New Carrara Promo Reel

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

I've put that one and your first Carrara demo reel in the opening post. Very inspirational. You do great work, my friend!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited February 2017

allright now should be public; I may be wrong but once there was a way to watch private videos by providing the link

edit: around 4.40 mins per frame

Post edited by magaremoto on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

allright now should be public; I may be wrong but once there was a way to watch private videos by providing the link

bummers, private link coulda been a way to have animations in the challenge enlightened

I agree. It should work that way.

Let's try this again, shall we?

updated my clip: I have tested minor post processing (contrast and color correction), speed up the camera motion up to 50 frames/second and added another scenery. some shaders need to be optimized within carrara though

Looking Great!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

It looks wonderful - is that about 3 different Stonemason sets butted together? Great work on the lighting and animation.

• you can cherry pick my other stuff if you can be bothered wink

• WsCGWsCG Posts: 391

My reel did not get as many views as some others, even though I did put lots of my time in it sad

I have not even seen that video on YT in my search results. Unfortunately, YT can be very weird about what is or isn't included in searches.

When I was first looking for Carrara tutorial vids, I kept seeing the same handful. All of a sudden, my "recommended videos" was filled with all these new ones I'd never seen before. That might have something to do with why your views aren't as high.

That said, very nicely done! Definitely some of the better ones I've seen.

edited February 2017

you can cherry pick my other stuff if you can be bothered wink

Awesome! I was going to ask! ;)

Thank you!!! 

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    Mitovo said:

My reel did not get as many views as some others, even though I did put lots of my time in it sad

I have not even seen that video on YT in my search results. Unfortunately, YT can be very weird about what is or isn't included in searches.

When I was first looking for Carrara tutorial vids, I kept seeing the same handful. All of a sudden, my "recommended videos" was filled with all these new ones I'd never seen before. That might have something to do with why your views aren't as high.

That said, very nicely done! Definitely some of the better ones I've seen.

We have to include tags when we publish our videos. I try to put in everything I can think of that someone might be searching for for mine. Not sure what FifthElement adds, but that might have something to do with it.

...and I agree. FifthElement does Amazing work! He's not alone in that, but I've always been a fan!

His VFX Reel

and his first Carrara Reel

edited February 2017
    PhilW said:

It looks wonderful - is that about 3 different Stonemason sets butted together? Great work on the lighting and animation.

thanks DB and Phil, there are 4 Stonemason sets in sequence but I would have liked the shaders optimized for carrara as in DS/iray; actually I see an unwanted red dominance on YT, dunno why,

but nevertheless carrara can weigh in on animations

agreed with DB about 5thElement, one of the best ever had here; he should jump on board to take part to the promo arrangement laughwink

Post edited by magaremoto on
  • I stopped using tags after youtube pulled one of my popular videos for misuse of metadata.

I now hardly add any desciption either.

• omG, memories this brought back! Would love to join this promo reel project! 

omG, memories this brought back! Would love to join this promo reel project! 

I'm so happy to hear this, and happy that you've seen this. If you had'nt replied when this thing was getting closer, I was planning to try and contact you!

edited February 2017

I'm working on some fresh stuff for this. I just hope I can make the cut! LOL My stuff is... well... different.

I still feel like such a noob in many aspects of Carrara

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

yeah. 

when we used to doing something in our original version, some workflow habits haz to relearn for the latest n greatest upgrades,
    expanding our limits for hardware upgrades.

like no 8.5 shader sets in the store.  te whats new says says 8.5 can read the alpha layer in png files.  imo, that is a totally major break through

omG, memories this brought back! Would love to join this promo reel project! 

I'm so happy to hear this, and happy that you've seen this. If you had'nt replied when this thing was getting closer, I was planning to try and contact you!

it seems that the crew is getting younger, good news yessmiley

Renderman 21 Reel

edited February 2017

The BEST TV show trailer EVER

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited April 2017

The best 3D reel EVER

cheeky

Post edited by FifthElement on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I love listening to audio drama: I find it has by far the best visual effects.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

The best 3D reel EVER

That's hilarious dude :)

The best 3D reel EVER

cheeky

That was wonderful - I recommend everyone should watch this!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2017
    PhilW said:

The best 3D reel EVER

cheeky

I know I am going to say "Of course it is as soon as someone answers, but can someone please tell me waht the sound track behind this video is.  It's one of those things which is just so familiar and yet I cannot put a name to it.

Post edited by Chohole on
    Chohole said:
    PhilW said:

The best 3D reel EVER

cheeky

I know I am going to say "Of course it is as soon as someone answers, but can someone please tell me waht the sound track behind this video is.  It's one of those things which is just so familiar and yet I cannot put a name to it.

I don't know but it is pretty epic sounding!

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

I believe it is from Avatar.

3DAGE said:

The best 3D reel EVER

That's hilarious dude :)

So Agreed!!! LOL!!! Such imagnation!

here comes the king - from Prince of Persia