Attack of the EULA

Comments

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

OMG, I got an ebot for a thread other than this one

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

surprised my phone isn't ringing. a few people have my home number and they seem to think I can do something about things like this

• KuriosDrachenKuriosDrachen Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

I will say it's nice to read complaints about a down site and not have explicatives splashed up and down the page. I give Daz3D.com props for fostering a quality community. It seems most people here have more than an average amount of common sense...

You need to get out more, LOL. While i agree about the language, users here usually throw DAZ under the bus for any little perceived hiccup in their site experience. This real issue isn't going to help that, LOL.

Sorry, I don't frequent the Daz forums much. :D

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

I just typed "webstores created by incompetent hamsters" into Google and I got the DAZ EULA. How freaky is that?

• spimspim Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I guess I *could* swear some if it will make y'all feel better ...

. . .

**ahem**

. .

RASSA-FRASSIN-RICKAH-FRICKAH-FRAGGIN' . . . OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH ..... AH ***HATE*** THAT WEB SITE !!!!!!!!

yosemite_sam_desktop_wallpaper-t2.jpg
    400 x 300 - 35K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,178
    edited December 1969

So much for getting last weeks and this weeks freebies. Any word form anyone in charge here that they are even looking at fixing it sometime before the end of the year?

Well, it's in the wee hours of Wednesday, and it's not a holiday (I don't know about in Utah, though) so they should be here some time around 10 am and notice that there have been no sales for hours. That should get their attention! :lol:

Dana

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    I just typed "webstores created by incompetent hamsters" into Google and I got the DAZ EULA. How freaky is that?

You bet it is true, I checked.
  • Hurricane-HektorHurricane-Hektor Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Same here! :/

• TLTJadeTLTJade Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

Wiccan1 said:
    Ditto here too...

That error made me LOL.

Is it just the one person whose files are being deleted, or should I leave Daz closed until they fix this newest mess? I've been working with getting stuff installed into Poser the last couple days, but if it's deleting files, no way am I opening Daz.

OTOH, if they don't get this broken store fixed, I'm done with trying to use the store here and going to be taking my money to other stores.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I've checked the DAZ facebook page, and someone has posted that there is website trouble over there as well. Don't know if anyone from DAZ will see it this late, but it's there.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Its 11:17PM Tuesday in UT... Sadly, it may be a while yet :(

edited December 1969

Oh wow, look at that, 4 replies (probably more now) in here since mine and not a single email notification for them either. Nice to know that hasn’t been fixed yet either. No, that’s not just sarcasm.

*Yes the box is checked for the "Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread".

Oh never mind they went in my Junk folder. Go figure.

Maybe your filter is trying to tell you something? Tell all of us something? Hope not.

Dana

• PablitosPablitos Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I am having the same problem too

• clipkaclipka Posts: 8
    edited January 2013

WORKS AGAIN! WORKS AGAIN! HOORAY!!!

Edit: DANG! Only some cached page apparently... SHIT!

Post edited by clipka on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

firefox and IE are both giving me the EULA

Whew, that's a relief! It could have been the finger.

• Hurricane-HektorHurricane-Hektor Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I was getting worried there for a minute thinking I was the only one having the same problem! LOL

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

clipka said:

Yep, I just got in!
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

UM I just got access to my account.

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Site just started working again. Go figure!

• clipkaclipka Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

clipka said:

Hm... then again, I can at least access the help center request form again... so someone seems to be working on it indeed.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

swfreeman said:
    Spit said:
    It's just been one continuous fustercluck since they updated the site. I miss the old site... :-/

I miss the site prior to the old site.

and i miss the pages before, when daz was called just zygote :D

Heh. But I don't miss those prices. I purchased the original zygote dragon for $75.00

:(

edited January 2013

hjake said:
    Arotech said:
    I was starting to get pissed since I'm doing a total redownload, and can't get the enviroment installer to run.

Maybe YOU'RE the one that broke the site!! Bet you did! ;)

did you type google into google?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqxLmLUT-qc

Yes...About 10,970,000,000 results :lol:

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • CoolBreezeCoolBreeze Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Yup. site works again. just went to the weekly freebie via email link, the headphones item... added to cart, checked out, and at the download page now.

Sadly, this might've been a really good April Fool's joke. Even if it had unintentionally happened on April 1st; however, its still middle of January.

Using Firefox 18.0 btw.

edited December 1969

I will say it's nice to read complaints about a down site and not have explicatives splashed up and down the page. I give Daz3D.com props for fostering a quality community. It seems most people here have more than an average amount of common sense...

Sense is not common! For proof, sit down on any weekday afternoon and flick the channels, and watch the numerous court shows. Or, take any product off the shelf and read the warning labels. If they warn you against using their product a certain way, and you think to yourself, "Only an idiot would do that!", then it means that a lot of idiots did that, sued the manufacturer and won.

Dana

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    firefox and IE are both giving me the EULA

Whew, that's a relief! It could have been the finger.

No, that's the DAZ EULA doing that! :-P

Dana

edited December 1969

OK, I finally got into my history and logged a request...the Air Bike has no ReadMe, in case some of you haven't tried to install that yet. And it's not that new, they've had time to get it put online...I "bought" it on December 25th!

Dana

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem. I had just "upgraded" my free Avast to the trial version of their internet security, and installed several Win7 updates. I went back to a restore point 2 days ago, and everything is working perfect now. Is there any chance the problems everyone is having might be related to either their firewall or a Windows update?

Just thought I'd pop in and share what happened to me. It's a long shot, but maybe there is a common thread between everyone's problems related either to an update on your system or a common firewall setting (and maybe a change on the website that triggered a firewall issue that didn't exist before).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,938
    edited December 1969

2:04 am EST
    The store and my account are working now.