Attack of the EULA

vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
edited January 2013 in The Commons

OK, so why is the shop suddenly confronting me with the EULA no matter what I try to do? It would be one thing if it were offering me a button to click to accept or cancel or deny or whatever, but it's just there, and there's no way to get around it to do anything.

I have a Fast Grab item in my cart which I quite literally CANNOT buy because the store won't let me get to the cart.

I click "Shopping Cart": EULA.

I click "Checkout": EULA.

I click on the Mech banner: I get to the promo page! Could it be ... I click on any item on the promo page: EULA.

I click any link in any menu anywhere on the site: EULA.

If I'm NOT logged into the store, I can actually see, like, products and stuff! Things for sale! Then I log in: EULA.

The only thing I can get to is the forum.

Post edited by vwrangler on

Comments

• pc2014pc2014 Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    OK, so why is the shop suddenly confronting me with the EULA no matter what I try to do? It would be one thing if it were offering me a button to click to accept or cancel or deny or whatever, but it's just there, and there's no way to get around it to do anything.

I have a Fast Grab item in my cart which I quite literally CANNOT buy because the store won't let me get to the cart.

I click "Shopping Cart": EULA.

I click "Checkout": EULA.

I click any link in any menu anywhere on the site: EULA.

The only thing I can get to is the forum.

I'm taking it as a sign I shouldn't make any more purchases today. All day long I've been debating the Mech thing (which doesn't interest me really) in order to get other discounts (which equally don't interest me) in order to earn $10 for spending $50.

Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with me. It's like I'm a DAZ junkie who can't stop spending regardless of how uninterested I am.

• Wiccancowboy2000Wiccancowboy2000 Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Same here. Trying to get to my downloadable stuff, and *BAM* EULA! WTF, mate?

• TLTJadeTLTJade Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

Same. I've been having to update things and I can't do ANYTHING because of that EULA. Seriously, we've been here more than 5 minutes, we know the EULA. Can't you at least put an "accept" button so we can clear it, or is Magento too stupid to understand what buttons are for?

I know about a hundred code monkeys that could build an actual functional site for significantly less than what Magento costs.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I Just Started Getting The Same Thing and I'm Like WTF!

I would agree to it but there is nothing to select or close or anything

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
    edited December 1969

Oh, this IS rich! I went to the Help page to try to submit a ticket about this, so I could get the Fast Grab price on the thing in my cart; it's not my fault that I can't check out while it's still on sale, after all.

What do you think happened when I went to the help page? Guess. No, really, go ahead and guess.

Yep. It recognized that I was logged in and ... EULA. Can't submit a ticket to Sales about the problem with the EULA because the EULA won't let me submit a ticket.

Can’t you at least put an “accept” button so we can clear it, or is Magento too stupid to understand what buttons are for?

I know about a hundred code monkeys that could build an actual functional site for significantly less than what Magento costs.

At a guess, someone somewhere forgot to code in the Accept/Reject-Cancel buttons, which means that the server is waiting for a response that no logged-in user can give. (I kind of suspect this might be human error rather than Magento stupidness, for once. The server can't let us through to the store without getting a response the page isn't coded to give.)

• EwokzombieEwokzombie Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

So much for getting last weeks and this weeks freebies. Any word form anyone in charge here that they are even looking at fixing it sometime before the end of the year?

• Mortar MoppMortar Mopp Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

WTF? I just signed on and all I can see almost every link I click is an End User Agreement covering the whole page. I can't even send a Help Request asking what the deal is.

Man, I hate this site anymore.

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited December 1969

I was trying to buy something. Mutant EULA won't let me.
    Too bad.

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm also having the same problem. Different day, another store problem!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
    edited December 1969

So much for getting last weeks and this weeks freebies. Any word form anyone in charge here that they are even looking at fixing it sometime before the end of the year?

...Well, it did only just start happening. I rather suspect they'll fix it before December, somehow. Missing a year's worth of income because nobody can actually buy anything would be a tad much.

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

never mind, double post, lol User glitch this time ;)

Post edited by cimaira on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Not sure what is going on with this guys, reported it. hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will get on this

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    Oh, this IS rich! I went to the Help page to try to submit a ticket about this, so I could get the Fast Grab price on the thing in my cart; it's not my fault that I can't check out while it's still on sale, after all.

What do you think happened when I went to the help page? Guess. No, really, go ahead and guess.

Yep. It recognized that I was logged in and ... EULA. Can't submit a ticket to Sales about the problem with the EULA because the EULA won't let me submit a ticket.

And we can't call them and leave a voicemail because they took down their phone#, and we've been told they don't pay attention to the forums . . . wonder how long it's gonna take before they notice something's wrong? :-/
  • MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

When I first read, I thought maybe is another person with browser or system problem.
    But is genuine, I get it regardless of IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and others

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited December 1969

well at least some might now read it all :lol:

• edited January 2013

Not only that but it shut down the program and wont let me use it, because it removed the genesis dsf file. I have spent the last week trying to rebuild from a complete system loss, and tonight BAM.

Post edited by Eric dgl fractal art on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

This is a pain! How do you access your account?

• hjakehjake Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

I have had the same problem.

edited December 1969

I am certain this is a temporary glitch

trying to find out more

please stand by

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited January 2013

It pushes me to do something illegal, I can barely hold myself.
    I was downloading reset m5 pro bundle to use with new ds4.5, bum!, the eula menace.

Post edited by Coon Ra on
  • EwokzombieEwokzombie Posts: 70
    edited January 2013

Oh wow, look at that, 4 replies (probably more now) in here since mine and not a single email notification for them either. Nice to know that hasn’t been fixed yet either. No, that’s not just sarcasm.

*Yes the box is checked for the "Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread".

Oh never mind they went in my Junk folder. Go figure.

Post edited by Ewokzombie on
  • edited December 1969

Can anyone access their accounts at all?

edited December 1969

it doesn't look like it

• HALO creativeHALO creative Posts: 96
    edited January 2013

Maybe this is the best way to make people ACTUALLY READ the EULA!

Hmm...
    "i can't access my account"...
    "I can't buy anything"...
    "While I'm waiting.... I wonder what this EULA page says!" 8-/

(by the way, I DID and the SUPPORT PHONE NUMBER IS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM!)

If you need technical support for a DAZ3D product, please call (801) 983-6415. Our technical support hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M.S.T.

;-)

Post edited by HALO creative on
  • clipkaclipka Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Is it just me, or is there something broken with the DAZ 3D shop?

No matter what I do, I keep ending at a page telling me about the End User License Agreements. And there's no friggin' button to say "I accept, now just gimme the page I really want"?!

I can't even submit a Help Request about this issue, because of this issue. Can someone help please?!!

• edited December 1969

it doesn't look like it

I'd like to know why it pulled the genesis .dsf file too???

• edited December 1969

Can anyone tell me how I'm supposed to checkout with my purchase? I can't seem to get off the end user agreement page. There is nothing to check on either Chrome or Safari.

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Ditto here too...

a8buo3d2pg9ec35j4zjo_7.png
    590 x 134 - 12K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

There is the EULA on every single installer of every product... We dont need to read it on the website constantly as well.

edited December 1969

it doesn't look like it

I'd like to know why it pulled the genesis .dsf file too???

ummmmm, not a clue, sorry folks i am as in the dark here as you all, still trying to find someone awake who might know something