Central Business District for Carrara - A New Set by PhilW [Commercial]

I have a new set coming out for Carrara entitled Central Business District for Carrara. It can be used on its own, but is also a complementary set to Night & Day City. It should be launched next week.  Here is an overview video that tells you all about it!

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited March 2017

...and here are some promo images, the first four using just the Central Business District set and the last two used together with Night & Day City.  These are renders of the sets as distributed, including people, vehicles, trees, etc, nothing extra has been added.

City Central Promo3.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 280K
    City Central Promo5.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 304K
    City Central Promo7.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 369K
    City Central Promo4.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 290K
    City Central Promo10.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 355K
    City Central Promo11.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 310K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Looks very good, Phil, should be a nice enhancement to my Night & Day City.  I'm a sucker for these kind of scenes, e.g. "Urban Sprawl" & "US 2" by Stonemason (unfortunately US3 is only available as *.DUF), and "Movie Sets, City Blocks" by Dreamland Models.  But I like the idea of a Carrara format, so no having to redo all the lights, etc, especially the building night lighting.  The animated fly-thrus are impressive, reminds me of GTA5, which is high praise.  Lots of great detail, it probably took you days to finish ... wink

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

As my wife casually commented, looking over my shoulder while I watched the video, "That's a darn big city!"

And a quality one as well.  Your work continues to be an inspiration.  Thanks, and congratulations on getting this massive project into the marketplace!

The fly-throughs were mostly rendered in Octane at around 30 secs per frame!! I made myself a specially modified Octane version for doing this.  All the other renders are native Carrara, I particularly like the way you can dial in some haze.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

that's where spidey likes to swing from the buildings

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799

This is so good, Phil! Wow.

MistyRara said:

that's where spidey likes to swing from the buildings

Yep - it would be great for that sort of scene!

This is so good, Phil! Wow.

Thank you!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited March 2017

This is amazing... I love the reflections of the lighted building windows in the car windows. You could make a whole roof-garden universe up there, too!  yes Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

Looks awesome Phil.  I take it the Promo's are Carrara Native Renderer.  Love to see some Octane renders, but either way, looking forward to it

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Excellent work, Phil!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

laughyes

• Wow, awesome set! 

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Phil, very impressive!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I had a play around with it during testing, and it rerally is a truly remarkable set. All the buildings can be reconfigured simply by pulling their component bits up and down (you could animate it and produce a very pythonesque "breathing" city...). Oh and those gorgeous 3d ground floor shop window displays - they're terrains!

Here's a couple of "poster" renders I did using the day & night hybrid city presets that come with the set.

cop_Standee1.jpg
    410 x 1024 - 274K
    cop_Standee2.jpg
    410 x 1024 - 309K
    ProPose said:

Looks awesome Phil.  I take it the Promo's are Carrara Native Renderer.  Love to see some Octane renders, but either way, looking forward to it

Thanks for all the kind comments - yes, all the promo images are Carrara's native renderer. I just did the animations in Octane for speed.

• Oh and those gorgeous 3d ground floor shop window displays - they're terrains!

That's brillant. Phil, I think you'll always amaze me :-)

• ThomasScThomasSc Posts: 125

Hi,

Cool set :)

Best wishes,
    Thomas

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited March 2017

Will this new intriguing set be suitable for animation? I mean, with reasonable rendering times? I see there are some pedestrians and cars. Do they move? (I k now I'm asking a lot)

Post edited by argus1000 on

The full scene is static and the figures are lo-res unrigged characters - but that doesn't mean that you couldn't substitute something like Loretta LoRes characters and animate them. I would not try doing it with the full scene as is included with the distribution, that would be wasteful as you can't see all the streets at the same time (except from above I suppose), but you can make your own layouts with the included buildings and the cars would be easy to move.  The individual buildings are quite "light" so they render pretty quickly.

edited March 2017

I now have an Octane version of the full night scene mostly working - here are a couple of street views.

City Central Octane1PMC.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 755K
    City Central Octane2PMC.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 849K
    Post edited by PhilW on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

I like it!!!! Just bought the set.  Downloading now.  Are the Octane versions going to be available,  or is that something we have to play with on our own.  Either way, thanks for this!

There are a couple of issues at the moment with the Octane scenes, particularly the night scene (it works as you can see above, but it's not looking quite as it should), but if you want what I have and have bought the set, PM me and I can send you the Octane versions.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341

Phil, bought the set, but when I went to get the "The lo-res additions require the Instance Replicator plugin available free from Sparrowhawke3D", I can only find an "Instance Randomizer" at the Sparrowhawke site, is that what you were referring to ?

edited March 2017

Sorry, I flagged that when I noticed it a few days ago to Daz, but it clearly hasn't been corrected. Yes, it is the Instance Randomizer. I'll let them know again to change the text.

Here is a close up of one of the more iconic buildings.  Looking forward to seeing your renders, please post on this thread.

SpaceBuilding-Final.jpg
    1000 x 1704 - 494K
    Post edited by PhilW on
  • I bought it.

As coincidences go, I was just in need of a set like that. I'm sure I'll find it very handy.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

Video

very nice set Phil heartyes

I got this up just in time Thank you

Great video Wendy - you did really well to get that all rendered in such a short time!

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701

A great addition to my cities sets, Phil. A very customizable set. You can de-construct and re-construct.  Wonderful.

I love cities. I have also the Dreamland "City blocks" (20 full city blocks for close to $300). I have Powerage "Modern city", "Suburban blocks" and "Red-light district",  bought at Renderosity too.  I have Stonemason "Urban sprawl" series.

I'm all set.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Really a great job!

I'll speak to my "financial team" (my wife...)