New Carrara Promo Reel

Comments

• ThomasScThomasSc Posts: 125

Thx :)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Is Dart on holiday?  He doesn't seem to have been around this last week?

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

He appeared in Howler thread yesterday.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    Vyusur said:

He appeared in Howler thread yesterday.

I thought I'd noticed him post elsewhere.

Hope you don't mind my recommending your Scroll Wing Chair video... was that OK?

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

John, you are welcome!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Yeah... new band is debuting and my singer just bought me a new freaking awesome digital drumkit, so I'm getting that all set up to my liking... it freaking rocks! My Daughter is getting married in May and there have been multitudes of things getting in the way - and then the weather decides to work against me too... making me drum for six hours straight in 11 degree F just froze me through... now I can barely talk and I have to sing on Friday as well as it being my first live gig with the new kit... 

Anyway, I'm not going anywhere... just getting pulled temporarily. Besides, we need to build new stuff for this whole thing!

Wow, Thomas... most viscous! I've downloaded the latest three you've submitted... thanks man! Fantastic!

DesertDude, cool, so we have permission then? Anything new coming up?

wgdjohn... very cool! Keep it up! Also, yes... I'll contact Vyusur and see if I can use some of her on-screen modeling stuff... great idea!

Although there's a lot going on 'right now', I'll be back very soon. Like... very soon.

Lots going on - but lots of good stuff from the sounds of it, like a new digital drum kit and daughter getting married, that is awesome - you'll have a blast at the wedding!  Good to see you back on here too.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    PhilW said:

... but lots of good stuff from the sounds of it, like a new digital drum kit ...

My wife played a digital drum kit at our anniversary, she's actually very good.  Without the beer the rest of us band members needed just to get up there, although the audience seemed to like our version of "Summertime Blues" (video below, the digital kit cleverly disguised).  The ad for her digital drumset with headphones said, "You'll think you've died and gone to heaven.  The neighbors will just think you died."  

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited March 2017

Hya great idea Dart,

have a look at the 3.40 mark of this old video - it has the same render witrh different elements faded in - it's an effective way of adding movement to still renders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs8zAH6V6f4

just got back last night gee I've missed lots - not sure how to get the video appear as an image (edit thanks Wendy)

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited March 2017

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

change to source before pasting it in

You prob used link or the popup box that appears if you try to paste stuff.

fanks :)

edited March 2017
    head wax said:

Hya great idea Dart,

have a look at the 3.40 mark of this old video - it has the same render witrh different elements faded in - it's an effective way of adding movement to still renders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs8zAH6V6f4

just got back last night gee I've missed lots - not sure how to get the video appear as an image (edit thanks Wendy)

So... this gives us permission to use your goods? :)

Yeah, once the YouTube video is playing, right-click in the movie and 'copy video url', then just paste into the forum post, like this:

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    PhilW said:

Lots going on - but lots of good stuff from the sounds of it, like a new digital drum kit and daughter getting married, that is awesome - you'll have a blast at the wedding!  Good to see you back on here too.

Thanks! I'm still not entirely back - gone most of the time doing stuff... but soon I should be back much more.

Steve K said:
    PhilW said:

... but lots of good stuff from the sounds of it, like a new digital drum kit ...

My wife played a digital drum kit at our anniversary, she's actually very good.  Without the beer the rest of us band members needed just to get up there, although the audience seemed to like our version of "Summertime Blues" (video below, the digital kit cleverly disguised).

Very cool!!!

Steve K said:
    PhilW said:

The ad for her digital drumset with headphones said, "You'll think you've died and gone to heaven.  The neighbors will just think you died."  

So true! I can't believe how stealthy this kit is! The mesh heads are so silent to the rest of the house, yet it thunders through my headphones with amazing clarity... I love it! We're going to completely revitalize my acoustic kit now. It so deserves it - it's been my favorite kit to play for many years... still is.

This guy from Poland does a great job of showing what I was like when it came in. His kit is a little different though

This is the one I have

Sorry for the absence as well as the off-topic....

I'm going to be rockin' out this weekend, going to a festival which has Hawkwind, Barclay James Harvest, Curved Air, Wishbone Ash, Atomic Rooster and The Strawbs plus a whole load of more recent (and great!) bands. I'm going to have a blast!

Wow! Cool!

PhilW said:

I'm going to be rockin' out this weekend, going to a festival which has Hawkwind, Barclay James Harvest, Curved Air, Wishbone Ash, Atomic Rooster and The Strawbs plus a whole load of more recent (and great!) bands. I'm going to have a blast!

Hawkwind....? gee you must be as old as I am.

Dart wrote

So... this gives us permission to use your goods? :)

but of course, I would be honoured

here's some recent work (and not so recent) - could have something useful ? http://andrewfinnie.com/p/blog-page.html

Very much, HeadWax... Yes! Thank you!!!

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    DesertDude, cool, so we have permission then? Anything new coming up?

Yes, thanks, so long as it's not detrimental to the quality the project is looking for. Sadly, nothing coming up...life and all...as per many posts in this thread...

• ThomasScThomasSc Posts: 125

Hi,

I hjust finished my first short show reel this year. It's mostly what I already gave you. I hope to finish the long version soon. Perhaps it can serve as another source for inspiration for you. Feedback will be more then welcome :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oe9iv1nu92zvke3/Showreel-Thomas.mp4

Best wishes,
    Thomas

Feedback? Hmmm... I tell you what... I freaking Love it!!! You do brilliant work, Sir! Thank you so much!

• pmart868pmart868 Posts: 37

Hi To All, I have attached a couple of stills of my an idea I have for my next house. By the way I live in Trindad in the Caribbean. The car is the Spy Car 12 (Dreamscape-Creations) with a local number plate. I can't recall who I purchased the Patio set model from. The building was model in ArchiTool (Inagoni) plug-in for Carrara and rendered with Octane.

My Chaguanas House.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    My Chaguanas House - Top view.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited March 2017
    ThomasSc said:

pmart868 said:

Hi To All, I have attached a couple of stills of my an idea I have for my next house. By the way I live in Trindad in the Caribbean. The car is the Spy Car 12 (Dreamscape-Creations) with a local number plate. I can't recall who I purchased the Patio set model from. The building was model in ArchiTool (Inagoni) plug-in for Carrara and rendered with Octane.

love how the laundry is nearly as big as the main bedroom

head wax said:
    pmart868 said:

Hi Head Wax, Thanks for the observation on the laundry room, the wife insists that the clean linen can be stored there. Hey, I Love my wife. lol. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    head wax said:
    pmart868 said:

Comparing the size of the car, I think the bedrooms must be for dwarf sized beds. 

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

Trinidad? such a lovely exotic place! I'd like to have a house there yes

Chohole said:
    head wax said:
    pmart868 said:

Comparing the size of the car, I think the bedrooms must be for dwarf sized beds. 

Hi  Chohole, I take your point on scale of the rooms and will correct their sizes, this is not from a blue print. A work in progress and I do appreciate all feed back. The more eyes, the better for me. Thanks again All. 

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited March 2017
    ThomasSc said:

Hi,

I hjust finished my first short show reel this year. It's mostly what I already gave you. I hope to finish the long version soon. Perhaps it can serve as another source for inspiration for you. Feedback will be more then welcome :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oe9iv1nu92zvke3/Showreel-Thomas.mp4

Best wishes,
    Thomas

A couple of things.

I really liked the timing of your reel, and the timing of the reels of FifthElement.  Ditto the music.

By the same standards, I found the Lightwave 2014 reel shared by Dart in the initial thread post to be unwatchable.  Couldn't finish it.

My biggest complaint is the lack of lifelike animated characters.  There are tons of wonderful examples of nonliving objects, and endless examples of particles forming and disentegrating and other special effects.  But lifelike characters are in short supply.  Maybe it is because they are harder?  Given the popularity of realistic video games and comic-book movies, I would prefer more of that.  And to see and hear them speaking as well.

In short, I would like to see more stuff in this direction.  In fact, instead of a series of flashy clips ONLY, I would like to see a Carrara reel framed with a structured story, narrated by an animated lifelike character (or characters).  One possibility I see is opening the reel with a scene with an old man (or woman) in a rocking chair, eyes closed.  Quietly rocking with slight squeaking sound.  After a few seconds, the old figure starts talking (slowly, in an old person's voice).  "Some folks have suggested that Carrara is getting old and past it's prime."  Closeup on the face.  One eye opens, glaring.  Sarcasm, and faster speech:  "Does this look like it's past its prime"?  Music starts, figure gets up from the chair, is suddenly young and vibrant, and is now a stunning babe or super-muscular dude.  (I prefer the babe).  And the (amazing) clips begin.

I also liked Margaremoto's fly-through (which he has apparently taken down).  I seem to remember in the last version that there were people in the scene, which made it even better for me.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

LOl,  not being pernickety,  but as I live in a miniscule little, almost 200 year old,  cottage I am used to working out what will fit or not fit.