Fun With Hair...NOT!

2»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

It almost seems like you're using a volumetric cloud as a light source or something - like what magaremoto does, but with a blue hue in it or something. Something is just odd with that scene.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

I will get back to working with him after Monday. Thanks, Phil... and for the PM. I think maybe it could be the frizz factor... I kept some of the effects of Adrea when I made the body hair, but only the colour at first. The body hair is actually something I made up last year for side-burns and they worked well, so thought to try it all over on this character.?

Dart, The final scene is just a photoshop background. Not a Carrara scene. It's not even IN the Carrara scene. I just rendered the guy with a shadow catcher, then put him against a backdrop in PS.  The lights are just a simple light dome that Kev gave me, no atmospherics or fancy lights, no terrains....nada!

What you see in the blue tinted image above is it, only a few rocks on the ground.

Catch up after Monday... is it a holiday in the US?  If so I might have an extra day to get my assignment in!  heart Silene

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Right. I was just meaning to see if it might be some sort of scene setting. Bringing the character into a fresh scene might help determine whether it was an issue with the character or something else

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Although I don't know what is causing it, I do have a small suggestion - as the issue seems to occur on different hair parts, you could render twice when the issue is on different parts and just combine them in Photoshop or similar? I know that is a workaround and not a fix though. Have you thought of having less hairs (ie combining them) and controlling hair length, density etc with maps?  Although for overall body hair this may be an issue with different body parts sharing the same UV space.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    PhilW said:

Although I don't know what is causing it, I do have a small suggestion - as the issue seems to occur on different hair parts, you could render twice when the issue is on different parts and just combine them in Photoshop or similar? I know that is a workaround and not a fix though. Have you thought of having less hairs (ie combining them) and controlling hair length, density etc with maps?  Although for overall body hair this may be an issue with different body parts sharing the same UV space.

That's making my own head hair hurt just reading it wink   If I go to that body part's hair room, and toggle from short fur to long hair or vice versa, it usually 'clears' the blue away. Once I get through the different parts, I just go for the render. It renders quickly, so that's a help. 

Once this blue boy is done, I am definintely going to investigate! Thank you  so much for 'being there', it's helped a lot!  heart  Silene