New Carrara Promo Reel

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited March 2017
    Chohole said:

I know I am going to say "Of course it is as soon as someone answers, but can someone please tell me waht the sound track behind this video is.  It's one of those things which is just so familiar and yet I cannot put a name to it.

Actually, you will probably say "huh?" when you find out because it is so generic.  So many people writing stuff that sounds like this these days, that it all blurs together.

A lot of it goes back to Carl Orff, and the finale from Carmina Burana.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited March 2017

Dart,

I could supply you with something.  I have been working on an animation project on Artella, I don't know if it will actually go anywhere but I have been doing some character modeling that would work for a Carrara demo reel. This character was modeled entirely in Carrara and the pictures show the modeling progression. I will ask them if it is okay for me to use as part of a Carrara demo reel.

SylvioHairHead.jpg
    800 x 1018 - 50K
    SylvioPrelim2c.jpg
    1200 x 699 - 48K
    SylvioPrelim2d.jpg
    1651 x 840 - 92K
    SylvioPrelim2b.jpg
    1200 x 684 - 40K
    Post edited by mmoir on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Fanatstic, as with Thomas' material, I've downloaded and saved it in case you (or Thomas) wish to take it down from Public sharing ;)

These images are great! And you think you might have some animated footage to share as well?

I love this Carrara Native stuff!

...and this Sylvio fellow is fantastic! Man, you've done an outstanding job modeling him!

Dart,  I will try to animate him on a turntable if you know what I mean. I could also render out the first scene of the TangoAlpha story, the clip of the ship at night with the lightning in the background. It is already done just not rendered at a higher resolution.

edited March 2017
    mmoir said:

Dart,  I will try to animate him on a turntable if you know what I mean. I could also render out the first scene of the TangoAlpha story, the clip of the ship at night with the lightning in the background. It is already done just not rendered at a higher resolution.

If you'd rather not render it, you could just give me a link and I'll render it for you. If you were'nt planning on animating Sylvio, I'm fine just having the still images.

EDIT: it just sounded like (in the original post) that you were going to have some animations of him! That's why I asked ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

I asked about using the Sylvio model for the Demo Reel and they told me it is okay if the reel is just for forum use for Carrara users it is okay.  It seems like if Daz 3d was officially making the reel then they may have issues. 

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

I thought the whole idea was to show non-Carrara users what they are missing - so it will be seen beyond the confines of these forums. Hopefully anyway!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

agreed with Phil, we should show it off on YT at least

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

For shure, and many of us have a YT channel where you can look for something wich could be interesting for you Dart!

Here is mine: https://www.youtube.com/user/MHDProductions/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd

Well, to post the Carrara Demo reel here at the forums you sort of have to "Host" the video somewhere and Youtube is the obvious place. So I am sure he is fine with posting it to Youtube but I will ask anyways. 

edited March 2017

Hey Dart ,

I just sent you a message with a link where you can download the animated clip of the model and you can also use any of the images I uploaded earlier to this thread.  Let me know if you want them larger

Post edited by mmoir on
    mmoir said:

Hey Dart ,

I just sent you a message with a link where you can download the animated clip of the model and you can also use any of the images I uploaded earlier to this thread.  Let me know if you want them larger

Not if we can't use it in the reel. Like I said in the first posts, this video will be sent to Daz3d to be used for their uses as well.

DUDU said:

For shure, and many of us have a YT channel where you can look for something wich could be interesting for you Dart!

Here is mine: https://www.youtube.com/user/MHDProductions/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd

...so I have permission to use what I like?

Oh,  I didn't notice this post .   Oh well I guess this rules out using it for the reel.  I will render out the TangoAlpha ocean scene at a higher resolution  for  you to use.  

Like I said in the first posts, this video will be sent to Daz3d to be used for their uses as well.

...so I have permission to use what I like?

For me no problem, but ask for the original render.

mmoir said:

Oh,  I didn't notice this post .   Oh well I guess this rules out using it for the reel.  I will render out the TangoAlpha ocean scene at a higher resolution  for  you to use.  

Like I said in the first posts, this video will be sent to Daz3d to be used for their uses as well.

Sorry about that. Bummer. But I totally understand their views. I have stuff I don't let anyone see too.

I dont see any reason for that, do you have international ambitions?

DUDU said:

I dont see any reason for that, do you have international ambitions?

Perhaps, but that has nothing to do with it. Some stuff just isn't ready for public viewing yet, while some stuff just has to remain secret until the whole rest of it is done! ;)

OK, if it's commercial, I can understand.

I publish some parts of my film in progress for criticism, but they are very far to be finished (postwork, sound etc...).

My real job is to make films in the real life (docu.), 3D is just my second hobby (the first one is composing music).

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

demo reels are forever.  i watch the skyrim reel every single night, mix it up with the vray reels.

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

I'm probably late to the party but I have some stuff on my YouTube channel.

"The Rocket Movie" was my Magnum Opus concerning Carrara and 3D and some initial compositing work using After Effects:

"Puppets and Carrara" is a brief breakdown of some collaboation with a pupeteer friend of mine:

If any of that looks useful I would want to also provide original output, not the compressed stuff by YouTube. smiley

And when I started this many years ago I was super inspired by Markus Rothkranz. Many may also be inspired by his genius using Carrara.

http://www.markusrothkranz.com/carrara_3d/index.html

Cheers Everyone!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    mmoir said:

Sorry about that. Bummer. But I totally understand their views. I have stuff I don't let anyone see too.

you mean with anatomical elements? I have those sorts of renders too blush

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    th3Digit said:
    mmoir said:

you mean with anatomical elements? I have those sorts of renders too blush

jiggy?

• ThomasScThomasSc Posts: 125

Hi,

Here are two other animations. They did not make it to the final animation, so it's not excellent, but I think they could be useful for the promo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvg3i7v39ywoh1j/Water-in-Sahara.mp4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9brs4dwdwe3qxwl/Kids-playing-Underground.mp4

Best wishes,
    Thomas

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

really good animation skills, Thomas, bravo!

•  

I'm so happy to hear this, and happy that you've seen this. If you had'nt replied when this thing was getting closer, I was planning to try and contact you!

Glad to hear that! :) Would love to be useful! 

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited March 2017

Dart,  I'd love to be a part of this.  As of now all I have is Mike's animation exercise I finished... see below, it's all alone on my YouTube channel... I know it's simple but looks nice.  Oh you mentioned 720p for pixel dimension... let me know if I should change the size and re-render... I'll likely want to change some shaders in scene room since I just like to fiddle with things.  BTW:  How soon are you wanting something for the promo reel?   I'd be happy to take a stab at animating some of the objects I've made or perhaps even a new one I've been thinking about the past few days.

I've not seen Vyusur pop her head in... perhaps you could include her Scroll Wing Chair modeling video... perhaps in bits every so often... just an idea.

yesyes  for Dartanbeck!   Carrara'a PR Team Leader, IMO.

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • ThomasScThomasSc Posts: 125

Hi,

Thanks. Here is another bit I just finished: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5u91rqkl40jw2l/Engine-and-oil.mp4

Best wishes,
    Thomas

Really cool Man, I love it!