ground already covered in another thread.

edited December 1969

You need to repose the feet after applying any other pose - after all, if the pose is flat-footed she would have to adjust it for the shoes in reality too.

edited January 2013

You need to repose the feet after applying any other pose - after all, if the pose is flat-footed she would have to adjust it for the shoes in reality too.

In reading the readme file list it states these included files...I don't seem to have them, I am going to try as Pendraia suggested and reset the d/l, but from the file List there should be the following heel morphs:

\data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SatinDress\SilkyDress.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SatinDress\UV Sets\Bobbie25\Base\default.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SDLHeel\B25SLShoe.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SDLHeel\Morphs\Bobbie25\Base\AdjustStraps.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SDLHeel\Morphs\Bobbie25\Base\PBMFeetShoeFit.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SDLHeel\UV Sets\Bobbie25\B25SDLHeel\default.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SDRHeel\B25SRShoe.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SDRHeel\Morphs\Bobbie25\Base\AdjustStraps.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SDRHeel\Morphs\Bobbie25\Base\PBMFeetShoeFit.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SDRHeel\UV Sets\Bobbie25\B25SDRHeel\default.dsf

Also see image rareth posted...shows a foot morph, I assume the one refered to in file list?

P.S. so sorry for multiple post, I wasn't aware that posting the same question is separate forums was a no no:(

Post edited by Kharma on
    edited December 1969

One other thing it that may be worth checking if your missing folders...in windows go to where your runtime is. Check and see if you have either a content folder or a My Libray folder inside your content folder.

If you do drag the files across to your content folder.

Sorry very early in the morning here after a hot night so my brain is very fuzzy and it's aiming for 41 degrees celsius today.

Just realised if it's part of the V5 pro I may well have it I will check my runtime.

edited December 1969

Kharma said:

In reading the readme file list it states these included files...I don't seem to have them, I am going to try as Pendraia suggested and reset the d/l, but from the file List there should be the following heel morphs:

\data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SatinDress\SilkyDress.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SatinDress\UV Sets\Bobbie25\Base\default.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SDLHeel\B25SLShoe.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SDLHeel\UV Sets\Bobbie25\B25SDLHeel\default.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SDRHeel\B25SRShoe.dsf
    \data\Bobbie25\B25SatinDress\B25SDRHeel\UV Sets\Bobbie25\B25SDRHeel\default.dsf

Also see image rareth posted...shows a foot morph, I assume the one refered to in file list?

P.S. so sorry for multiple post, I wasn't aware that posting the same question is separate forums was a no no:(

actually I'm not positive where I got the foot preset from, I assumed it came with Genesis, might not have though, as I did purchase a few high heeled boots for Vicky, but it does seem to work with other shoes,

edited December 1969

Rareth said:

actually I'm not positive where I got the foot preset from, I assumed it came with Genesis, might not have though, as I did purchase a few high heeled boots for Vicky, but it does seem to work with other shoes,

Which tab does it show up in? It may be worth Kharma doing a search in that tab with the word foot. She may have something else that would work for her.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Rareth said:

Which tab does it show up in? It may be worth Kharma doing a search in that tab with the word foot. She may have something else that would work for her.

its in the pic near the top of the thread, its called footset, and its under presets

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Pendraia said:
    Rareth said:

its in the pic near the top of the thread, its called footset, and its under presets

From the look of your screenie I would guess it's the pose tab. So if she goes to the pose tab and searches for foot she may find that she has a pose from something else that will work.

Otherwise she may need to pose the foot manually.

edited December 1969

All I have is the dress and the shoes, plus a material file for each - no pose.

edited December 1969

Here is a tutorial for manually fitting shoes. When I get chance I'll convert it to pdf file and upload to Sharecg.

I hope the images come out in the right order. I initially tried the first bend at 45 but realised it needed to be moved to 37 when I bended the toe so ignore the render name and go with 37.

Tutorial for fitting shoes to Genesis

This is how the shoe initially loads onto Genesis

Go to Scene and select the left foot

Click on the parameter tab under transforms move bend to about 37 .
    Whatever looks right to you.

Next go back to the scene tab and select the left toes (it will be directly under the foot.

Go back to the parameter tab and using bend go in the other direction and dial -35

These are approximate settings I just dialled until it looked right to me.

Do the same with the right foot.

Should look similar to this...

Shoes_both_done.jpg
    600 x 843 - 98K
    Shoes_toes_bend_45.jpg
    600 x 843 - 61K
    Shoes_bend_45.jpg
    600 x 843 - 77K
    Shoes_initially_loaded.jpg
    600 x 843 - 50K
    edited December 1969

All I have is the dress and the shoes, plus a material file for each - no pose.

Same Richard, which is why I did the tutorial it may be useful to have for others. I'll convert it to pdf and put it up on ShareCG.

edited January 2013

thanks so much for the tutorial Pendraia...that will help alot. Is there a way to save the foot pose once it is set so it can be reapplied without having to dial it in again?

Maybe there is a way to contact Bobbie25 about the files as it states in the file list that the morphs for both the foot and adjust strap should be there in the data folder

unless that is a misprint and those files really don't exist.

Post edited by Kharma on
    edited January 2013

The morphs are for the shoe, not for Genesis - if they were for Genesis they'd be in \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs somewhere. I can't see them, even with Show Hidden Parameters, but I suspect the foot fix is to make the shoe not follow the in shoe morph of Genesis, or to make it look better, and the strap morph is a fix for posing that applies automatically (if they are working

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    thanks so much for the tutorial Pendraia...that will help alot. Is there a way to save the foot pose once it is set so it can be reapplied without having to dial it in again?

Maybe there is a way to contact Bobbie25 about the files as it states in the file list that the morphs for both the foot and adjust strap should be there in the data folder ( see earlier post of files included) unless that is a misprint and those files really don't exist.

Okay...had to play with this myself as I haven't saved poses before.

Select the Genesis that has the pose you want to save.

Click on the Content tab.

Navigate to the folder where you want to save the pose to.

On the bottom left hand side is a plus sign. Click on the plus sign and select pose preset.

A new dialogue box will pop up asking you to save. Save it using a name that makes sense to you I named mine lfootposesilkydressshoe.

A new box will pop up

It will have Genesis selected Click on the arrow to expand genesis.

You should see hip expand that and keep expanding until you get to the feet. Untick Genesis as this will give you the whole pose include where genesis is placed.

Click on the foot that you wish to save the pose for.

Click accept.

This will give you the foot pose in you folder that you selected. You may wish to position genesis in the work space so you get a nice icon. Otherwise you can render a new one. From memory they are about 90 x 90 pixels in size.

edited December 1969

Ok so these files just don't exist then meaning the file list is incorrect and I am not the only one who doesn't have them, so the only way to fit the shoes is to dial them in as Pendraia posted in her tutorial? Is this with all high heel shoes? Can you tell this is the first time I have tried to put shoes on my model??? LoL

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Kharma said:

Maybe there is a way to contact Bobbie25 about the files as it states in the file list that the morphs for both the foot and adjust strap should be there in the data folder ( see earlier post of files included) unless that is a misprint and those files really don't exist.

Okay...had to play with this myself as I haven't saved poses before.

Select the Genesis that has the pose you want to save.

Click on the Content tab.

Navigate to the folder where you want to save the pose to.

On the bottom left hand side is a plus sign. Click on the plus sign and select pose preset.

A new dialogue box will pop up asking you to save. Save it using a name that makes sense to you I named mine lfootposesilkydressshoe.

A new box will pop up

It will have Genesis selected Click on the arrow to expand genesis.

You should see hip expand that and keep expanding until you get to the feet. Untick Genesis as this will give you the whole pose include where genesis is placed.

Click on the foot that you wish to save the pose for.

Click accept.

This will give you the foot pose in you folder that you selected. You may wish to position genesis in the work space so you get a nice icon. Otherwise you can render a new one. From memory they are about 90 x 90 pixels in size.

thank you so m much for taking the time to show me how to do this. Knowing how to save this pose will help with others in the future :)

thanks all for contributing your knowledge..I hope I'll learn enough to help someone else out who is just starting in Studio

edited December 1969

Kharma said:

thank you so m much for taking the time to show me how to do this. Knowing how to save this pose will help with others in the future :)

thanks all for contributing your knowledge..I hope I'll learn enough to help someone else out who is just starting in Studio

I'm sure you will one day ; ).

I still feel like a beginner at times and I've been doing this for 7 years now.

It's funny because I don't use high heels much...probably because they are fiddly and I couldn't be bothered. So it's been a good experience for me to do it and realise how easy it really is...; )

Good luck with your rendering.

Hugs

Pen

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Ok so these files just don't exist then meaning the file list is incorrect and I am not the only one who doesn't have them, so the only way to fit the shoes is to dial them in as Pendraia posted in her tutorial? Is this with all high heel shoes? Can you tell this is the first time I have tried to put shoes on my model??? LoL

I think what Richard is saying is that they do exist but they don't affect Genesis's foot.

They are morphs contained in the shoe that allow you to move the shoe.

Still fuzzy headed...so I hope that's right Richard?

God I hate the heat and we have more hot days coming up...

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Kharma said:

I think what Richard is saying is that they do exist but they don't affect Genesis's foot.

I don't understand why if they are morphs they don't show up anywhere...I checked in explorer in the data folder and nothing is listed there hence nothing showing up in studio, that's why I assumed they were missing in the package. Is this common in some products that even tho files are listed they may not always be in the package for the product? I haven't run across this previously but as I learn I know to look for more options that I didn't know existed before which is why I went looking for a morph to fit the shoe in the first place.

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Pendraia said:
    Kharma said:

I don't understand why if they are morphs they don't show up anywhere...I checked in explorer in the data folder and nothing is listed there hence nothing showing up in studio, that's why I assumed they were missing in the package. Is this common in some products that even tho files are listed they may not always be in the package for the product? I haven't run across this previously but as I learn I know to look for more options that I didn't know existed before which is why I went looking for a morph to fit the shoe in the first place.

Interesting I couldn't find them as morphs in the shoes and when I did a search of the content folder couldn't find the adjust strap one....