MimicMolly's Renders & WIPs

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Great job on that head shape!  I think the skin you ended up with works very well for him.

I've barely looked at what came with the Xelara bundle, I have no idea what clothes I got  lol.  I have to say, if I could have afforded I would have bought the whole page lol.

The toons are adorable but wow, you are right, those nipples!  I wonder if there is a dial to dial those back a bit.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    edited September 2018

I did this one a while ago, KamilyAnn for Zelara 8, but with a freebie character Diva Karli at 100% substituted in for Zelara 8. I used Olympia 8's skin and Bella Hair. The bikini is Hongyu's Bikini for V5 but with the Swinging 70s texture add-on by -renapd- from Renderosity. The hat is a freebie hat from SAV's Hat Collection which the texture add-on provided matching textures. I thought this character would look prettier without Zelara and it turns out I was right. 

Main reason I had gotten KamilyAnn is because that's the only Zelara 8 character I can think of that has spine morphs. I was on the fence about making the spine more obvious but then I liked the soft casual look of the image. Like BAM! surprise sci-fi. (Also posted to the Galleries.)

KarliAnn.jpg
    850 x 1100 - 282K
    Post edited by MimicMolly on
    edited September 2018

Mostly inspired by this thread, but here is Ryuu for M5 in Iray. I had already rendered his skin before in 3Delight. My regret is that I haven't picked up Cayman Studio's M5 UVs for G8M. cheeky

Ryuu.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 532K
  • I did this one a while ago, KamilyAnn for Zelara 8, but with a freebie character Diva Karli at 100% substituted in for Zelara 8. I used Olympia 8's skin and Bella Hair. The bikini is Hongyu's Bikini for V5 but with the Swinging 70s texture add-on by -renapd- from Renderosity. The hat is a freebie hat from SAV's Hat Collection which the texture add-on provided matching textures. I thought this character would look prettier without Zelara and it turns out I was right. 

Main reason I had gotten KamilyAnn is because that's the only Zelara 8 character I can think of that has spine morphs. I was on the fence about making the spine more obvious but then I liked the soft casual look of the image. Like BAM! surprise sci-fi. (Also posted to the Galleries.)

Love this!  the spines really take this to the next level. You look at her and think, wow she is so pretty and the whoa, wait, she has spines coming out of her back.  Its great!

@IceDragonArt thank you!

edited September 2018

I posted this in the galleries as well, but I still have no idea how this render turned out so nice. I admit, I dislike the rainbow background but it has since grown on me. It's basically Latonya 8 with the Lady Impulse for V4 outfit and the Sporty Heels for Genesis 8 Female(s). (Other items are in the gallery upload, sorry I just can't be bothered to re-link again.)

I like Latonya 8 more than Monique 8, mostly because I like to render curvier women and I didn't like Monique's lips which made it difficult for me to blend her shape with others. Still both have nice skins, unlike most of the other DAZ Original 8 girls who look the same, probably due to the skin settings. Latonya 8 is easily my favorite, alongside Olympia 8, Sakura 8, and Edie 8. Honorable mention is Stephanie 8 because I love her eyes.

LadyLatonya.png
    1100 x 1812 - 2M
  • Nicely done!  For some reason, that background just works with her.  she looks very confident!

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Got to agree, this one looks brilliant smiley

edited September 2018

I have a couple of items in my cart and I still haven't rendered other items I've purchased, so I'm trying to catch up. angel

Anyway, this is just Darwin Mishap's Ishimoto for Genesis 8 Male, sort of? I just used his skin and 50% of his head morph, mixing another 50% of Ichiro (from EJ Ethic Male Beauty for Genesis 8 Male) and then like 40% of Brute 8's head. Yes, I wanted to render The Brute 8 because he is perfect and that's why the body is 100% The Brute 8 but with some pec morphs. Hair and body wetness is from Linday's Short Wet Hair, and the briefs are from Ronen for G8M. I don't know how to tweak the textures so they'd look wet too, so lets pretend it's something I threw in in the last minute so this render won't violate the ToS. The pose is from Z Muscleman - Poses and Expressions for G8M and The Brute 8 but with some tweaking. I had also used Altern8 but the wet skin setting.

IshimotoIchiroBrute8.png
    1600 x 900 - 4M
  • Well....wow!

edited September 2018

Some fan art of Bowsette, based from this comic of Bowser (Mario antagonist) equipping a Super Crown and turning into a princess. The cosplay is called "The Phenomenon for G8F" by squarepeg3D at Renderosity. The character herself is a dial-spun character meant to loosely resemble Aeon Soul's Alice, except you can't really tell anymore because she has Aurore's skin and I used these free toon shaders by Divamakeup IDK how long they'll be up, grab them now while you can.

I also posted this in the Galleries.

Untitled4.jpg
    950 x 1230 - 231K
    edited September 2018

I actually wanted to just render this Alice-knockoff but I saw that the cosplay was uploaded recently. And since the meme is still current, I just combined both as one render. I will say that I do like the promo girl, but I really can't stand her overly plucked eyebrows. So I did this to see how she'd look like with more normal eyebrows.

In case you're curious, this copycat based off the P3Design Latonya 8 morphs, the DAZ Original morphs, the RareStone morphs, and I can't remember which other ones. I think I dialed in Aurore's face asymmetry morph too. She had normal hands but I used the HFS creature morphs to make the hands a bit monstrous.

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

I've suddenly started seeing Bowsette everywhere laugh, nicely done rendition of her.

edited September 2018

Thank you @Noswen but I feel I did an even better rendition when I took more time to get it "right".

I had tweaked the shader settings more and got it to where I like it.

Thumbnail.png
    1020 x 1500 - 2M
    edited September 2018

Re-did this render of Biana I did back in May. I tweaked her face morph and opened her mouth a bit. Added other accessories. Most importantly, I let the render run a little longer. Yes, this redo looks more like her.

I really need to figure out how to get this outfit to work perfectly for G8F. But I have a feeling that it would be difficult.

Thumbnail.png
    1545 x 1000 - 2M
    edited October 2018

I've actually been busy with Inktober, as in drawing. Yesterday that deal on Big Cat 2 and the Mil Cat Bundle was too good to pass up. The day before that, I picked up the Monster Bride HD for G8F. The only thing I didn't like about this product was that there is no lipstick-less option but then, that's why I have GIMP and a merchant resource. XD

Anyway, this was originally a render of just her with a mix of the BOSS lights that I finally got (heard lots of great things about it) and the Film Noir Iray Potrait Studio Vol. II lights. But then I decided to re-render it but with the dial-spun G8F shape that's supposed to look like me (the "avatar" as I call it). I wanted to see if I could've made it proper grayscale but then I liked the blues and rusted reds mixed with the grays. I just left it like this and didn't bother to redo it again

Both renders are using the Olympia 8 eyebrows...though I should've tried with Aurore's eyebrows instead. Oh well. XD

TwoBrides.jpg
    1780 x 1085 - 920K
    edited October 2018

Vladimir 8 with the K-Nicky Hair for Genesis. The vampire teeth morphs are from EJ Teeth Collection for Genesis 8 Male(s) and the bite is from FWSA Liam HD Vampire Bundle. Also, used the BOSS lights and the Film Noir Lights from the previous post.

I only bought the Vlad 8 base. His body type is what I've been wanting from a DAZ strongman in a long time...specifically the stomach. Strong men, at least the ones who are large heavy-laborers, don't have defined body-builder abs. He's perfect. Nothing from his bundles interested me. Besides, I have The Brute 8's and Toon Dwayne 8's bundles, so I have enough G8M tough guy accessories for him. I would still get Gianni 8 if they released him. Hopefully they make him more of a hunky male character but that's just my own wishful thinking.

Untitled.jpg
    1500 x 1941 - 2M

On a personal note, I hope if Gianni 8 is released he is marketed as a hunk. Like more or less, the male-equivalent to what Olympia was meant to be (she is meant to be a beautiful curvy woman, then he should be a beautiful curvy man but the curves are from his musculature.) But then again, I doubt that would happen since this appeals to me and I like uncommon things. X'D

I'm sure a "hunky" Gianni will be a thinner/more medium man with a really rectangular body and extremely defined abs. Like, more or less like a Gianni 7 body with like a Michael 6 face. :P

Really like your vampire render.

I also prefer my virtual men to be well built with a bit of bulk to their bodies.  Not quite as slim as the G3 and G8 men are on average.  My favorite generation of males are G2 as they are more in line with what I personally find attractive.  There are some out now for G8 most notably by GypsyAngel, but Kaos3d also has a series called Calendar Guyz, which are morphs only, and they are very muscualr and have a muc heavier build.  And several of DarwinsMishaphs guys fit the bill as well.

@IceDragonArt I agree with the G2Ms, they were great. I would buy a legacy morph pack (no textures) of them if it were available.

edited October 2018

Speaking of bulky guys, I had gotten Phx Ohanzi for G8M the same day he hit the shop. Except I never did a proper render of him until just now. However, since I'm still on the topic of bigger hunks, here he is at 100% but with 40% Vladimir 8 and 20% Brute 8 mixed in. (I also filled in his cheeks a bit.) The outfit is Smooth Talker Outfit for G8M but tinted the base colors and the hair is from Santa Baby but I -100% on the X-axis to flip it. It has a mix of UHT2 and PhilW's Hair Lustre Shaders. His eye makeup comes from Kyle for G8M. The lights are once again a mix of BOSS lights and the Film Noir lights, which I like the effects from it.

Untitled.jpg
    1780 x 2170 - 4M
    edited November 2018

This is Widowmaker G3F by guhzcoituz, except the character texture, hair, and head prop are on G8F. And she is wearing the Stylish Zipper Dress by Pretty3D (from Renderosity). I did these renders a while ago, but I kept forgetting to post them on this thread. But the point was that I wanted to re-texture the outfit for it to be Overwatch Widowmaker's default colors. Here is side by side of the coloring I did with Sculptris and the more polished colors I did with GIMP, using the Sculptris colors as the base.

Untitled.jpg
    790 x 651 - 104K
    edited November 2018

I got the Stylish Zipper Dress for G8F a while ago because it was on sale but also because of the shoes. A lot of G8F heels are either platform heels, sandals, open-toed shoes, or just too pointy for my tastes. I just needed simple shoes like this, not too pointy, with not too thick soles and heels. Here's the shoes with the DS default leather Iray shader but with pink instead of brown on Latonya 8.

Untitled.jpg
    524 x 657 - 135K

Nice job on the retexturing!

And he is definitely a more manly man!

edited November 2018

I had a good Thanksgiving, ate several small lunches because of visiting family friends with my family. Here's a quick artistic render. Link to the DAZ galleries [x]. I also removed the black/white filter to see what it looked like, but it made the whole image softly pink. As a result, I actually switched the colors of the hoodie's inside. (The original was blue, so I made it reddish.)

I wanted to get the Lee 8 Pro Bundle, it appealed to me...except for the price tag. O_O; Then I decided I wanted the Lee 8 base, but he looked similar to the Asian morph (Morph #4) in M3D Martin HD Shapes for Michael 8. I guess I'll hold off for now, but he does look nice. 

In these renders he is using Brandon for Toon Dwayne 8's textures and Vladimir 8's normals and beard.

ShowYourStripes.jpg
    1020 x 1320 - 389K
    Untitled.jpg
    1020 x 1320 - 899K
    @Divamakeup I can't @ you in the galleries, but I saw your comment on the KamilyAnn/Diva Karli mix render. I just wanted to thank you for being the only PA, as far as I know, that made morphs for the Zelara 8's spine. I appreciate it.
    edited December 2018

I did these a while ago. I had intended to post these on the RY Kian for Michael 8 thread, but then I got busy and forgot lol

It's just meant to be RY Kian wearing the dForce Hip Hop Street Style Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s). His hair is the Brendan Hair for G3M.

Sample.jpg
    1000 x 1294 - 1M
    Untitled.jpg
    1001 x 1620 - 1M

The hair suits him.

edited December 2018

I finally got the Daz Dog 8. Didn't think of him as a priority, since I don't really render animals and I tend to be more of a cat-lover but he was at a deep discount this past week. His single UV makes him paintable in Sculptris. What better way to close this old year and welcome the new than to color him like Pikachu in Sculptris (and GIMP). I only changed the diffuse or the base color mat. The rest is from the base texture. The eyes and mouth are default mats too.

As of this post, I got the base dog and the labrador, I'll pick up the others eventually but I really want the weenie dog. Those are cute.

Untitled.jpg
    1001 x 1295 - 200K